I'm 25

I'm 25

How long would it reasonably take me to learn conversational Spanish if I start from an incredibly base level? I can pretty much just say my name, ask where the bathroom is, and ask what other people like.

Is 25 too old to learn a new language if they're as similar as English and Spanish? I have a few friends that are bilingual and often say shit in Spanish around me like I'm not even there. I want to one day just surprise them and be like "Yeah I spoke spanish all this time you faggots."

I've often read that the brain cannot be taught something as different as language past the teenage years.

Are you getting deported José?

Too bad.

How is this a relevant response?

>thumbnail

You probably could, but it will be more effort than it would have been in high school. Learn enough Spanish to allow you to carry out a simple conversation on common topics, then visit some South American country for six months to really immerse yourself in the language.

/pol/ memelords have a compulsive urge to make everything worse for everyone involved. It's not his fault. He can't help himself.

>/pol/ memelords have a compulsive urge to make everything worse for everyone involved. It's not his fault. He can't help himself
La verdad es que soy Mexicano.
Y también soy de derecha.
¿Que? ¿No creías que es posible que una "minoria" no sea de izquierda?

Fucking retard.

Anyway.

In a dire emergency you could pick up broken Spanish in a matter of days. It wouldn't be pretty, but it'd be enough to ask for a bathroom, find a place to eat, things like that. Conversational level would likely take months to a year. You'd still make mistakes but you could get your point across and not get shot by the Sinaloa.

m8 I don't speak taco yet, I'm trying to learn.

A year isn't too bad.

It is possible, but very diffcult, mainly for two reasons:
-there can be MANY conjugations for just one verb
-the language can change drastically from country to country

Spanish is a diffcult language, but it is possible to learn it, at least at a conversational level

Its easier if you know another Latin-based language that is not English, e.g. German or French or Italian or Portuguese, to name the most common ones.

You can learn it fastest by just watching Spanish speakers on youtube, even if you dont understand it just watch it with captions

Lembrete diário que espanhol é uma merda em comparação ao português raça suprema.

maje andate a la mierda analfabeta estupido

this
the conjugations are very tricky

>German
>Latin based

leave this site because you apparently lack a funny bone.

>, then visit some South American country for six months to really immerse yourself in the language
I already live in Cali.

>conjugations
Spanish is one of the EASIEST languages to learn as a native english speaker. German, despite being a germanic language like English, is harder apparently to the US government. The absolute hardest languages are Japanese and Arabic for a native English speaker.

Of course you can learn a new language. About two years ago I knocked up my French girlfriend and now we're married and living in France. With almost no studying to speak of (I read 2/3 of a beginners french textbook) I have been able to pick up rudimentary conversational French just by ear.

For me, it was total immersion. For you it could be mostly study, complemented with hanging around your Spanish speaking friends.

It's not hard; It just requires time.

you're not too old, don't be a fag

>analfabeta
>omitted several grammar rules himself

Get fucked.
I speak both languages fluently.

I don't think you can learn to speak it so easily. I've been doing Duolingo and Memrise Spanish as a hobby for almost two years. Highly recommended. I'm proud of my ability to read Spanish. But my speaking skillls are just terrible. To get that, I think you need daily practice with an actual speaker.

Listen to Desk-pa-cheetos