Chemistryfags help

How to convert 1100kg of Calcium Ammonium Nitrate into Ammonium Nitrate. None of your business what its for.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=14737
youtu.be/Zr0AKF1hZSo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Remove calcium add ammonia

>1100kg of Ammonium Nitrate.
>None of your business what its for.

How?

I hear this stuff is pretty good at removing calcium.

Will it fuck with my AN? Looking to get as close to straight AN as possible.

>"dissolve the fertilizer in hot methanol and filter the solution. By mixing the solution with an equal volume of unleaded gasoline, the ammonium nitrate will instantly cristalize."
Okay, so I found this. Do you think it would work with ethanol?

>1100kg of AN
Go ask on /pol/, I'm sure there are plenty of people there who would be extremely interested in your question.
>captcha: tarrible public

Sorta done the same thing when making Potassium Chlorate from Bleach and NoSalt, I think ive gotten a hand of the process. Just wondering if it would work? The CAN cost too much for me to fuck it up, even in small batches.

calcium ammonium nitrate is just fucking ammonium nitrate diluted with limestone

filter out the limestone by a method of your choice

Thats what im asking nigga, how do I filter out shit without fucking with my AN?
Will this work?

mix it into hot water and filter it. the limestone won't dissolve nearly as much as the ammonium nitrate. after dissolving it, filter the hot water using cloth that can stop the limestone sludge

and would I crystalise the AN with petrol and does the petrol have to be ethanol free?
Or
Do I just boil off everything until im left with mostly AN? (I dont like the sound of this option)

you don't need hydrocarbons to crystalise the AN. it crystalises when the water is supersaturated. to supersaturate the water, cool it or boil it off

same user: sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=14737 read xenoid's post

Sorry I barely have a 3 digit iq, youre gonna have to make some greentext instructions.

Add 550 kg of pure anticalcium. You can get it at pottery supply stores.

Christ just add a few dozen liters of sulfuric acid and some potassium nitrate you brainlet

Nah, that will fuck with my ratios later on. Just looking to make some straight AN.

>put CAN in water
>make water really hot
>mix it a lot
>pour it through a filter into another container
>cook off some of the water at like 95C where it will evaporate a lot but not violently boil
>leave in fridge after cooking off
>harvest AN crystals the next day
>crush AN crystals into powder
>bake AN powder above boiling point of water to dry it

Will I be able to use my bathtub after this?

i'm no chemist but i'm gonna say probably. the instructions i listed are 99% foolproof but just to be safe try not to use something you bathe in for this. if you need big cheap containers, go to walmart and buy some plastic bins

ITT : Op's either making good fertiliser for his loved crops or making a bomb. FBI won't care which path op is really following though.

>a bomb
>more than a metric tonne of CAN

try >a batch of bombs

Its only 27%

ethanol is a meme

27% of 1100kg is 297kg

If all goes well im realistically probably only going to get 250kg at most. For reference here is 50kg.
youtu.be/Zr0AKF1hZSo

Or enough to be heard 60km away

so are you planning on making a 265kg bomb?

I didnt say that.

Enjoy your gchq five eyes new friends!!

so then you're making a batch

you linked an ANFO mix detonating so it's p much gonfirmd that you're making explosives, though i don't care as long as you arent bombing a school or something

No comment
>pic unrelated.

>also unrelated.

mix with bleach
then filter out the christals

unrelated huh

yes, as a matter of fact im a LARPing faggit HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Jokes over, everybody leave the thread and lets all forget about this horroble joke.

This.
Provides high yield, we did it in school recently

sure it doesnt just make chlorine gas?

yes.
The amonium nitrate is a bit more stable than amonia. so that bleach+amonia=chlorine thing doesnt hold in this particular case.
All the bleach does is oxidize the bonds with the calcium and since that dissolves poorly it will crystalize. you can filter out that calcium gunk and you will be left with a solution of amonium nitrate.
heat that and boil off some of the moisture.
let it cool down and the amonium nitrate will crystalize.