Taking Modern American Literature

>Taking Modern American Literature
>Class Final is a review of a piece of modern American Literature of our choice
>Have to get out selection okay'd by the professor
>I want to do Blood Meridian
>The professor tells me to pick something else
>When I ask why, she says Blood Meridian has too much "casual racism" for her to find it acceptable for use in her class

What the fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A90Km_PzAsA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're a college in 2017. How can you be surprised?
I wanted to do an essay on Bruegel's 'Two Chained Monkeys' and was politely asked to change my topic because it was also "casually racist".

Is it not racist to assume racism in something just because it has monkeys?

YOU DID IT

i believe that this thing did not happen

If someone had told this to me I probably wouldn't believe it either. Like, does she think I'm going to write a paper on how I love the liberal use of the word Nigger in the book?

>She

it's postmodern anyways.
I mean that really sucks if you're not lying, but technically it's pomo.

modern, not Modernist.

ok. ok. wow. just... ok. why the fuck would you even pick this book anyway? pick something else you fucking faggot

Just wow, honey. You tell him girl. Fuck Trump and fuck white people

write it on infinite JUST and talk about how AAVE isnt english

>why the fuck would you pick literature
>why would you review literature
>in a literature class
>why the fuck would you even pick this piece of modern american literature
>why would you pick modern american literature
>just pick something else
I'm trying my hardest and I can't understand how you thought this was a good post.
>ok. ok. wow. just... ok.
Icing on the cake

Tell her that's not an acceptable reason and you will take it to someone of actual importance if she persists with her bullshit

thanks for correcting the record.

*subscribe*

I had an ultra liberal teacher and she loves this boo and let me do a paper on it.

This doesn't work unless you've got media contacts who can blow the story up

Do Child of God instead.

If she didn't accept McCarthy, why would she accept McCarthy?

kek yeah
sometimes I call people monkey regardless of their skin tone and they instantly assume I am racist. I am not, they are, for instantly connecting monkeys with niggers

Should have done Tai Pei

This. Something about saying "you fucking monkey" to ya boi feels so satisfying.

>McCarthy is pomo

Good job revealing just how little you know about anything.

Thanks political left.

Should have done Tropic of Cancer as an alternative. Always a lovely book to discuss.

Feeling the same sort of way bro.

>Have a class about "The Great American Novel"
>Start with Moby-Dick
>God this is fucking great
>Girl in the back
>"Ugh, Ishmael is such a LOSER. All he does is ramble on all day about nothing. I can't wait to read Huckleberry Finn instead"
>I guess a fourteen-year old boy is more chad than beta Ishmael
>We're going to choose as a class our final selection
>Know it's going to be something like The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao or Taipei or The Handmaid's Tale or some other meme shit
>Tfw everyone will laugh me down when suggesting Mason & Dixon, Blood Meridian or American Pastoral
>Tfw "Eww, who cares about what white guys are writing today, that's so short-minded of you"
>Tfw the teacher won't side with me on that

>tfw realized Blood Meridian is literally about the patriarchy during an LSD trip

>Why do all these niggers think I'm racist
Really makes you think

kek

I'm taking a Southern lit class and the professor is a petite and preppy Kentucky woman who did her dissertation on Blood Meridian. It's the weirdest thing. We were doing a bit on Confederate poetry and she was really enthusiastic about Henry Timrod. I want to write a paper on The Clansmen because I can probably get away with it. Fun lady.

But the kid ain't a chick

Tak wygląda mój wielki maturalny sen:
siedzą w oknie dwie małpy przykute łańcuchem,
za oknem fruwa niebo
i kąpie się morze.

Zdaję z historii ludzi.
Jąkam się i brnę.

Małpa, wpatrzona we mnie, ironicznie słucha,
druga niby to drzemie -
a kiedy po pytaniu nastaje milczenie,
podpowiada mi
cichym brząkaniem łańcucha.

Autor: Wisława Szymborska

wtf are you talking about, fucking retard? get off of this board, you're making it smell like shit

Report her behavior dude.

this has to be a joke

So you haven't been to uni? It's all cohesively cucked.

White people are despised and the white people who do have power hate themselves.

It's awful.

She rejected the Nigger word not McCarthy

just curious, what would you have written about it?

American education really have become utter trash, huh? I never hear anything like this from any other country. Except perhaps Canada.

I suppose SJW/feminism was adopted on a governmental level in the rest of the west so a SJW "counter-culture" never grew on other campuses around the west except in USA/Canada.

Was it a curse or a blessing that America kept radical feminism and social justice warriors at bay for so long? In Sweden the blue haired hambeast views are already government policy, atleast University seems less affected by the things America is experiencing.

taipei is magnicifent.

do this op.

Despite how the overzealous SJW types who everybody on this site is so afraid of may misuse the word, 'patriarchy' doesn't mean 'oppression of women by men', it simply means 'rule by men'. More specifically, whatever men deem most masculine, e.g. the concept of the father, from which the term derives.

youtube.com/watch?v=A90Km_PzAsA

The fuck? Every book i read for my 6 American Authors class had tons of n bombs. Even got to read some Cormac

>Book is filled to the brim with horrific, depraved violence
>Villain is a child rapist who literally kills puppies for fun
>Teacher doesn't like it only because someone says nigger

That sounds like a college teacher alright

>t. user who doesn't have a college degree

Suttree, then.

Why exactly do you spend your time and money on college?

The economy of country has determined that jobs worth $50,000+ a year requires a college degree

Pick a Delillo and then a dildo

.. and fuck yourself, you coward. Why don't you fucking protest on grounds of free speech? It's fucking fiction for fucks sake...Americans i swear

>Bein a nigger is an interestin life.
>You make it that way.
Yeah, I don't think this is going to fly.

*incohrerent rage* desu
Every day we stray further from god's light

>Risking even a single failing grade when all's it takes is ONE 1.00 to take your overall four year gpa to below 3.9

Are you fucking retarded?

Sorry we can't live off daddy's money and actually need a gpa with our degree to get a grad school spot

Tell her you'll write a paper about the casual racism in it. She'll love it.

yep yep and dot it with logical inconsistencies so that she would be forced to mark you down for terrible deductions on a view that the book is casually racist (go through every possible instance of casual racism, and wind completely around a proper deduction of how a certain bit of prose is not racist but is in fact used for something else). She might be gobsmacked and revoke her claim of racism in the book, or better recognise the ingenuity of the essay and see through it if you do a good enough job (in that you convinced her through a kind of reverse psychology).

That's what you fucking get for choosing a subjectively graded course in a class where your professor is guaranteed to be a retarded woman

I refuse to believe this post isn't bait

Nothing get's past you, user

But there is no casual racism in this book, the racism is very deliberate and is directly pursuant to the main point of the narrative. Have you tried expressing that view to her and making clear that your review will tackle it head on?

May not help, she sounds like a moron, but give it a go

It's stupid that someone would moralfag a literature essay that way. "This literature says things that could be seen as an insult to human dignity better ban it from discussion" such my cautch

It's the equivalent of not letting a bio student write about Darwin because it's an insult to god

you fucking mouthbreathing retard, GET FUCKING POL OFF BOARD GOD DAMN NO FROGS GO BACK TO YOUR FUCKING HOME BOARD YOU DON'T BELONG, ASSIMILATE OR DEPORT YOURSELF

She was probably sick of reading dozens of fawning essays about Blood Memeidian and couldn't think of a better excuse to forbid it.

and 50k is still peanuts

what has this world become...

BACK IN MY DAY we used rate my professor to avoid shit like this.

Do kids not do that anymore?

/thread

I went to two well regarded and liberal schools. I don't think the discussion went like you said it did OP.

And I don't think you argued your point properly, and I don't think you're depicting her arguments properly either.

gtfo

>Everyone's life went exactly as mine went

They say nigger several times in child of god

>things that never happened