KSP thread

Does Veeky Forums calculate the delta-V of thier rockets by hand or do they get a mod to do it?

>Getting a mod to do it
>Being that much of a brainlet

Videogame threads don't belong in Veeky Forums. Take them to /v/ or Veeky Forums instead.

Mod. I can't imagine calculating it every time you make a modification. Imagine doing it to an asparagus type.

If you don't play with RP-0 and principia you are a pleb, by the way.

videogames do not belong on Veeky Forums

mods
I assume the calculations are doable, but you'd need to take stages off your rocket as you calculate.
you'd also have to account for changing efficiencies in atmosphere, which would mean you'd need to know where you lose each stage in atmosphere

>not using the upper attachment node on the heat shield to get rid of the ugly fairing

> He is not creating his own mod to learn how it works.

> he doesn't create his own simulator that does realtime CFD, heat, and mass transfer(for heat shield ablation) that runs on a supercomputer
>his simulator isn't used by NASA
>> instead he choses to play a videogame made by mexican scam artists

kerbal engineer except if you install RO or RP-0

mod

it's already an incredibly unrealistic simulation. i gain nothing but bad habits if i get into doing it by hand

install faram aerospace and realism overhaul with rss and its pretty realistic, but I would go with orbiter 2016 otherwise.

Fuck off back to or

The fact you singled out /egg/ tells me you already know what's up. A smugger response would have been /trash/.

I just eyeball it

I just wing it.

>those rockets at the back
african engineering at its finest

of course I use kerbal engineer
>tfw transfers to dres are always shit bc I can't do the inclination change right

>even needing to calculate delta V to know if you have enough to accomplish your mission

Non-brainlets 'know' how much delta V they have just like a person 'knows' where a ball will be in the next few seconds in order to catch it.

calculating dV is fine, the real sin is automated gravity turns