What is metastability?

what is metastability?

Depends... what is consciousness?

No fags here will know

Depends..what is a faggot?

You ?

then you are my asshole's consciousness

Evolution of weakly coupled systems along a heteroclinic channel. Unresolved instability and critical slowing.

Huh? There no better threads to troll wagecuck?

you are the one derailing the thread low life form

Answer the thread question cock boy

Fair enough.

If the energy states of a coupled system are drawn on a graph, you will see there are hills and valleys. The lowest of these points is called the ground energy state of a system, that has the configuration that allows the system to maintain this.

Now if we are talking about dynamical systems, given with the initial energy given to a system from some source, the system can traverse through these hills and valleys. In such a state, if the initial energy is high enough (or low enough, depends on which side of the valley you are starting from), the system's state may get stuck in another valley. This valley would have a higher energy level than the other valley I've mentioned, yet the energy remaining would not allow the system to escape it. Without additional energy, the system will stay indefinitely in that higher energy valley. That is called metastability.

As pointed out:
These metastability points are weakly coupled systems and the absolute minimum states are strongly coupled systems. The latter has a greater stability and that's the reason why we call the former "metastable".

And the entropy? How do we minimize free energy

Through organizing and building more complex materials,AKA information

Hmm i see. Saddlepoints

>materials
or systems but you catch my drift

You've got it lad. Watch Strogatz' Nonlinear Dynamics course on YouTube

So is the brain a metastabke system?

Faux-stability, like your mental condition.

No. Madness is.

Or my cock

Brilliant Mycock Holmes