Mental disability

Who else /disabled/ here? Specifically mental disability. How has it effected your ability to study and your scientific or math skills? Do you use specific services to help with studying/ Doing work?

I've got bipolar disorder. I finished a degree in CS with a decent GPA but have been a NEET ever since. Idk what I'm going to do ive been a neet for a while due to complications of the fucked up meds they keep me on but eventually I'll try to do some web dev freelancing coding or something. I probably will not be able to do it very well and will merely end up getting one of those retard jobs while cashing a disability cheque but here's to hoping.

Anxiety. Avoidance of obstacles, fear of uncertainty. Disorgsnisation. At the cusp of NEEThood. Either go back to school or go NEET

>frogposter
>mentally disabled
I wouldn't have expected anything less.

i feel really mentally foggy all the time. it affects my education and ability to enjoy anything. i've been trying to find the cause for it forever. i almost don't remember life before it. i've had to explain it many times so it's really uninteresting for me to get into. i have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome but people say that's a bs invisible illness.

Apu does not count as frogposting.

newfag

This

Adderall/Vyvanse is your friend. I used to be the same way. I went to a psychiatrist, got diagnosed with ADD, received adderall, and that cleared all of the fogginess up.

Rett's syndrome
It's complicated

Autismo, OCD and ADHD here. Please kill me.

Checking in. Self diagnosed.
AMA

were you on meds throughout college? like i dont see how its possible to graduate having bipolar disorder

I have a legitimate 89 IQ.

Ask me anything.

>self diagnosed

I'm personally fucked over cause of my disabilities. It's hard to get up and have drive to do anything. My attention span is fuck all, and studying takes at least 3x as long as someone else studying the same material. I have the services the college provides for disabled students, so I have accommodations. But as for studying, I need at someone there with me to keep me on task and to help keep me from breaking down.

>idiopathic hypersomnia
>assburger
>standard meme illness like social phobia and debrusshion
the social phobia and IH is the hardest to manage desu. being a slave to modafinil is terrible. pretty much when it hits half life it's time for me to sleep and I don't have much of a choice.

Why are you on Veeky Forums?

Aspergers, bipolar, crippling generalized anxiety disorder

I'm working on it, almost done. It is possible but it's fucking nonsense and hard as hell.

I managed to do it. I never took my antipsychotics but I kept on taking my lithium. If I stayed on my antipsychotics I most likey would have not been able to graduate.

Whenever you meet someone who claims to have bipolar disorder be skeptical it has kind of turned into a meme illness the real deal is far more serious but also relatively easy to manage with medication.

The guy that goes off the rails everytime the pizzeria ran out of diet coke probably doesn't have bipolar disorder.

Why did you stop taking the antipsychotic and which one was it? Unless you were wracked with akathisia or horrific brain fog I don't know how it could interfere THAT much with uni.

Zyprexa. I stopped taking it because it literally turned me into a fucking zombie. I can't be expected to do anything complex while my entire frontal lobe is fucking shut down. Brain fog doesn't even begin to describe the effects of most antipsychotics try fast dry brain cement.

Eh. I took it and that didn't happen to me. Just made me ravenous hungry.

What are your doses? Whenever I get discharged from the psych ward the doctors load me up with maximum possible doses (sometimes a little more) before discharging me. either way I cant tolerate antipsychotics of any kind I'm surprised there exist people who actually do.

Think I was taking 5 or 7.5mg. Don't really remember because I went bouncing around between antipsychotics cuz none of them were doing anything. Abilify was probably the best of the bunch, but lithium is a miracle element.

There were a few that I couldn't tolerate. Latuda worked well for me but gave me unbearable akathisia. Same with another one whose name I can't remember. Brain fog is the least of your worries with those drugs. I felt like tearing my own skin off when the akathisia hit.

Because I'm studying Comp Sci.