When you reread the books you hated as a child and you realise they deserve their praise

>When you reread the books you hated as a child and you realise they deserve their praise

Destruction of Academia when?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_hand#The_Theory_of_Moral_Sentiments
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

holy shit we must redpillpeople to the evil of academia its simply destroying white civilization by making us believe false things that are quite simply ideological means to make sure that whinteness is disappearing and being genocided and destroying moral decency thats why you see women with blacks, pepe the frogman is our ally and he will help us through meme magic and lord kek his cousin who is also redpilled

No. Academia should be destroyed because it makes no sense for people, in an age of the internet, to be taught things they hate rather than allowing them to foster a love and interest for themselves.

try a redpill and see the truth

Your cringey meming doesn't work here, brainlet. I'm not from /pol/.

>Destruction of Academia when?
It only needs serious reform.

Reform doesn't work. It never does.

It must be made free to the individual to educate himself in the manner he wants.

>Destruction of Academia
Academia is a business (a big one at that), welcome to the free market babby, if you dont like what this persons peddling, step right up to the next vendor and try their wares: if you dont like what anyone has to sell, sell your own if it is so intrinsically True and Better, the Hidden Hand will pat you on the back.

Stop pushing concepts you don't understand.

The Hidden Hand was NEVER used by Adam Smith in the context you are using it.

You'll grow out of worshipping the free market one day, brainlet.

>It must be made free to the individual to educate himself in the manner he wants.
It never would be effective. There needs to be some guidance to ensure that concepts are being understood.
>Academia is a business (a big one at that)
I think most of the problems with it stem from this.

Self-education already works. You're not hip to the times. Millions are already using the internet to educate themselves based on online guides created by others.

It may work, but it isn't conducive to a functioning society. We need a way of knowing that the knowledge obtained has been properly understood and that it's relevant. Self-education provides no way of ensuring this. The big problem with academia is that some of it's social functions hurt a great deal of people, but because it is necessary for our society to function, no change will ever occur.

Already happened, unfortunately

>destruction
No. You'll make a New Academia if you try to "destroy" the old one.

It ends when you annihilate the power that "Learning" has over you

>We need a way of knowing that the knowledge obtained has been properly understood and that it's relevant.
>We need a way of knowing that the knowledge obtained has been properly known

You mean, we need "professors" to teach us self-censorship? Fuck that, actually, I stick my dick in that idea

>slav school
>implying I'm gonna read War and Peace and cram Onegin as a 12 year old kid when Warcraft 3 just came out

Warcraft III is a more literary pursuit than War and Peace.

There's a very good chance that even an intelligent person can misunderstand something with the proper guidance. I know you're just trolling me, and it's a shame because this is a topic worth discussing.

>There's a very good chance that even an intelligent person can misunderstand something with the proper guidance.

You're right about that. Although I'll assume you meant "without" and continue on that basis.

I am not arguing that discourse isn't useful, it is one of the most powerful tools for understanding. Rather, meaningful and useful discourse (discourse or intercourse among or between peers) becomes a tool of humiliation and forced control when "professors" (derived from Latin, literally meaning "outward confessors") are placed at the forefront. Your professor is your priest, he or she can be nothing more.

Stand in the pew and flash your ass to the crucifix!

I find it hilarious that you think children would ever just study on their own if they didn't have the structure of school. And I also find it hilarious if you think they wouldn't choose to study the easiest shit possible instead of something that could turn into an actual career.

What should (have) happen(ed) (since the 50s) is The Best Teachers record themselves giving their best lectures, and then universities could have a fraction of the teachers; students would watch the lectures, and if they had any questions or problems, 1 or so live teacher would go to them and help them. But thats not le muh profit able.

Then there is VR and the Holograms.

Guys, I caught one! look out, hes a BIG SUCKER! Guard your privates boys, he looks like hes gonna blow, being a puffer and all

Destruction of academia because you were (still are) a pseud? Oh no stop the presses people actually evolve their tastes when they get older destroy all college cus dey fuld me into bein a dumdum

Why do you think that's not profitable? That's ridiculously profitable. Labor costs go way down theoretically.

Half of what you learn in school is irrelevant. It isn't even meant to be relevant at this point, it's just supposed to give a work ethic, something staying at home and working already did and did much better

Well there are great channels on youtube and online that does legit stuff (khan academy) and like online stay at home universities.

And, most of the college/university serious degree uses lots of resources and equipment that the school has and has access too.

It would be less profitable, well I guess I was even thinking if you wouldnt need to go to school, because everything can just be done video chat. But its all about the rare, valuable, large, explosive, numerous, equipment and material, schools offer. (amongst other things)

in all seriousness, what was the context he meant it in?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_hand#The_Theory_of_Moral_Sentiments

It was used in an essay entirely unrelated to what people talk about today.

There is no mention of the term anywhere in Wealth of Nations. People who continue to push such arguments are deeply ignorant and probably watch Youtube videos of Milton Friedman on a daily basis.

When I say,
>There is no mention of the term anywhere in Wealth of Nations

I don't mean never, it appears once but NOT in the context free-market retards use it in.

>When you reread the books you hated as a child and you realise they deserve their praise

Hasn't happened yet. The only classic left that I hated as a child and haven't reread yet is James Fennimore Cooper's Last of the Mohicans. Most recently I reread Fahrenheit 451, which I dropped only about 1/4 of the way through when it was assigned back when I was in middle school. Still really didn't like it this time around (about 11 or 12 years later), but I did finish it. The short story it grew out of, The Pedestrian, is much better; Bradbury should've just left it alone.