Reading a book

>reading a book
>the editor has purged it of any trace of Oxford Comma

It's just so easy on the eyes to not have to mentally filter that punctuation error out.

>it's a let's find the grammar autistics who want to argue about this yet again episode

The Oxford comma is indefensible. Grammar autists stand united on this topic, it's used as a pleb filter to expose the uneducated.

Now make it singular.

Since both can be used to create literary ambiguity, the law of punctuation functionality dictates that you use the least amount to be clear. Ergo, no Oxford comma.

>pleb status: filtered

I don't think anyone would interpret the first one the way this image does.

Except it's 100% grammatically sound and in fairness, in the previous example you'd have to be a blithering retard to think strippers referred to both of them, but that example is grammatically correct too.

>Grammar Nazi post.
>Doesn't capitalise proper nouns.

the examples are just overt and silly in the first place but the original at least has a coherent if flawed argument. the edit is just nonsense.

>I am a prophet

that picture is completely retarded.

How is the edit nonsense? It's perfectly grammatically correct and uses the same supposition as the one before it. Your anal pain over the Oxford comma being debunked doesn't change what's correct or not.

the commas separate jfk and stripper, there is no possible way someone with a functioning brain would combine the two.

>same posting styles
>same criticism
>poster count doesn't change

Hmm.

this thread is a circlejerk but still

First one is WRONG

Except that's how English works. Like the following:

I'm posting in a thread talking to a retard, you, and some other people. In this case, the retard refers to you.

l2adjectiveclause

In the first example, the comma separates the strippers and politicians. If you made the leap that it was a nonessential adjective clause in the first, why would you not follow the exact same literary law in the second example where the Oxford comma creates ambiguity?

You can't defend one and condemn the other for using the exact same rule.

Only a retard such as yourself would need to bring unnecessary punctuation into the sentence in the first place.

>I'm posting in a thread talking to a retard, you, and some other people. In this case, the retard refers to you.

In this case, the retard and you would be separate entities.

If you follow the posts it's clear I was never defending the first, just condemning the second.

did stalin erase jfk?

I struggle to read things without the Oxford comma, it is absolutely essential

Both are correct though.

Just use whichever one you want and add a snarky footnote about the english language. Jesus, you'd think no one here had read any DFW.*

*DFW, the abbreviation commonly used to refer to author David Foster Wallace, who on occasion referred to himself, in that style of self-deprecating irony that only the anti-ironists can ever seem to manage, as a SNOOT, or "Syntax Nudnik of Our Time," which you have to agree is a lot more catchy.

>Tfw still don't know how to use commas, even after watching a trillion informational videos about it on the tubes.

Except that retard is being used as an adjective and therefore isn't a separate entity.

>argues about commas being used wrong
>used commas wrong in his post

"...has a coherent, if flawed, argument."

Let's get rid of full stops, capitals for proper nouns, paragraphs, and every other form of punctuation we've invented. They're all so cumbersome.

Use them like a musical rest that lasts half a beat. That's all they're good for.

all literature should be the final chapter of Ulysses. after all, it's so much easier to digest!

Anyone who doesn't think that is the easiest prose to follow is a complete pleb. Punctuation is indefensible.

Punctuation separates the intellects from the mentally-impaired, the diligent from the slob.

There was one book by Steinbeck or some shit with no punctuation through out big paragraphs I felt no feels or intonation had to reread entire pages worth of shit how do u get published while you write and exchange information like a neanderthal?