Graduate with a degree in English in April

Graduate with a degree in English in April.
Can't find work. Can't find work. Can't find work.
I guess Veeky Forums was right, I'll end up working as a convenience store clerk forever.

Get offered a job as a researcher leading to a patent writer earning $100,000 a year

HOLY FUCK, you guys are full of shit.

im a highschool dropout who trades shitcoins, and i make ore than that on a shit year

*more

>we start you at $15/hr.

and you stay at $15/hr.

forever chasing that promotion that "will come soon" :)

>Average $100K per year
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

This is why, even when you're working, you look at other jobs and even interview for some every couple of months, just to check your market value. Once you have good experience, you WILL get a better offer from someone else. This is when you ask for that promotion, and if you don't get it with the job you already have, then you can walk right the fuck out on 'em. With two weeks' notice, of course. You want to make sure that the other job's still open and that you don't look bad for the next next employer when you do this all over again.

It works especially well if you start young, and by young, I mean younger than 30. You might feel a little old sometimes, but knowing the demographic here, time is most likely still on your side.

>getting offered a writing job from someone who can't spell

Uh huh, it proves simply that writing jobs that pay well do exist and Veeky Forums is full of shit. That's my point.

Enjoy feeling superior for your math degree.

itt: english degree graduate proves to rest of Veeky Forums precisely how fucking retarded english degree graduates are by demonstrating a baffling degree of gullibility

Good on you man, let's not shit on degrees. Humanities can be great, STEM can be great. Make Veeky Forums great again, stop degree dick measuring.

If this person is a writer why is his writing so shit?

>start at $15/hr
i started at $35/hr
in a few years, i'll be at $50/hr
a few years after that, i'll be at $62.5/hr
all while doing work that i love

>yiur
>start out at $15
>average $100k

>reading comprehension
Try again

>Yiur
I wouldn't work for someone who cannot even proofread.

I got a job as a dishwasher leading to a CEO averaging $1.5 mill a year

>HOLY FUCK, you guys are full of shit.
And yiu can't recognize an obvious scam when you see one.

> researching prior art for patents.
Re - search prior art
>we need some body read a lot per week and could write decent way.
Yes hell job for unemployed English major.

Note please study laws, some patent lawyer could gets 300,000 to 500,000 per year or had own firm in patents, gets employee by big corps.

If you gonna read massive amount shit.

>get a degree in English instead of getting a degree in linguistics

Who does this?

I would say thats a pretty good job relatively in the field for an english major, at least hypothetically

Shitcoin life is best life tbqh familiarano. No college debt either.

>yiur
>starting at $15
>work way up to $25
how long do you think that's gonna take you?

This is makes sense, thanks for the advice user. Being a 26 yr old engineer who's just graduating, i feel old sometimes, but maybe i can still make it.

So I should take the first job he offered me is that what you're telling me? I should take the first job he offered me? As a technical writer for $20 an hour starting up to $45 an hour?

I'm sure you guys know more about a company you've never heard of led by a man you've never met before. It's so laughable, you guys are so insecure about yourselves the only way you can feel better about your lives is by belittling others but that doesn't work if they're just as good as you are and if English majors can make upwards of $100,000 that doesn't work.

You guys are pathetic.

For an English major, you write like a retard so I guess you are just an underage Veeky Forumsfag that hasn't even graduated high school but has something to prove on the fucking internet.

You seem angry. Please point to me on Teddy where Veeky Forums touched you.

macked o'nalds just offered me a job at one of their branches

they're CEOs earn hundreds of thousands a year!!!

wtf, are you OP? you can't even formulate an english sentence, let alone write for a living

trust me, my major IS writing

>writing jobs that pay well do exist
>feeling superior for your math degree.

I'm not quite seeing you connect the dots here, OP.
How does an English degree qualify you for a patent writer position?
More importantly, how is it a prerequisite?
I can't imagine the language part of the job is any more advanced than what they teach in high school, and the more advanced education is required in relation to law and/or engineering,

h-here