Em

How are these dots the atoms? If the electrons are composing the image

Other urls found in this thread:

cracked.com/blog/6-microscopic-images-that-will-blow-your-mind/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its the atomic forces that repel the electron you are seeing

...or somethin

I mean... If the electron microscope and if those are atoms. Isn't the ratio of atoms and electrons.. I mean, if those are atoms and that is an electron microscope, wouldn't the atoms be overlapping? I mean... If the electrons are on the orange bits wouldn't that mean the orange bits are in atoms?

Idk probably like the shadow of the atom or something maybe

Nobody knows

im thinking you to death so hard right now

The electron microscope is riding the edge of the electron shell that makes up the material. An electron is a point particle, but it exists in a quantum superposition around the atom.

Electrons are apart of atoms. You are seeing the electron shells around the nucleus. Van der waal forces.

If you try and feel the image, the atomic forces in your hand prevent you from coming in physical contact with it. What you may feel as touch are really just atomic forces repelling your hand away. If it's literally impossible to touch the electrons composing the image, then how do we know what it REALLY feels like?

why doesnt the shell cover the top

The way a scanning tunneling microscope works is by measuring the voltage created between the tip of its scanner (a really thin, sharp electrode) and the atoms. Electrons 'tunnel' from the atoms through the medium (usually air or a vacuum) to the tip of the microscope, which processes the information and creates a topological map. (If that doesn't make sense, look up quantum tunneling). The orange gradient in this image represents the electron cloud, which, as other people have stated in this thread, is comprised of point particles which at the same time exist as probabilities because of the electron's wave-particle duality

Yeah so it's not an electron shell and depending on your interpretation of black hole there's a singularity in it. Not an atom.

In electron microscopy you see contrast between things electrons bounce off (atoms) and things they don't bounce off (gaps).

Those electrons would be inside atoms not bouncing off atoms.

According to this picture, there lying about the molecule too:

It's all woo-woo bullshit.

I think that is a crystal, not a single atom

Science in general

It's in my head

He who died proved, and he who died unintentionally and unrecognised satisfying you

Current is proportional to the probability of quantum tunneling. Atoms are sites with high probability of containing an electron. Therefore, near atoms are sites with high probability of quantum tunneling.

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!

It's not a fucking electron microscope image.

But do you mean it?

How so?

cracked.com/blog/6-microscopic-images-that-will-blow-your-mind/
"We're now so good at seeing molecules that we can make them look like the stick-and-ball models from chemistry class."

And check out this dodgy dog

And this dodgy dog

And the dodgiest dog of them all

I hate this idiot journalist.
>Check out my stamp collection
>*slurps and gurgles from Dawkins cock pumping his throat*
> it's the secret to life.
>DNA implies life
>therefore life implies DNA
>Checkmate christcucks the science is in, DNA is the secert for life.

>the mechanisms allowing for the signification and interpretation of meaning in living systems?
>what does that mean even?
>Ur just what ur DNA wants to!
>the science is settled and I have the pictures to prove it
>see? look at the DNA do.