Just finished Moby-dick and enjoyed it a really fucking lot...

Just finished Moby-dick and enjoyed it a really fucking lot. Now I started reading Arthur Gordon Pym from Poe to satiate my hunger for sea adventure books. What are other essential /seacore/?

call of cthulhu! just a short story though

I am actually a pretty big Lovecraft fan but you're right.
Supernatural elements are very welcome, just thought of Terror by Dan Simmons

Aubrey Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian
The Riddle of the Sands
Some of Conrad's novels Typhpon, The Shadow Line, Victory, The Nigger of the Narcissus
The Sea Wolf

This unironically

The Aubrey–Maturin series by O'Brian
Horatio Hornblower Novels by CS Forester
Typhoon by Conrad
In the Heart of the Sea by Philbrick
The Atocha Odyssey by Cline
The Odyssey
The Perfect Storm
Treasure Island
Mutiny on the Bounty

Billy Budd
The Long Ships

>The Long Ships
This, and Saga of the Greenlanders

The Deep by Cutter
Jaws by Benchley is pretty great if you havent seen the movie.

>nigger of narcissus
kek'd and thanks for all the others. Are some supernatural elements in those novels? I'm ok if not but I would really love some sort of Pirates of Caribbean like book that would be actually good and without the goofiness. Some that would explore the myths and legends.

Oh and what about Jules Verne? Never read anything from him to be desu, with what should I start? I've read that there is a sequel of sorts to arthur gordon pym but that it is no longer in the eerie tekeli-li note it ended on.

Jules Verne is interesting because of his technological foresight, but his works are about on the level of a not-so-interesting lovecraft. Journey to the Center of the Earth has that awful 19th century pulp feel in reading.

>not-so-interesting lovecraft
Oh thanks for the redpill, that doesn't sound fun at all

Rime of the Ancient Marnier

- idiots

>tfw Dad read Robinson Crusoe, Treasure Island and Masterman Ready to you but you never progressed into adult /seacore/
I'm sorry ;_;

Hunting of the Snark

My father only read stuff like this once every few years, and I think i disappointed him by having no interest in baseball whatsoever.

Good dad desu. I never enjoyed those books as a kid and grew into them, it seems like we just have it reversed it

Are books about the sea essential dadcore? Why is that the case

From Conrad, also Lord Jim.

The many filmed versions of Frankenstein have led to the amnesiac side-effect that the entire frame narrative in the book is a tale of ocean exploration.

Don't forget about Rime of the ancient mariner. You can find a PDF easily

>no interest in baseball whatsoever

Give it time. After you've read for 20-30 years, you get bored of all the "monkey's tricks" and turn to things like athleticism and finance.

Literature is nice, but there's a point where it's just lingering way too long in someone else's dreams.

...I'm 35. I enjoy MMA and Olympic skiing but baseball is awful

Reading this to my kid this week

Jack London's The Sea-Wolf, The Ghost Pirates by William Hope Hodgson, and Rafael Sabatini, especially Captain Blood and The Sea-Hawk.