OMG ITS A ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME EVENT YOU CAN'T MISS IT!

Are all the people saying that full of shit? Is it really THAT special?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_April_8,_2024

I have fond memories of making pin hole viewer as a kid to "watch" an eclipse. People do seem to be going ape shit over glasses, schools are shutting all kids in and other stupid shit this time. Thanks internet.

Me too. Dad and I outlined the crescents at different times. Good times.

Binoculars work better for projection than a pinhole though.

Is that after sunset or what?

That's another total eclipse set for 2024

what does UT mean?

I looked through 2 cds stacked to watch a couple in the 1990s.

wat
how does that even work?
i can't see outline of the sun unless its directly over a shiny reflective part of the label side

The eclipse is the day of the first day of the new semester for my school. My math class is canceled and my biology professor is canceling class and taking us all to the roof to look at the eclipse instead, and our school is providing glasses.

I'm in the area that will be in the path of totality for both eclipses.
Suck it, fags.

2024 hits less states.

What exactly is the relevance of the eclipse IDE on april the 8th? Is it getting an update? Personally I just use VIM.

>tfw in sydney straya
we never get the cool shit

I saw one as a child, it was pretty cool. I hope i'll be able to see one again, but sadly the next one isn't due untill 2060 if i recall.

I don't get it
Just because it's rare doesn't make it interesting
It's a large rock between us and the sun, that's it

meh It was the same here in 1999 and that was basically pre-internet time. it's just modern society.

Universal Time -- Greenwich Time, basically.

>solar eclipse
>after sunset

iktf
>tfw the last eclipse here occurred more than 10 years ago
>tfw I missed it
>tfw the next one only comes after 50 years

what's the point if you aren't in the path of totality?

>vim
good taste, user

Nobody is saying its once in a lifetime but 7 years from now is a good chunk of time.

Just keep playing your video games lad they're bound to relieve you of your depression one day

You don't understand how astronomy works. This is a double event, which is common for eclipses and transits, we get two relatively close together then nothing again for decades.

To understand the importance of this eclipse take a look at the last time we had a full solar eclipse in the US, 1978. The last time we had a coast to coast solar eclipse was 1919. If you don't understand the importance of this event you are an anti astronomy fag

All the people saying that are probably trying to sell you something.

I personally haven't heard anyone say once in a life time but some have said "once on a generation" or "once in a decade" which is much more realistic