Hard Work = Good Grades

Is this shit a meme?

nice catto.

No, but it's not the whole story either. You could be the hardest most wetback slave worker and still fail because you don't know what's going on. In other words, you have to work to understand and develop ideas in your own way.

It depends. If you write a bad program and have it loop one million times, it won't get better results than a bad program that only looped ten times, meaning the amount of work performed isn't the only factor in your return on investment.

as long as you aren't clinically retarded

So it depends on how I study?

It depends in part on your starting aptitude. It's possible to have a shit aptitude for learning and even if you do everything you're told and spend hours studying you'll still fail because you aren't smart. Alternatively it's possible to have a high enough aptitude to where you can blow off the things you're told to do and still do well enough to pass.

I can do the latter. But I won't get As.

Bump

Hard work is obviously important but learning how to learn really is key. Mathematical aptitude requires thought. I'll repeat that. Mathematical aptitude requires thought. What is it to think? To think is not the same as just blindly doing lots of exercises. To think means you actively wonder about how something works. Do you really understand what is happening when you do long division, for example? Do you really understand what is happening when you add the exponents when multiplying like variables? Do you actually understand anything about why math works? This contextual information is fundamentally different than merely knowing the "how." One can know "how" to take the derivative of a curve, and still have absolutely no idea what it means or why it worked. To understand such things requires "thought," and a lot of people miss that point entirely.

Basically, you're saying blindly pluging and chuging doesn't end well.

That's right. It may be enough to get someone through high school but it absolutely does not constitute a true mathematical understanding.

you gotta be smart and work hard to get excellent grades in most situations, though the grading system put in place in the American educational industry is skewed to hard work being more important.

Yeah. I put in a lot of hard work in my summer class only to make a fucking C.

A FUCKING C

Is that better than an F?

Yes and no. In an ideal world, yes. In reality, possibly no. For instance, my high school English teacher was a SJW, and once gave me a bad grade on an essay where I argued against affirmative action.

If you attend a non tier 1 university, then it's true.
Fact is, to graduate, you need to get work done, and on time. I don't know what constitutes as hard work, but you have to get work done to graduate.

Being smart - good grades

yeah until you transcend what is possible to visualize (the big thing being any multi d space >3/4) and then it comes right back around to brute force, the current luminaries in math and physics arent somehow able to visualize the quantum world better than anyone else for example

>Hard Work = Good Grades
Literally not how it works.
If you go down that route prepare for hell since there is so much things to know and so little time.

previous knowledge * study method * good physical condition * state of mind * hard work * willpower * mental condition * emotional condition * No. of Jimmy Neutron Brain Blasts™ per hour * quality of materials * quality of instruction = good grades

>no of jimmy neutron brain blasts per hour
Do people really do this?

>he goes at less than 4JNbb/h

There are ways of understanding things other than through visuospatial visualization, you know. For instance, people without synesthesia and blind people can still imagine music without any visual faculties being involved.

Yes almost every successful academic does does it. C'mon I'll show you how, it's easy.

>1. Find a nice quiet spot in the Library (for maximum concentration and passive information)
>2. Start working on whatever it is that needs doing
>3. Tell yourself think like "c'mon Jimmy you need to figure this out fast or you'll be stuck like this forever", make sure to really blow it out of proportion
>4. Take short rapid breaths for maximum neural stimulation
>5. You should now feel your mind racing
>6. Every now and again you should feel something like the answer come into mind
>7. Even if the thought isn't fully formulated yet it is important to loudly exclaim "BRAIN BLAST! Of course, why didn't I think of that sooner" that way you will condition yourself to intuitively know when you're about to blast
>BONUS: everyone in the library now knows you are an active 200+ IQ thinker not some weak quietfag who can't use his mind to its full potential.

>BONUS: everyone in the library now knows you are an active 200+ IQ thinker not some weak quietfag who can't use his mind to its full potential.
So this is how Chad uses his study time.

>his studies don't require him to peer into the eternal abyss, longing for escape, yet forever trapped by the inability to move backwards, causing a slow yet stead movement, motivated by an unrelenting quest for knowledge not yet realized, forward, deeper and deeper into a realm seemingly void of all that which one seeks, only to be met at last with the brilliant, radiant blast of knowledge, long awaited, that leads him to yet another abyss
Casual. Need help with those integrals?

You fucking dumb shit. Studying is like lifting bro, you may at some point stop seeing results, but you still have to go to the gym, just like how you still have to hit the books, you getting out of that plateau puts you ahead of everyone that's what makes you a champ.

Except breaking a plateau in the gym after many years just means hopping on the roid train

Inject roids directly into your brain.

hard work = better grades