DIY healthcare

Any med students out there able to give me a diagnosis? Before you state the obvious I'm in leaf land and my family doctor only practices 12 hours out of the entire week.

Primary symptom: Numbness and pain in left foot, most prominent in big toe. Soreness back of knee joint. Left leg becomes tired very quickly, way before the right leg. Symptoms showed 2 months ago.

Possible secondary symptom is difficulty sleeping regardless of how tired I am. I'm lucky these days to get 3-4 hours of sleep between shifts or during my off days.

I went through a job change earlier in the year which makes me way more active. I spend a lot of time walking around and going up and down stairs in construction boots. I work rotating day and night shifts.

Doctor suggested low b12 levels when she ordered the blood test so I've been taking b12 supplements for about 2 weeks

Diabetes?

The picture is my blood test results.

Help plz

Isn't blood pH supposed to be like 7.4?

That's urine pH shown.

What's your height and bodyweigt

it's consistent with iron deficiency, not b12 but those values are not too out of range. could be compartment syndrome that causes ischemic pain, get looser boots probably.

6ft-6ft1"
193lbs

I've been on vacation for 7 days now, not doing anything physically active either. Still showing symptoms.

there's not much to advise then, your doctor will order an ultrasound of the leg to check for this, your stats are normal. didn't you get an electrolyte panel done too?

I'm in commiecuck leaf land, I'll be lucky if she tells me to take iron supplements after waiting for 2 hours to see her on the one day that she's open for. Our healthcare system will do literally nothing until my leg starts falling off from rot.

Is the leg warmer, more swollen, less hair, or diifferent skin color than the other? Are your pedal pulses palpable?

Could be something chronic like non diabetic peripheral neuropathy or symptoms of right sided heart failure. Did she do a cardiac enzyme work up or bnp? Have you had an ecg recently? Have you gotten a le US done? D-dimer? Whats your bp usually?

idk why she didn't order electrolytes in addition to the gen chem. She prob isnt worried. From what limited labs she attained everything looks fine. With no info regarding your physical assessment or diagnostics you would be discharged from any hospital within 5min

The leg has much less hair for a 1/3r'd of the shin above the ankle, no issues with color or temp. I get a strong pulse from the top of both feet. Left leg has always had issues with being more tense/ I find it really hard to relax the leg when I'm not active.

I lost like 40lbs over the past year and blood pressure dropped into the normal range for the first time since I was a kid.

Haven't had anything other than this blood test; normally I wouldn't even pay attention to the symptoms but it stops me from being able to do my job and then sleep. I was at the point where I was getting no sleep at all despite lying in bed for like 6 hours before I gave up. A bit better now that I'm on vacation, but I'm still awake for like 2/3rds of the night.

If it's not a bacterial infection there's nothing that can be done. Just take some antibiotics, that's the only thing these medcucks can do other than recommend surgery and dope you up. Pet stores sell them as Fish Tank antibiotics, its the same stuff.

My white blood cell count seems normal according to the test.

huh

It's probably down's syndrome

hey medfags.

is it possible to study a medical field, then get that sweet $$$, and live off working, like, 15 hours a week? I don't care about money but if I can use a high earning job to work less Id be happy.

wait.... that sounds too good to be true...

It's not possible to give a diagnosis without more history and an examination. But it sounds most likely like L5 & S1 nerve root compression from a spinal disc protrusion. See an osteopath who will get you a diagnosis and/or get an MRI. If you have a protusion/herniation/prolapse (there are differences but the terms are often found being used interchangeably) the osteopath may be able to take some of the pressure off, and advise on exercise and management.

Sounds like a fracture that never healed properly. Get a CT

For fuck's sake...where in leafland do you live? Bumfuck, Manitoba? Move to BC - I've never had to wait for a dr. appointment.

>fell for the comp sci meme degree
>land 100k+ year job
>get burnt out from bad management and open office floor plan
>ask if I go can part time, they agreed
>now working 3 days a week for ~65k per year

Pretty sweet deal tbqh as I don't need the money and have literally 0 responsibilities like a mortgage or wife and kids

Get an actual competent doctor who knows clinical semiology, fucking makes me mad these retards who prescribe empirically useless stuff and without lab tests don't know or suspect shit beyond the basics. Med student by the way.

>get burnt out from bad management and open office floor plan

This is honestly what fucks people a lot. good management can only be experienced when you've faced godawful management personally and open office is a meme. It isn't bad persay but office furniture just hasn't adapted to it properly.

>Just take some antibiotics
please do not take antibiotics without knowing your condition is bacterial. overuse of antibiotics is so fucking stupid and can lead to really fucked up gut microbe balance

diagnosis: fat fuck

treatment: lose weight

Do you have a tick on your body? Check all your skin. They are hard to find in the scalp.

happened to me too.
>engineer
>work at shitty company, but good pay for amount of work
>suddenly switch to open floor plan
>2 people resigned in the last year
>hire 3 niggas that can only be explained by affirmative action
>they do nothing, and all their problems fall to me and 12 other guy
>work suddenly more than doubled for same pay
>have to spend all my time at work in same room as these guys watching youtube all day at full volume
>that cant possible last more than 1 year, theyll be gone after the performance review
>nope, they get same bonus as me because the work my manager gave me is attributed to them sicne it was actually their responsibility
>decide fuck at and quit
>saved up lots of money
>start farming chickens
>make only quarter of what I used to make
>but only work 1h a day + 4 full days a month
>no more 1h long commutes
>no more shitty bosses and open office plan
>get to spend 8h more a day shitposting here and mastrubating
>Neighbors on both sides of my small farm are also ex engineers with similar complaints
STEM is a meme

>12 other guy
*1 other guy

nice results you got there user, why did she suggested b2 supplements?

Toronto

You can't just get real doctors, you have to be referred to them by a family doctor or the ER first.

A tick would be the size of a balloon after almost 2 months of feeding on me.

it is not tick, his wbc would be up, fewer, characteristic rash and articular pain

get sleeping pills and sleep at least 7hours, pain will go away

She just mentioned low b12 could be a problem, I googled it and decided it couldn't hurt to try before I got around to doing the blood test.

I realize this could have just thrown off the test results but I didn't see any improvement in 2 weeks or whatever of taking them.

mcv and mch are low, they should be high in pernicious anemia, dunno, sleep more

>no nature
>no intensity
>no aggravating/alleviating factors
>no list of treatments tried prior
>no medical, surgical and the tiniest amount of social hx
Shit patient is shit

A nerve got crushed or it gets put under stress too often. Go get scans. If left untreated your leg will stop being functional

She mentioned it as a placebo as you are a physically healthy but neurotic mess who's convinced there's more of a problem than there really is.

Sounds like a vascular disease

Blood exams, urine exams, liver exams, renal exams, they're all fucking useless in your case. Considering your context, the first step is to get imaging studies.

>general numbness in left foot, pronounced in big toe, pain and soreness back of knee joint, leg gets tired quickly and always feels unrested
>Not that bad but enough that on my second consecutive day of work I'm unable to run up stairs anymore
>work aggravates it, I walk alot and run up stairs alot
>no problems or treatments prior
>I'm a young shut in, have 0 medical history or problems

Sounds likely. I need to convince the doctor, last time she wanted to send me to physiotherapy without having any clue as to what was wrong.

I work rotating 12 hours shifts where I run up and down the stairs of a massive power plant. I know when my leg is not working right.

My first thought was a circulation problem, I tried aspirin for a few days until I got sharp stabbing pains in my stomach. Fuck aspirin.

I'm back on shift tonight, will see the doc tomorrow afternoon and if my problem is getting worse or not.