Where is the /SWTG/ Start With The Greeks reading group?

Where is the /SWTG/ Start With The Greeks reading group?

Bump

Can someone post the schedule and links so that I can read it on my own time?

They ascended into the ether.

Veeky Forums can't read 30 pages a day

Who BOOK 12 here?

no need

19 here

/SWTG/ group come back please.

Where's the SFF reading group?

I have a question. Both Socrates and Aristotle mentioned that oarsmen are best suited to be oarsmen and a pilot is suited to be a pilot. In those times oarsmen were without rights of citizenship because their numbers were so great and the rulers feared their populist power, but they (the oarsmen) were literally the engines of military and economic powers of the time. How is it that one is suited to be the engine while others of all prosperity while others are not, but still share nothing of the powers and rewards of the state? And is this not a continuing idiosyncracy within Western thought?

where can I buy all the books on this list?

Not enough people posting in the last thread so it got pruned. Maybe Veeky Forums isn't a good medium for this.

One thing I was wondering about, in the proposed fight between Menelaos and Paris as champions of each side, winner takes Helen, the terms were that the members of each side would abjure their oath of friendship and kinship towards the person who lost. A lot of Greek noblemen were bound by the contract of the suitors of Helen, but what did that mean for the common Greeks and for the Trojans? Did the Greeks and Anatolians have some kind of ritual obligation to punish people who killed their kin unless they paid weregild or went to a sanctuary city or whatever the heck, which they had to specially discharge before the fight?

Another thing, the Trojans are depicted as worshipping the Greek gods and I think a Lycian dude said he was a son of Zeus. Was this just interpretatio graeca or did other cultures (besides Rome I guess) adopt Greek religion?

Start With The Greeks reading group should come back.

OP of the /SWTG/, I remember the last time you posted you mentioned about reading Sophocles… I'll have you know that I'm on Iliad, book 9 as per your schedule and hope to see you soon with new schedule for Odyssey. Thank you.

fuck this reading group join the looking for Alaska group

I was following along the threads, but then my internet cut out last week, I only just got it back today. And the version of the Iliad I had downloaded was dry, so I was going to read another translation, but I couldn't because no internet.

Up your ass

start with the green

Fuck you so much
Fuck off retard

Fuck you hard, up the butt.

Your mothers are whores, shitbag.

I was really hyped to take part but I got snowed under with other commitments (school and social).

Maybe summers and winters are more appropriate times for this kind of thing

I was a retard and started the odyssey before I saw /swtg/ and haven't evenread the iliad yet so I would be open to restarting the group and getting on the right track

Its February, those newfaggots are entirely scattered.