Which general physics textbook should i buy? and why?

Which general physics textbook should i buy? and why?

get a basic high school physics and then learn calculus to do K&K & Purcell

i already know calculus (at least differential and integral)

lean vector and multivariable calculus you brainlet

learn*

but i'm taking mechanics at the moment (just started) and i need to choose one of those before starting to learn vector and multivariable

Serway-Jewett is just fine as a very general reference, maybe a bit better than Tipler's.

None of them require high math knowledge aside for basic calculus.

man up and buy the feynman lectures

but i heard that the Feynman Lectures doesn't have exercises, is that true?

Serway. Hands down.

Absolutely University physics. Got the first and second volume of the 11th edition about 5 years ago for 8 dollars. Found the solution's manual online.

Read it and do every problem. Should take abut a week per chapter if you're autistic, 2 weeks if you're a brainlet.

Learned enough where I could get a job tutoring physics at my uni.

That one is actually excellent. It has everything from basic mechanics to relativity and quantum physics.

>buy
OP find pdfs like everyone else

General physics is trash. Buy independent books instead. But Resnick is OK i guess.

Sears Zemansky is an excellent book. It uses excellent wording to get around that the typical reader doesn't know advanced math and it manages to teach physics in spite of that.

I was sceptical when my father gave it to my in my 1st uni year, but it's fantastic. I highly recommend it.

If you're going to learn classical mechanics, try to find a copy of Taylor's book.

Literally the shitties choice you could make. Those are good only when you actually understand what is that wacko talking about

Get an old edition of Young and Freedman. It (and H&R) is what most upper tier schools use for their none honors courses. Serway is more common in lower tier schools.

yes, also don't buy it, they are great to read for fun, not for serious study

the one with the toughest questions srsly

Got the one on the right but in brainlet major so it's ok