Collatz

I've done some pretty interesting work on the collatz conjecture, and i think i might even be able to solve it, and im just wondering where i should submit it, as i dont have a Ph.D in maths.

The work is somewhat interdisciplinary (lots of computational logic and even some stuff that'd probably fall within the comp ling area), so i dont know which regular maths journals would accept or even understand the work, it is somewhat lengthy as well (no IUT but it'd still take sometime).

Other urls found in this thread:

quantamagazine.org/computer-scientists-solve-kadison-singer-problem-20151124/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post it here first so we can check it for errors.
You wouldn't want to publish a flawed proof, after all.

Can you just reply to my question, im not actually retarded, i just havent done any research in a long time, and when i did i didnt do maths.

>collatz conjecture
No one cares

>I've done some pretty interesting work on the collatz conjecture
Show me your Python script.

Anywhere but here, contact your local university, ask about for an interview and information about publishing. Don't tell what you're publishing, just tell them that you're planning on switching to the field when you're not. Get information inside out and then publish what you have under your own name, fuck everyone else.

Arxiv, if you can't even get it accepted there you're just deluding yourself.

Not that guy, but would you like to see my Matlab script from last semester

As the other user said, send it to Arxiv right now.
Later you worry about publishing on a journal.

And for some inspiration - quantamagazine.org/computer-scientists-solve-kadison-singer-problem-20151124/

Good luck.

but isn't publishing in arxiv a death sentence without citations?

Yes.

What do you mean?

y-you didnt cite anyone in your paper?

They come after you and kill your dog.

Hand me the .PDF and I'll make sure it gets published on arxiv.org my god sir.

>god
*good

Your "proof" has no citations?
Man, you are not getting published.
To be honest you almost surely have flaws in your "proof".

Just post the PDF here and be done with it.

If you publish it on Github with a copyright, you at least don't have to worry about people stealing it.

R8 mine pls
[code]
def c(x):
if x%2: c(x*3+1) # Odd numbers.
elif x&x-1: c(x//2) # Even but not a power of two.
else: print("confirm")
[/code]

Just make a blog post or whatever something that has the date attached, why are people always so secretive about this stuff?

Hi declan

You mean so you can steal it, you filthy nigger?

If you actually think someone will steal your idea you are retarded. There's 100% chance that your proof is incorrect and you would be super duper lucky if someone here takes the time to point out one of the many flaws in your paper.

Get a trusted prof. to publish it for you if you really think it holds value, I can't stress "TRUSTED" enough. You wouldn't want him to just steal your idea.

This. We have people like you here every day, OP.

Sorry, I already proved it. Better luck next time!

bump