ITT enraging brainlet misconceptions

>applying the second law of thermodynamics to open systems

BUT THE SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS SAYS THAT IF JEEESUUUUUUS DOESN'T EXIST THEN THE UNIVERSE DOESN'T EXIST.

THANKS JESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS

>mfw there are still christians in fucking 2017

Here is my top list :

>e=mc2
lol let's forget half the equation cuz we're too dumb to remind more than 4 symbols

>Blood is blue inside you

>If you go into space the lack of pressure will make you explode

>Moore's """""""law"""""""

>Schrödinger's cat is an actual experimentation

>The Big Bang was a huge explosion
(Sponsored by Michael Bay)

>""Degree"" Kelvin

Also the sum of all naturals equals -1/12 but that's a discutable one. I won't even talk about the sub pop-sci misconceptions (e.g. Chemtrails are bad, x is giving you cancer, etc...)

>treating entropy as a physical quantity and not a purely statistical one

>treating information as a non-physical object

you

>treating information as an object
>not as the distribution of an attribute of objects
:^)

>not as a real abstraction resulting from reciprocal interaction of matter.
It's not an object per say, but it's definitely physical. How else would structures exist in nature if not for information bounding them together?

Without Christianity, all of those people who only do good deeds in order to get to Heaven would have been doing whatever they wanted right now. Think about that. I'd rather they be Christians and help others because their god told them to than have them be nihilistic atheist hedonists going around raping and pillaging because there's no reason not to.

>>If you go into space the lack of pressure will make you explode
I mean, at any given time, I have a few small wounds, mostly around my fingernails and one my lips from chewing too much. If I suddenly went into a vacuum, wouldn't blood start pumping out of them in thin streams, arterial spray style? Especially on somewhere with thin skin such as those. Also, wouldn't the air, and fluids in your lung and stomach violently expel themselves due to you involuntarily gasping for air? You may not explode, but with that vomit shot, it'll sure look like it.

Yeah, but it is the 21st century. There are new morality cults where rich people can go in and pretend they are good by giving money. They call it new age spirituality or some bullshit like that. It is still retarded but orders of magnitude less retarded than christianity because they make no grandiose claims about the universe that are bullshit and most "spiritual" people accept they don't know about the origin of the universe.

>money laundering schemes disguised as soulless virtue signaling
>better than 2000 years of tradition

>it is the 21st century
I MEAN COME ON

>2000 years of tradition
More like 2000 years of money laundering schemes disguised as soulless virtue signaling.

I mean, you said it yourself. At least you are redpilled about what organized religion is. Now accept that the rule also holds for your club just like it holds for all the others.

Read the Bible. It'd be written a whole lot differently if it was meant to be an opioid for the masses, or some kind of scheme

I prefer non-brainlet faiths.

>give 10% of your money to the church despite god being infinitely powerful and able to grant wealth to the church
>Everyone must tell all their "sins" to the church. No exceptions!

Yeah, doesn't sound like sheep control at all.

>Poor people, no matter how shit life is. Never betray your masters! You will be rewarded in heaven ;^)

DOESN'T SOUND LIKE OPIOID FOR THE MASSES AT ALL

Does anyone actually do that though? Does the thought of hell/missing out on heaven ever stop people from committing crimes?

>Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
hmmm...

You are technically correct, yet i'm still triggered by this extreme way of phrasing it ("exploding").

This thread is derailing into a religious debate. Wtf let's refocus on misconceptions !

Here is some more:

>There is 7 colors in a rainbow
>P=NP problem is the only issue in computational sciences
(Let's forget about all the other complexity classes because this one is hyped)
>Planck lenght is the smallest possible unit of lenght
>Quantum computer will replace conventionnal computers
>mixing vectors and scalars e.g. velocity and speed; mass and weight; ...

Religion is the biggest and most wide misconception. The majority of the world believes in somethig blatantly wrong, and the impact it has is huge.

>STOP BELIEVING WHAT I DON'T I CAN'T ACCEPT THAT OTHER PEOPLE CAN COME TO DIFFERENT CONCLUSIONS FUCKING BRAINLETS REEEE
I'm not sure what's more amusing, seeing an athiest meltdown or a religious meltdown

I prefer a god who lets me poo in loo.

well meme'd

*tips pope hat

mass is not a scalar

excuse me

>those people who only do good deeds in order to get to Heaven
But that's literally the opposite if protestant theology.

>Without Christianity, all of those people who only do good deeds in order to get to Heaven would have been doing whatever they wanted right now.
History and modern crime rates prove you absolutely wrong, and to lie like this on the internet is an insult to both your and our intelligence.