Do you think the nazi medical experiments data should be used today

Do you think the nazi medical experiments data should be used today
If no or yes explain pls. Im leaning towards yes, with the logic being that maybe we can atleast save some lives out of the horrible deaths.
What do you guys think

Yes.

Wasteful to just throw away medical knowledge.

bad thread, at least read the wiki articles about it before posting

>allied swooped in on the research data
>pardoned some horrible people in exchange for scientific discoveries
>some of it was applicable (like G-force testing on human subject) to the Apollo program
>other stuff, like the freezing-to-death-data, wasn't scientifically conducted enough to hold a lot of value

also what do you mean about the data "should be used today"? we have the data and we now know what types of G-forces kills a man, for example. there's not much to use or not use, it's just there

Id be interested to see how Veeky Forums or /pol/ would respond to the same question

Was it even conserved?

I know most of their work in physics and engineering was stolen by the Americans and Russians.

Oh i wasnt aware, i shouldve researched more i guess i got caught up in my interest of the topic. My bad

No probs mate, check out "Operation Paperclip".
Also suggest you check out Werner von Braun. He was the scientist that made the V2 rockets for Germany; the Americans caught him after the war and put him in charge of the Apollo program.

Was there any form of ethics board that decided how the information was used. I assume if the data was legitimate and useful it couldve been used

Am I supposed to assume the Nazis were the bad guys? Legitimate question.

>nazi medical experiments
Fucking pleb
Read up on Unit 731

Is that the Jap shit that they did to their own people?

it wasn't their own people, mostly Chinese but some Russians too. Some of the scientists were pardoned after the war but the Russians tracked down and killed some of them. Others got away free, though.

The winning side are always the good guys.

If the Germans had won, they'd be the good guys.

And who knows, that might've been better for science....

>biggest names in physics and math past 100 years have been Akhenazi jews
>Nazi Germany forced out Einstein, von Neuman etc etc
>conducted tons of pseudoscience
>laughable attempts of "racial science" that was completely conducted from a political viewpoint rather than biological
>>>good for science

Hitler was a meme. Germany's military resurgence was inevitable and he only stunted their progress.

Post this there and share the results please.

The experiments gave no useful knowledge that couldn't have been simply recorded from natural cases or done with animal testing. It was pointless torture and gave us almost nothing even when done.

The nazis never invented anything. Go back to /pol/

It's horrible and inhumane, but it already happened. So yes.

An attempt to keep the soviet from advancing you dolt.

Anything you believe the nazis invented had already existed. Jets? Whittle engine. Rockets? Van Braun admitted throughout his life his work was completely based on Goddards.

Many technologies existed in the interwar period, but after WWI there was a ban on developing new technology for war, which is why none of this stuff made to use until, surprise, someone decided not to follow the ban.

>An attempt to keep the soviet from advancing you dolt.
So, the Americans take German scientists so the soviets don't get them?

That sounds like the German scientists were a valuable resource...

Not to us, but really valuable to them. Paperclip was a jab the soviets. Remember that this was before any of Stalin's infrastructure stuff, so the US was really hoping to keep them back.

No because they used garbage data collection techniques and experimental design. The data they produced is worthless.

Had it been useful, there would only be a problem using it in that it would be completely unethical to attempt to repeat the experiments, making it bad science.

Yes. They don't show the results, because that would debunk the stories that mengele was doing the craziest most inhumane shit to jews.

this, including japs slaughting chinks

It's already been used (by CIA, KGB & MI6)

>Do you think the nazi medical experiments data should be used today
Yes. But please don't masturbate on them.

Any research that harms humans, animals, or nature in any way is worthless and must be rejected by the scientific community.

We have no right to destroy anything just to satisfy our curiosity.

This is not how intelligent creatures should act.

>other stuff, like the freezing-to-death-data, wasn't scientifically conducted enough to hold a lot of value
Cite?

These tables are used here whenever a ship has gone down to see for how long there is any use in searching. I know there have been repeated calls to destroy these tables but these have saved a lot of my countrymen.

The tables were apparently used to find out the surviveability of German pilots lost at sea.

Since it has already been collected, it'd be pointless to waste the only contribution of these people. Improving something in a field would give their death a purpose, even though it's not really like that and not much useful stuff was obtained afaik.