Mathematicians will defend this

>mathematicians will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

mathsisfun.com/algebra/trig-magic-hexagon.html
maths.surrey.ac.uk/hosted-sites/R.Knott/Fibonacci/simpleTrig.html#section1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How's high school OP?

I thought it was impressive and cool in high-school.
Now I know better

What's the problem?

measuring 53°

Easy it's 0.93 rad.

>High School
t. burger education
That's elementary School in Europe.

If it was, not anymore.

>public education in most of europe even shitholes like poland literally years ahead of na equivalents
nafeelsman

[math] \displaystyle
\begin{matrix}
angle & sin & cos \\
0 & \sqrt{0}/2 & \sqrt{4}/2 \\
\pi/6 & \sqrt{1}/2 & \sqrt{3}/2 \\
\pi/4 & \sqrt{2}/2 & \sqrt{2}/2 \\
\pi/3 & \sqrt{3}/2 & \sqrt{1}/2 \\
\pi/2 & \sqrt{4}/2 & \sqrt{0}/2
\end{matrix}
[/math]

this is the worst image. you literally only need two fucking triangles. no wonder people who don't like math look at it and go "omg all of these numbers! i could never possibly understand it".

yeah, it's fucking middle school shit, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a bad way of presenting the information.

hey that's pretty slick

>He fell for the circle meme
mfw

>t. retarded european going to sub 50 ranked uni telling himself stories about how american education is so shit so he can sleep at night

Y-you're lying, right?

this is good too

mathsisfun.com/algebra/trig-magic-hexagon.html

50 ranked uni
and u.s. high school might as well be on different planets

is it just coincidence that the coordinates of a point on a circle are fairly simple? If you think about it, it could be so much worse than some square roots and division of small whole numbers.

>he didn't learn trig ratios in the womb

i bet you still memorize it instead of deriving them through a polar coordinate system.

They're not all so nice

maths.surrey.ac.uk/hosted-sites/R.Knott/Fibonacci/simpleTrig.html#section1

who writes sqrt(2)/2 and not 1/sqrt(2)?

It's useful to write it as the former for memorization techniques, e.g.

believe it or not but some places are completely autistic about not having a radical in the denominator of a fraction

Defend what? What's your point?

> he doesn't even know his exact values
OP we learned this in lower middle school

Majority of US professors will mark it wrong if not rationalized. Why it needs to be rationalized? Got no clue. Prob jews.

Can confirm, t: europoor

the power of illiterate migrants dumbing down the european education system. Surely this will redpill the lot over there and they can fully understand why the US test scores is so shit (from the non-white/asian test takers).

In the netherlands smart people (about 10% of the pop) get split from the dumb ones after elementary school and can directly go to university. Immigrants don't dumb this down they just go somewhere that does fit them.
Except me ofc

Idk how they do it in the rest of the European Caliphate tho

i always wondered about this in high school as teachers demanded it but once i started university not a single professor mentioned such a thing

Bruh, all you need to do is multiply the radian measure by 180/pi in order to convert radians to degrees, if that's what you're having issues with it.

Yeah I've only had one professor that have a shit about rationalizing the denominator. Usually I do it anyways just to be safe though and I'm in the habit

Really this is middle school in Europe.

It shows you never calculated a fraction by hand.

>tfw some burgers learn trig and algebra in college aka college algebra, precalc

How I memorise this? I never thought how to fit it in my head.

t. brainlet

The only ones that really need to be memorized are the pi/6 and pi/3 ones (and those you can just remember one and know that the other is the opposite). The other ones should be obvious as long as you know what those words actually mean and that sin and cos are equal at pi/4

really? you can't see the 0-1-2-3 pattern?
wew lad

who /[math]\mathbb{C}[/math]/ here

Italy here, it was my very first math lesson in the 3rd year of high school.
To be fair, middle school is fucking useless.
By the 5th year we were up to differential equations with two independent variables though so we clearly made up for it.

It's vestigial.
Manual calculation of 1/sqrt(2) is much more difficult than calculating sqrt(2)/2

adding sqrt(2)/2 to sqrt(3)/3 is a lot easier than
adding 1/sqrt(2) to 1/sqrt(3)

square roots appears because the circle is algebraically a locus of some quadratic polynomial

would you write 6/16 or 3/8 ? same reasoning