Ugly handwritting

I have always had slightly above-average abilities with a few things. I have it especially easy with Physics.
However, I have terrible handwriting. To the point that I avoid writing anything by hand.
I use a computer even to take non-important notes, especially if there is the possibility of someone reading them. I have considered the possibility of suffering from dysgraphia.

Is anyone here crippled in a similar way? Will this make my (hopefully future) career in Physics harder? Will anyone (teachers, colleagues...) have to read my handwritten work in the future?

>can find help for anything at colleges
>except handwriting
really makes you think

Handwriting is genetic.

Just type your work you stupid ponce. Or do what I do, write everything in all caps for maximum legibility despite having terrible writing.

I always thought that bad handwriting was okay because I have bad handwriting. I have terrible bad handwriting. But I never thought this was an actual problem. I can read my bad handwriting, so it can't be that bad. It just doesn't look pretty.

But this semester I got for the first time a professor who has bad handwriting and for the first time in my life I am noticing how shit it is to read bad handwriting

Sometimes I can't tell if it is a 4 or a y. Sometimes I can't tell if it is an x or a y. So he leaves homework and I do the problem but it is not the problem he gave. He gave the problem with a 4, but I solved it with a fucking y which was 100 times more complicated.

Man, if I did not have bad handwriting I would be starting my own nazi party to burn people with bad handwriting because fuck am I angry. I also feel bad that when I'm a professor my students will say bad things about me behind my back just like I am doing for my professor.

How do I cope?

Shitpost on a Mongolian speed racing forum.

I believe I have dysgraphia as well. I've done some research and concluded that mine is connected to my learning disability dyslexia. Supposedly these two are often common together

But what if I am not living in the 90s? What if I hadn't just been in that place before?

Race and handwriting threads when

In a research lab people might have to look at your notes when you need to record observations of your work. Mostly really though you just need to be able to read it. A lot of the times you need written proof in undergrad labs of what you've been doing. But nah, a lot of stem people have bad handwriting, it's kinda interesting. The big part is that you know damn well what you wrote so you don't fuck anything up.

I never write in corsive when I hand other people something exactly because of this, but a few days ago an intern locked himself out of his new mail account because he got the password wrong too many times.
I was like "WTF man how did you do that"

>his password was newuser211 or something
>turns out he thought the 2 was an 8
>i bet him that he was the only one that could possibly mistake the 2 for an 8
>he accepted
>5 other people agreed with him
>bet lost

what the fuck.
I don't think my 2 looks anything like a fucking 8

>pic related, some random calculations I did with lots of 2s

TELL ME IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE AN 8
IT HAS A FUCKING STRAIGHT BOTTOM HOW CAN IT BE AN 8

At a quick glance it looks like a 2, but upon closer inspection what the fuck

come on man what's wrong with it?

It's a 2, just with the top bit closed in a loop. When writing quickly sometimes I overshoot and it goes slightly over the rising shaft.

>with the top bit closed in a loop
Yes, why would you do that?

Well I don't know, that's just I always drew it.

Looks like a 2. Anyone who thinks its an 8 has a sub 110 iq.

at least it looks kind of cool

literally unreadable

>Dear Miss Ambrose (?)
>? very nice ? ? ? ? ? ?.
>I've been reading the ? ?...

I cannot make anything else out, except "experienced" in the second to last row.

>Dear Miss Ambrose. It was very nice of you to send me the defective mags. I've been reading one of them on my way from Vienna to Cambrige and enjoyed it thoroughly...
I don't see any difficulty here, you can definitely tell by the context and it's not even badly written.
I'm curious about what 8./.36 is supposed to mean though

I guess being a native english speaker helps. I just really can't make out the words at all.

The fuck is a defective mag?

You don't exaggerate the arc enough

Obviously he thought your 2's we're 8's because they fucking are 8's. You clearly draw the 2 starting from the bottom and work up. Don't do this. Start at the top, draw the semicircle, then draw the bottom line. It'll be more clear that way, and no slower.

Either get back to primary school or just start practicing. It's not that complicated OP. Try improving one letter at a time and you'll be fine in a couple of months

>because they fucking are 8's.

>slanted descending straight line /
>completely flat base _
>connecting by a sharp acute angle

Where do I find these in an 8?
If your 8 has an acute angle in its base you can't fucking write.

They are retarded if they think anyone writes 8 with a flat base and that angle. Go get your money back and leave that shithole full of brainlets.
Also, anyone (CS tards) who writes 1 as just a vertical line deserves to be shot, such barbarian habit has no place in math.

I tend to rip the paper and couldn't draw a straight line let alone a circle even if my life was at risk. I always assumed I'm simply retarded.

>(CS tards)

I'm in IT myself and I agree.
I also have an intense desire to violently dismember anone who designs fonts where the lowercase letter "l" looks exactly the same as the uppercase letter "I".

I spent 2 hours trying to figure out why a program wouldn't compile because the proprietary IDE used a retarded font like that and I mistook an uppercase I for a lowercase l.
Best thing is it didn't even complain about an unknown identifier because the parser sucked, it just blew up with unintelligible garbage as an error message.

Handwriting means:

1) control of the writing instrument.
2) writing to the proper stroke of the character
Like in Chinese, if you draw the strokes in your way, instead of following the set rules, your final character will look like shit
3) repetition

>living in the 90's

I've always hated this about my browsers font but I have never done anything to change it.

I thought they were some weird form of fucked up cursive capital L's. Am I being meme'd on here? Who the fuck scribes 8's with flat bases

The intern wasn't looking at that though
He was looking at the loop

By that logic a 5 could be a 3 because I looked at the bottom curvy bit.

All you bitches don't have shit, top this.

Math on computers is absolutely horrendous apart from latex (but that sucks too). When i had to do some programming, i was triggered by the font lacking ligatures and serif. How the am i supposed to tell if it's an l1L or |? What the fuck does \ even mean? Oh it's supposed to be lambda? What the fuck. Math on computers, not even once.

I have literally no idea what you're talking about. Some math software, probably.

If you develop software (like I do) you never use complex math notation.

If I want to get an absolute value I don't have the |var| notation.
I either use some built in function, e.g. Math.abs(var) or a ternary operator: (var >= 0 ? var : -var).

A logarithm would be Math.log(var), a square root Math.sqrt(var) etc.

Haskell and comments in the form of
-- 3.15 in the paper, specifically
-- omega=sum of |theta(z+epsilon)|^(e+sin ix) from i=1 to 2pi'
I'm talking about math on computers. As a mathematician, most of the programming i did needed to have comments like that because academia. I doubt anyone in the CS department could decipher wtf were we trying to do. I don't need complex notation, i need the basics like greek, hebrew, arrows (i can survive writing -> or

I know that feel bro

I sometimes pride myself in my disgusting handwriting

Only i can crack the code to what the mess means.

Ah, I see.
If your IDE supports Unicode code you can get all the greek letters you want, but it's a pain in the ass.

Why don't you try improving it?
Grab some worksheets intended for elementary school studnets off of the internet and practice with them.

I spent two weeks tweaking emacs to turn that shit into unicode symbols. There has to be better way than that, but i get that's a very rare usecase.