He warned you about The School of Resentment. People didn't take his warning seriously...

He warned you about The School of Resentment. People didn't take his warning seriously. Now literary culture is destroyed, and it's all your fault.

Joke's on you, I'm a frogposting Nazi

>mfw It's taboo to like Joseph Conrad at a university

we deserve this hell

this. id send that yiddish speaking clown straight into the ovens

Literary culture was destroyed when you crawled out of your jew hole, and planted your big fat ass on it, you fucking obese piece of shit.

>mfw in university i was told not to call him that because it's like calling mohammed ali his "slave name", cassius clay

I know this feel.

harold bloom looks like (and probably smells like) someone skinned a fat old woman and filled the skin with diarrhea

THICC

And it's still preferable over the modern liberal shit, really makes you think

Get your head checked out.

Daily reminder that being lazy and not seeking out contemporary works of literary fiction that appeal to you just because you havent finished blooms canon is no excuse to generalize and denigrate all modern literature. Its a shit attitude.

>inb4 name me ONE (1) work that was published in the last 50 years

Do some fucking ground work and read the contents of a few issues of modern reviews and skip the political garbage. Look, heres a decent book that came out FOUR (4) days ago. Is it the greatest work ever written? probably not, but pynchon likes him and he wrote a good book of short stories a few years ago.

The garbage classic obsessed contrarians here refuse to accept that there are gems of contemporary literature being published all the time, from Krasznahorkai to Houellebecq to Chirbes. They are not correct, just young, poorly read, and lazy.

pic related

>Is it the greatest work ever written? probably not

Then why bother with it? Why bother with what's just "decent" when I can read a masterpiece instead? Time is limited and we must always chose to spend it with greatness.

why the gigantic chip on your shoulder you spergarrific nerd

i like crash a horse guy more than i like shakespeare or victor hugo.

Insufferable twat desu

>I only read what other people tell me are masterpieces

If your favorite books of all time match what someone else tells you, you may well be a pseud. It may not be the best book of all time, but it might be the best book of the decade. Or not. At least stop being a coward and having your taste dictated to you, fuckin sheep.

>Time is limited and we must always chose to spend it with greatness.

What an ironic thing to say on Veeky Forums of all places. You must have the self-consciousness of a sea cucumber.

How insecure do you have to be to be so offended by my post? I've read popular contemporary bestsellers before, and they're just nothing compared to the greatest works of literature. My taste matches those of the greatest critics and I'm sorry your sense of aesthetic perception is so damaged if you find that impossible to believe. If your favourite books are chosen only in order to put up the semblance of having an individual and unique taste, then you may well be a pseud.

I know you, I know you. You're the only serious person in the room, aren't you, the only one who understands, and you can prove it by the fact that you've never finished a single thing in your life. You're the only well-educated person, because you never went to college, and you resent education, you resent social ease, you resent good manners, you resent success, you resent any kind of success, you resent God, you resent Christ, you resent thousand-dollar bills, you resent Christmas, by God, you resent happiness, you resent happiness itself, because none of that's real. What is real, then? Nothing's real to you that isn't part of your own past, real life, a swamp of failures, of social, sexual, financial, personal...spiritual failure. Real life. You poor bastard. You don't know what real life is, you've never been near it. All you have is a thousand intellectualized ideas about life. But life? Have you ever measured yourself against anything but your own lousy past? Have you ever faced anything outside yourself? Life! You poor bastard.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? etc.