Why do you brainlets hate comp sci?

Most people here can probably speed code a transpiler in under 10 minutes. I hate compsci because it's filled to the brim with brainlets like you, who get into it because they want to feel cool or make gaymes. All the important programming is done by the rest of STEM.

You faggots don't even know how your tools work. Watching a compsci fag, who doesn't even know what a pointer is, spam create a bunch of fucking Java files for every single 'object' he creates, is like watching a man who claims to be a mathematician stumble his way through drawing a bunch of shitty circles with a compass, then calling it "science".

You don't know my intentions, or what you are talking about.

Because your entire field revolves around how to better sell internet ads.

Come back when you can write some neato HPC numerical codes.

Nice counter argument.

>Ada Lovelace
Why do YOU hate comp sci?

lmao you're talking about me.

sorry guy, I also use a macbook pro, jealous?

Are you frustrated because a valid field was founded by a woman and a faggot?

Have you ever heard of Cryptology, or Complexity Theory, or Natural Language Processing, or AI in general?

>Ada Lovelace
>Founding computer science
Nope. That faggot Turing was legit though.
>All but one of the programs cited in her notes had been prepared by Babbage from three to seven years earlier. The exception was prepared by Babbage for her, although she did detect a 'bug' in it. Not only is there no evidence that Ada ever prepared a program for the Analytical Engine, but her correspondence with Babbage shows that she did not have the knowledge to do so
Bromley, Allan G. (1990). "Difference and Analytical Engines". In Aspray, William. Computing Before Computers. Ames: Iowa State University Press. pp. 59–98. ISBN 0-8138-0047-1. p. 89

>tfw programmer
>job is literally googling other people's code and copy paste

Computer Science != Programming

>Cryptology
I know you mean *cryptography*, AKA how to encrypt ad traffic on the internet.
>Complexity Theory
How to efficiently mine user data to sell ads on the internet.
>Natural Language Processing
How to spy on users to sell them ads on the internet.
>AI in general
How to predict what kinds of ads to sell to people on the internet.

If you go to any major software company, this is literally what you will be doing.

That's not true, I tried copying and pasting some code into Microsoft Word just now and nothing happened.

I don't understand why people say Lovelace is the first programmer. Are they saying Babbage didn't understand his own machine?

In Babbage's time everyone would've understood his writings of praise about Ada were the equivalent of calling your 3 year old child a genius because they figured out how to stack blocks. In modern times some liberals mistakenly assumed Babbage was being serious and treating her as an equal and took his writings of praise as evidence Ada invented computer programming.

In the UK it doesn't exist, or rather it means
>Learn to code like Karlie B.Sc. (honours)

She has the legit cucksucker face

I imagine that when he wrote "cryptology", he meant cryptology, which is a field that is broader than just cryptography.

What unis are you looking at man? Comp Sci is literally available at every Russel group. Do accept that most of the courses are heavy on programming rather than theory though.

i second the fact that this guy has no idea what he's talking about

stop posting pics of my waifu

Cryptopology expert here. AMA

What distinguishes it from cryptography?

Because the major is overwhelmingly filled with brainlets.
t. CS Major.

got any book recommendations?