What is the general female reaction to the works of Bukowski? no girl I know red anything by him

What is the general female reaction to the works of Bukowski? no girl I know red anything by him.

girls like bukowski

I second this.

I've known a few girls who really liked Bukowski.

All the high school girls I fucked had only really read Vonnegut, Bukowski, Murakami and a couple others.

My gf has read him.

Teach me senpai.

did they say anything about the books? it's portrayal of women?

I met a girl who liked and could quote him. She cancelled on me because she was getting drunk the night before. I was offended and broke contact.
Maybe she was scared because she had a boyfriend and we'd gotten on so well as friends. Maybe she didn't like me.

All of his work pertains to the sort of vulnerable, over sharing, emotional wreck of a person that most womyn "interested" in le arts are

>tfw i'm all 3 of those things

Why do people write 'womyn' when they're talking about women they don't like? What does it mean?

Implies hairy armpits, bra burning and noisy entitlement.

It's a word invented by feminists who didn't like that the word "woman" has "man" in it. I'm not joking look it up.

Why do nonfeminists use it then?

In jest

I had a history teacher who loved him. She was always talking about it outside class. I also have a friend who very much likes his writings.

tho he treats them like crap

That just shows how misunderstood he is you mysognynist

I have a female friend who wants to get a tattoo of him. She told me that Bukowski isn't for me, that I wouldn't understand him. So I guess they like him

how's that?

I've run into a few female Henry Miller fans too.
Yet most lit women I've talked with hate Kerouac and Hemingway, while Miller and Bukowski get a pass for their misogyny for some reason

women love bukowski

Kerouac and Hemingway were (semi-)closeted fags who actually hated women and worshipped masculinity while Miller and Bukowski actually loved women.

masturbate with a wine bottle

We're too patrician.
Bukowski is a meme-writer, truly. Everything about him is a cliché. "I'm such a brute, manly man - fuck yeah!", "such an American!", "I only drink my liquor raw and I drink lots of it LOL".

Why are all Americans cartoons?

I liked him when I was a teenager, then I found better shit to read. It's at least 50% a cult of personality and fun liking something disgusting/easy to read with easy to buy into "life wisdom".
in Bukowski's own words he hated everyone but found women less terrible than men, all four are still misogynists which doesn't mean their work is valueless, but it is a fact

I don't think you understand bukowski, if you ever actually read him at all.

The funny thing about whole "womyn" thing is that if you look up the origins of "woman" it has nothing to do with men.

Well that's... just wrong.
Woman comes from "wife of man"

"Man" used to be gender-neutral and had a prefix to indicate maleness long ago.

Maybe you're thinking of male/female, where people perceive female as being an afterthought to the word male, but it's the other way around

>50%
100% more like

I've never met any girls who liked him. We got assigned one of his books in class and a bunch of girls got butthurt because muh soggy knees. I don't talk to many people though tbf

Literally every woman even cursorily interested in literature I've ever met loved Bukowski.

literally the only people i know who read him are girls