My girlfriend thinks the earth is flat

I'm not exactly sure what to do here Veeky Forums my girlfriend of almost 5 years believes the earth is flat. now, this has been going on for awhile, and sometimes ill chime in to try and correct it, but she responds how people usually do that believe in things like this (the typical denial of facts, no evidence to contribute to their belief whatsoever, flailing and screaming, breaking things) so ill just drop it and leave it. But today it's gotten to a point where it's just so out of hand. I saw her post some flat earth meme on facebook, and somebody commented telling her the information was wrong, and tried to correct this behavior, and she essentially told the man "I hear what you're saying, but im still right" I mean he took her whole model and shattered it and all she could say was "i know what i know" pretty much. It just pushed me over the edge. So all day i've been telling her every single piece of evidence I can think of to demonstrate the earth is not flat. I've broken down every single argument she tries to throw at me (which there aren't really, she just claims that she knows these "facts" and theres all this "proof" but wont show me any. the second she tries to show me any kind of evidence that she thinks is "proof of the flat earth" i will dismantle it and show her exactly why its wrong and why it doesn't work. I mean like guys, I've covered gravity, the constellations, the horizon. Like the only more proof she could get would be for someone to fire her dumbass in a rocket out to space so she can see the earth. So at this point, i'm confused as to whether i'm actually trying to convince my girlfriend the earth is a sphere, or if by this point she now knows it couldn't and just wants to be right so she's doing the ostrich effect? I mean, guys, I don't hang out with people that smoke crack, I can't spend my life with someone that can't do elementary experiments to see that the earth is round. I'm at a loss. Anything helps.

Shitty baito is shitty

Flat Earth threads are cancerous, even if you try and sneak them in the back door.

Google "flat Earth debunked" if you seriously don't know how to demonstrate the Earth is flat.

Still, cancerous thread, saged for chemo.

its not bate, im genuinely asking for help. I've been trying to show how the earth is not flat, read my post. What im asking, is maybe there is someone that is 22 years old who tried to master in psychology, that might be able to scientifically break it down to an absolute core shattering shit. Like some Neil Tyson ELI5 shit. I've already been through pleb youtube and google shit. I didn't even have to use google to come up with most of the methods I found on there.

NOT 22 years old* sorry

>I can't spend my life with someone that can't do elementary experiments to see that the earth is round. I'm at a loss.
Considered getting a new GF?

why leave someone I love and that loves me when I can just show them the error in their ways?

There are some people dude that no matter what you, you cannot shatter whatever reality they live in. Some people would rather die than look at facts.

there's gotta be something though, like maybe she just needs some DMT or like a couple LSD trips? I understand that it's near impossible to convince someone they're wrong, but there has to be ways to get people to convince themselves they are wrong

I appreciate the replies but in all honesty this feels like /adv/ surely someone here, as atleast some level of knowledge of astrophysics and the like, and can do a better job than me and google articles at demonstrating the curvature of the earth

Why love a flat earther? You aren't going to ever get her to change her brand of stupid.

At this point, even if she does come to realize she was wrong, she will never admit it. She will be way too embarrassed and/or prideful. If she ever does change, it will be solely on her own cause she won't let someone else tell her what's up(or in this case round).

The problem is that she is immune to reason.

The masts of a ship disappear as it passes the horison - > Earth is round.
The shadow of Earth on occluding the Moon is round -> Earth is round
Time zones -> Earth is round
Eratosthenes' determination of the size of the Earth *2000* years ago for goodness sake -> Earth is round
Pictures of Earth from great altitude where you see the curvature of the Earth -> Earth is round
Pictures of Earth from the Moon -> Earth is round

We have 2000 years worth of evidence. She cannot see this because she "knows". Thus -> Earth is round and there is no hope.

>when I can just show them the error in their ways
Apparently, you cannot.
Just as we cannot show you the error in yours.

But if marry her thinking she will eventually change, you will be doomed to a life of misery. I promise you that. The denial of such a thing is a symptom of other issues.

>2017
>still believing that there exists even a single person who unironically thinks the earth is flat

Once the flat earth meme dies your gf will learn better and drop the idea

It's your move as to how to go forward with your gf, from the sounds of it, you either have to accept that she is just going to believe stuff like this or leave her and try to find someone whose thoughts don't infuriate you

Believing the earth is flat isn't due to rational, logical thought; it's based off feeling. You can't argue logic against feeling, get to the bottom why she emotionally needs the earth to be flat, address that then take it from there.

How about this theory, one I've landed on by being the the autist in the group that always explains why things are this way and not that way. I'm going to assume like me, you are probably as some people say, "too logical"

What is actually going on, is the fact that she knows she can get you riled up when stating something illogical. My family does this to me, girlfriends have done this to me. Why? Because people like to fuck with other people and if they know they can get a reaction out of you, they will do it.

Your desire to correct illogical behavior actually ends up making some people want to say illogical shit, Because, like OP has admitted, you will spend hour upon hour of your life correcting this illogical behavior.

Eventually, maybe, you will learn the problem is with you, like I have over time. I don't even try to correct people saying dumb shit anymore and I feel ten times better.

Tell her everybody's wrong. The Earth is an oblate spheroid within a torus shaped hypersphere.

Newsflash OP. Women are retarded and you cannot reason with them. You either accept this or turn fag.

Mentioning Neil Tyson here is not a smart move.

raep

I have two separate mates that 100% unironically believe the earth is flat.

I never bother engaging or correcting them. Basically because of what

said.

i'm sorry mate i dont think you can change what she believe. its like talking to a religious nutjob and trying to explain that god is not real.. it cant be done

ah never thought of it like that, thats interesting

Remember, OP: children tend to inherit their mother's intelligence.
>why leave someone I love and that loves me when I can just show them the error in their ways?
Has she always been this stupid? How could you fall in love with someone so unbelievably resistant to reason?