If you aren't good at chess, are you a brainlet?

If you aren't good at chess, are you a brainlet?

Chess is pretty much just logic and pattern recognition like an IQ test. So yes.

No, Go is the far superior strategy game

No, Shogi is the superior strategy game.

No, DotA 2 is the superior strategy game.

Not really. Any intelligent person who knows the rules of chess can play a decent enough games and make decisions based on looking two or three moves ahead, but to truly improve your game you should learn traditional strategies and the evolution of the chess metagame.

It's like taking the SAT. Any intelligent person can do well, but only if you study specifically what kind of tricks and nuances come with the test can you make very high marks.

Given that chess is solved only a brainlet would be bad at it. But spending time learning the techniques is even more stupid so I recommend you just take an IQ test to see if you are good at it and then move on.

No, because if you aren't good at chess you likely spent more time doing actually meaningful things in life.

Being good at chess usually requires two things;

1. Good memory: In order to memorize opening theory, typical end games and tactical patterns.
2. Ability to visualize things quickly and precisely in your mind: In order to calculate different variations.

You can compensate the lack of 1 with superior 2. Take Paul Morphy as an example, who never memorized anything.

I'm bad at chess but am not good at anything else, now what?

if you are under paragon 1000 in diablo 3 you are a brainlett

Im not that good. I can only spot one or two openings. However, I can beat any normie and the people in my family.

When I find someone who was in a chess club for years, I get rekt more times then not.

>Although the link between performance in chess and general intelligence is often assumed, researchers have largely failed to confirm its existence.

No, 4D Chess is the superior strategy game.

People who use constantly the word brainlet are fucking idiots.

>mfw i see brainlet apologists on MY board

you're good at being mediocre

BRILLIANT frogposter

Yes.

No, there areany cases of chess savants who do poorly in any other susbject and there is no correlation between mathematical ability and chess.

Veeky Forums - Science & Math

Chess is a two-player strategy board game played on a chessboard, a checkered gameboard with 64 squares arranged in an 8×8 grid.

He didn't say that every chess player isn't a brainlet, he said that if you aren't a brainlet then you are naturally good at chess. And to be honest there aren't many chess savants who lack General intelligence, they are exceptionally rare. Maybe you are thinking of chess savants who can't cook or dance like you do when you say other areas, which are specific areas, not general. I bet there are many chess geniuses who can't ace a Babylon History test.

>chess is solved
Obvious phenotypelet

>If you aren't good at chess, are you a brainlet?
No. Any idiot can play chess for 2 years and study the game to reach a 2000+ rating. Being intelligent allows you to become better at chess (or anything for that matter) at a faster pace, but being good at chess does not mean you're intelligent and being bad does not mean you're dumb

You are a brainlet if you waste your time on chess.