Prescriptivism vs. Descriptivism

>African-American English speakers are more linguistically sophisticated.

the english language is a fucking joke

why do white people hate everything about themselves?

its okay guys, we forgive you for being white can you stop now. its gettin weird

Are you assuming xeir race?

You're trying to stir up shit up but if you actually read him right he's not wrong.
AA who can switch between AAE and regular english are, in a certain way, more "linguistically sophisticated"
He never said AAE was more sophisticated as a dialect (it's not)

Also prescriptivism > descriptivism

But that is not what he is saying, is he? He is just pointing out the differences between AAE and GAE (or whatever). Though I would contend that only very privileged (ie., less than 1%) don't have to do any 'code switching', and even then most will (eg. when talking to their parents as opposed to their friends). And setting all that aside, this is a very curious privilege to have, since tribes living in dense rain forests have it too. I would almost argue it to be a disability, since having to think about what you say (ie. consider whether you have to code switch) promotes linguistic development.

>red dude instantly making the connection between lack of aesthetic value and immorality

P A T R I C I A N

Am i also linguistically sophisticated because i dont call people faggots and niggers in real life but i do when shitposting on Veeky Forums?

Prescriptivism is objectively wrong. That's literally not how language works. This guy is describing it terribly, though.

This thread is supposed to be about black inferiority, bluepilled idiots

I'm a prescriptivist. I understand that some level of graduation is necessary, when we consider technology and science, for instance, but the notion of permitting 'he be writing' is patently absurd.

I would be all for bring back the 2P of Thou and its conjugation of -(e)st. Heck, I love cases; I would be happy to revive the previous 4 cases English, instead of our current accusative limited to pronouns and 'whom'.

>believing that Latin grammar is English grammar

Prescriptivists never fail to crack me up. Which is not the same thing as saying, they never fail to up-crack me.

Or, to rephrase in a way that prescriptivists might tolerate:

Prescriptivists never me to-crack-up are-deficient, which not is never me upwards to-crack are-deficient.

Blacky speech is made to sound dumb, as being academic.in any way is seen as "acting white."

Its not wrong, its just dumb. We wuz scholahz n shiet

Or I suppose a more precise translation into lingua perscriptivista would be, Perscriptivists never me to-crack-up are-deficient, which not is to-say them never me upwards to-crack to-be-deficient.

That's why I operate on Orwell's premise of break any rules before writing something barbaric.

Ultimately, I would say that the platitude of 'crack me up' would be replaced with something less cliche or metaphorically lost.

Yeah I remember when I was reading The Bluest Eye's by Toni Morrison and every character including the narrator was speaking in ebonics.

Except that didn't happen because she is actually a professional writer.

Orwell's premise is pretty good, but I suppose that I prefer my own, which is to break any rules that make your ("one's", if you prefer) speech uglier, and especially those whose breaking will trouble the hemorrhoids of petty academics.And I have always found "to crack (oneself) up" to be an attractive phrase, though it is a cliche. I suppose you might use instead the now-disused variant, "to break (oneself) up."

The last line isn't necessarily true; linguists don't use prescriptivism because their job is to observe, not that they think it's objectively wrong to do. Prescriptivism is useful for better comprehension. It'd be a nightmare if people ignored defined rules in business, health, government, military, et cetera, don't you think?

Nah, our system of ethics should only be modeled on the observation on how people behave day-to-day rather than any form of concrete immutable laws.

They are. Rap has animated English in the last 10 years alone more than anything Anglo-Saxons have done in the last 100.