The Illuminatus! Trilogy readalong - Day 1 (February 15th)

>Veeky Forums read-through of The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson

This is the bi-daily thread for those of us who are reading The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Shea and R. A. Wilson. The reading schedule is below. Every reader is allowed two days to finish each chapter, plus after every chapter that is fifty pages or longer there will be a two day break. There will be a new thread every other day, made by OP.
You can join us and catch up at any time. There will be a brief summary included in the OP of every just-completed chapter's events and key themes and ideas.
OP hopes you enjoy the book, get something out of it, and hopefully don't get too lost within its contents.

>a .pdf is inlcuded here: integralbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Wilson-Robert-Anton-Illuminatus-Trilogy.pdf

ch.1 50pgs (feb. 15-16)
ch.2 33pgs (feb. 17-18)
ch.3 47pgs (feb. 19-20)
ch.4 78pgs (feb. 21-22)
rest 2 days (feb. 23-24)
ch.5 88pgs (feb. 25-26)
rest 2 days (feb. 27-28)
ch.6 80pgs (mar. 1-2)
rest 2 days (mar. 3-4)
ch.7 89pgs (mar. 5-6)
rest 2 days (mar. 7-8)
ch.8 89pgs (mar. 9-10)
rest 2 days (mar. 11-12)
ch.9 46pgs (mar. 13-14)
ch.10 78pgs (mar. 15-16)
rest 2 days (mar. 17-18)
appcs 73pgs (mar. 19-20)
fin. (mar. 20)

hey cool this is a fun book i wish you all welll i read this like 3 yrs ago it was good

good luck

this book fucking sucks!
'
honestly, what a garbage book. to think people waste their time reading this pile of shit instead of gravity's rainbow really grinds my gears

Bump + well wishes

bumpity

bumperoony-doo

>This is the bi-daily thread for those of us who are reading The Illuminatus! Trilogy

When was this announced or have you just announced it now and expect anons to grab the book asap

RAW's writing reminds me of when i was 16 and would write these sentimental-but-trying-to-have-elements-of-cynicism proses.
he's a new-age intellectual, a post-modern shaman. he tries to convey bullshit ideas in the most intellectual forcibly lackadaisical way possible almost as if to say "hey i know it's crazy but i don't sound serious so take it seriously but don't because you know i don't believe in anything and neither should you but here's something you sh- could believe in" and it's pretty fucking annoying.

there's a pdf of the entire thing in the OP you dumbass

>there's a pdf of the entire thing in the OP you dumbass
>pdf

reading a pdf

Not OP or anything, but if you want you can get it an epub on the pirate bay.

>reading

bump

Sounds good. I have been putting this off for a while.

Glad you're joining us.

So, can I get an idea of how many people are going to do this?

me me

>I nearly wet myself in laughter at your plebbery. Unless this is a readalong bait thread? We should be friends irl if this is a readalong bait thread.

Me for real

They get points for mentioning Stirner in it

Just fyi op. Bidaily does not mean every other day it means twice daily. Like 2 threads a day.

I'll probably start by tonight.