I'm looking for books that are so convoluted that they arguably don't have any plot at all...

I'm looking for books that are so convoluted that they arguably don't have any plot at all, but still are considered to have artistic, and literary merit.
Something confusing and all over the place, but with an overarching message. Fiction or not.
I wish I could think of maybe a film equivalent but nothing comes to mind

Gravity's Rainbow

Gravity's Rainbow is the book for you, my friend.

why tho

In search of the lost time

In Partial Disgrace by Charles Newman, not exactly what you are asking for but I think you will like it

BURROUGHS' NOVA TRILOGY

私の日記です

Book of Disquiet

the in search for lost of time, you mean?

tristram shandy

Magma

Yea my inglish is not so good
A la recherche du temps perdu

Naked Lunch

Antonio Lobo Antunes is a portuguese writer whose books are all like that.

this

If anyone says Finnegans Wake they're a fucking pseud and should be ignored.

The Beetle Leg

read my book
cool....

The Illuminatus! Trilogy.

This is obvious but no one has said it yet. Ulysses.

I push these a lot on here, but

Trumbo - Johnny Got His Gun
Heller - Picture This

when is this meme gonna die

You should just watch two non consecutive seasons of aqua teen hunger force. It's like Beckett but more inane and obtuse.

What are the best/most interesting ways you've seen a piece of fiction present fragmentary perspectives or digressions without muddying the flow of the text to an unreadable level? Obviously no one else can/should use endnotes/footnotes, at least for a while.

infinite jest
:^)

Infini-dick JUST

uhhhh has no one said Finnegan's wake?

Well, duh. I really haven't found something that conveys a multitude of information as the course of being a human being since

Les Chants de Maldoror is actually a really fun read. The 'horror' is really cartoonish so it comes off as both eerie, surreal, and comedic.

There's a really expensive English translation out there that includes illustrations from surrealists (Dali and another that I've forgotten the name of.)

When I say expensive, I mean it's been inflated to something like $150 on eBay.

If you have a Kindle, I know the ebook version is about $12. You can probably find it for free on bookzz though.

I would describe it as a collection of short stories involving Maldoror, among other things.

It probably influenced the sort of thing you are looking for.

Women and Men

kys