Should I start the Book of the New Sun or War and Peace?

Should I start the Book of the New Sun or War and Peace?

so this is the new carliclaire thread?

Honestly, I found both to be equally boring

yes, it involves answering the question
why so, bro

I'm honestly just here for Clair because that other thread will get deleted. so we can use this one to talk.ablut her. thanks KS

np

Shadow of the Torturer is basically a sterile, hybrid bastard child of the Carolina Law Code and "The City and the Stars," while WaP is disinterest committed to paper. It may be better in the original Russian, but in the translation I read, Tolstoy's moralizing Christian garbage shows through even more strongly than Dosto's

what if I'm not a intellectual/pseud and don't care and want something to just read pretty much to just to see what the big deal is
which book lives up to the hype more

I'm to drunk to give an accurate account of "hype." Go to fucking goodreads or whatever

oh boy, we got a real heavy hitter here, sorry to waste your time Mr. Hemingway

Book of the New Sun is my favorite book of all time. It is truly phenomenal, I haven't read War and Peace but I strongly recommend BOTNS.

Eh fucker, I'm not a statistics generator. Hype is positive public opinion, which you would get a better idea of by going on goodreads or some shit, not asking Veeky Forums, which only has a negative public opinion

>Eh fucker
don't be loco on me vato, I'm crazy ese

how old is this prude food?

I definitely will check the series out, looking for something to invest some time into and these are my top two choices. Book of the New Sun comes highly recommend by a lot of people, so it might be my first choice.

I finished Shadow and Claw a few days ago. It's basically 500 pages with very little payoff. There are some interesting set pieces but the characters are thin and the plot is predictable. I'm convinced that the best excuse for gene wolfe is as motivation for tackling the greeks

when do you think she will discover her sexuality? i feel like she's a sexual fiend waiting to be unleashed.

Tolstoy is a passive read, wolfe an active one. These fools who saw no pay off in Wolfe havent gone back and thought about his visions in chapter 2, the description of finding triskele, the position of Dorcas Tabitha in the bible, etc. More would spoil. Tolstoy if you are a pleb, wolfe if you have balls. If you don't like it, we can always check with the excruciation known as twin apricots.

Tell me how that predictable plot ends bro.

Depends. Are you planning on finishing it? If so read War and Peace. It's the better book and will do your character some good.
If you don't feel commited to reading the book whole from the start then go fuck off.

Kill yourselves.

>half way through the book
>durr why is there no payoff?

t. retard

yes I'm going to finish it, I just want something long and both of these have my interest