Pedophile trash

Why is this so praised? The plot is a manchildren's wet dream and nothing more. Is the writing impressive to some?

I admit, I'm incredibly biased because I hate raunchy/deliberately edgy themes. And the first line is terrible

>The plot is a manchildren's wet dream and nothing more.
you didn't understand the book

>deliberately edgy

Have you actually read past the first line?

On another note, I think Lynch would make a much better film adaptation of this than Kubrick's. The writing style lends itself well to surrealism.

What am I missing? Honest question, I hated it. I loved Pale Fire, too.

but Lynch is the most talentless hack in film

this desu

seriously though, what an overrated pleb

reread the end

Why do you say this? Kubrick e.g. rated Eraserhead as his favorite horror film at the time he was making the Shining

The book shows how much perception affects interpretation. The book has the best unreliable narrator in all of fiction

Really good prose, really good. But I have to admit, the subject matter got old pretty fast. It is to pedophilia as Moby Dick is to whaling.

at the very least, his later work is complete pseudery

>dumb normalfag offended by love for loli
watch out normie, i'll be waiting for your cute daughter around the corner

Oh, I see, Kubrick's stamp of approval somehow makes something "good art" for you. Let's talk about film at a later date, when you have your own opinions

not really, just haven't seen any of his older stuff

Barry Lyndon is his best film imo.

Then describe what makes Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, and Inland Empire "pseudery."

Mulholland Drive was 2deep4u bullshit
Blue Velvet was good

that's all I've seen, now go be triggered about your shitty director somewhere else

Lynchfag here. Love those films. Also why is there better film discussion on Veeky Forums than on /tv/? (Not specifically referring to this thread, just something I noticed)

The mods drove all the adults away from /tv/ when they cracked down on waifus.

Ah, red-state USA.

I love later Lynch more than early Lynch desu. The problem is that people over analyze those films even though he was trying to create a feeling rather than a story.

Lost Highway = Guy leads a different life while sitting in the electric chair (An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge)
Mulholland Drive = Girl is consumed by guilt for killing her ex
Inland Empire = Troubled woman learns to forgive herself through transcendental meditation

Yeah the writing(russian) was really good, otherwise didn't like it that much

>Mulholland Drive was 2deep4u bullshit

That's what I assumed you meant by "pseudery." So you're just repeating your nonsense claim. If you don't like it, fine, I'm more asking if you understand it, which you don't seem to

>he was trying to create a feeling rather than a story
mein neger! As I see it, Lost Highway is about longing, Mulholland is about vindictiveness, Empire is about fear directed at yourself. But that's only as I see it, and the exciting thing about Lynch's films is that they necessarily mean different things to each individual, because we all grapple with emotions as ourselves. Each one is going to be re-interpreted in a unique way by each viewer. By the way, have you read DFW's essay on Lynch? It's pretty funny

No but I will. You should read Lynch's book "Catching the Big Fish" if you haven't already.

Really weak b8 but this is Veeky Forums so people will bite anyway. Lolita isn't even that good.

>Lolita
>edgy

Maybe compared to reading Women's Home Journal. This book came out in the same era as Burroughs' pedophiliac ramblings, and to be completely honest Burroughs is just the tip of the iceberg of postwar literary degeneracy.