Why do humans love music so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EYxqTYIi56I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hate music, and I also hate humans.

Dancing to it is even weirder when you think about it.

It's a clue sent by the creator to teach us how to create worm holes or something else similiar to that

It's just a more advanced version. Think how a piece of fruit hanging from a tree turns the brightest most contrasting color when it's ready to be ate, almost like it's a clue. Same thing with music, humans are attracted to it because music is they key to unlocking the secrets of the universe, we just haven't figured out how to yet

If you want to answer that you'd have to define 'love'. What is love? Why do we love anything?

I like music because it gives rythm to what I do and adds extra emotion to situations, like in movies. Music is like counting and eating something you love at the same time.

Most people like it when things are in perfect sync. Have you ever listened to rock and just tried to tell every little sound apart? Pretty awesome how all those things fit together to make a good song.

Music is like a painting in sound, sometimes chaotic and sometimes in perfect order.

Music is pretty awesome, it only makes sense people love it.

I don't know, I don't remember because I'm no longer human.

It imitates vocal tension that is used to portray emotion. When we hear music we are empathising with notes. Same idea with dancing. I like watching girls dance because back when we were apes we would do a little jig to show how great we

waht about game soundtracks and instrumentals?

we have the speck of God which places us above ordinary beasts... it is this that gives us the ability to recognize the divine fabric of nature, to see with open eyes her complex patterns unending and transcendental abstract thoughtforms. to regard music as any less sacred than the holy word of the LORD himself is an affront to Him

Because harmony is inherrently beautiful. Even some animals react positively to well-written music, though they appear to only understand it as "pleasant noise".

youtube.com/watch?v=EYxqTYIi56I

Also because human lives need to include something jammy.

>JUNGLE JAPES
i cant stop laughing

this tbqh

doesn't explain percussion music

sound is vibrations in the air we breathe in order to live, music speaks directly to the essence of our lives

there's no well-established scientific consensus on why we like music OP

>define 'love'. What is love?
Baby don't hurt me...
But seriously, it just occurred to me: basically that's how we (or at least I) can define love. Love is what I feel towards music (and chocolate flavored ice cream). So it's totally backwards asking why I love these things.

>waht about game soundtracks and instrumentals?
exactly what he meant when he said

>It imitates vocal tension that is used to portray emotion.

Fetuses hearing mother's heart beat in womb.
It's a theory.

Because it's the more intuitive way of feeling the pleasure of intellectual harmony, it's the same reason why we feel good when we do a classification we like or we find a good move with cards and checkers, chess and so on

"sense of control"

reddit