What are some fiction books that gave you self-confidence?

what are some fiction books that gave you self-confidence?

Schopenhauer's 'On Women' and The Bell Curve made me realize that I'm inherently superior to 99% of the world's population

War and Peace did this for me. I don't know what the opposite of a blackpill is(a whitepill?), but that's what Tolstoy's work is.

The catcher in the rye

Doesn't so much give me self-confidence as makes me realize the sources of my paranoia are less romantic than self-absorbed and wilfully ignorant.

...and that's not fiction. Duh. Sorry gents.

Hahahaha. Why on Earth would you think a fantasy, one you didn't even write, could give you confidence?!

You gain confidence by carrying out real goals in the real world - not by fantasizing.

If you want social confidence, make social goals and carry them out.

If you want physical confidence, make fitness goals and carry them out.

If you want intellectual confidence, make knowledge acquisition/comprehension plans and execute them.

Etc., etc., dude. Start small, not too small, and build big. Simple pimple.

Jokes on you - if it took a pop-sci book and a work of meme philosophy to give you this "realization," you aren't.

Books that give self-irony also give self-confidence as a collateral effect. And they're more interesting than those that just give self-confidence.

Notes From Underground

Demian and the Karamazov brothers

lol

>reading
E7, duh

Thus spoke Zaratustra too

what the fuck is a black pill

Brave New World was a huge eye opener as a wee teenage lad.

The stranger

Atlas Shrugged

I've literally read every book recommended in this thread and I still have no self-confidence. Don't believe their lies, OP.

unironically how to win friends and influence people

I agree

The Book of the New Sun gave me a tremendous boost, and it does every time I reread it.

I think you need to find a book with a character who is you as you wish you were; this doesn't mean just any ubermensch, it means an ubermensch that reflects your values and whose inner life seems familiar. For me, this is Andrei Bolkonsky and Severian.

Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield

I think he was making fun of those books because they were supposed to be fiction.