What's your favourite fish?

I don't like fish all that much but as far as fish goes I never tasted a better fish that mahi-mahi (it's also known by a host of other names).

What is your favourite fish?

And please don't say salmon. I find salmon to have too rich a taste. I cannot eat too much of it before my body says "no more".

Speckled trout or flounder probably, but that's probably because they are the tastiest ones I can catch.

Freshwater - walleye
Ocean oily - mackeral
Ocean white flesh - speckled trout

Tuna is GOAT, but mercury is a thing to worry about with those if you eat it too often. Beer-battered flounder is fucking fantastic.

Alaskan salmon

Correct answer. Sac-a-lait is up there too.

Wild catfish

Mangrove Jack, crumbed, and fried in butter.

I really like red snapper, walleye, Maryland Rockfish, broiled/fried sardines, sea bass, halibut, and battered cod, but fuck me, OP. I can hardly enjoy anything better than seared King Salmon filet or Bluefin Tuna in sushi.

Smoked haddock.
Cod.
Tuna mayo and cucumber sandwiches are nice.
Prawns.

mackeral or bream

>Tuna mayo and cucumber sandwiches are nice.
tuna, mayo and cucumber sushi rolls are too

John Dory is the ultimate fish meat.
When you fillet it, it has 3 'bands' of meat, each with a unique texture, all delicious

Behold! The flutefish. It's OK.

Any red fish

Fillet. Two l's.

I always went with the French pronunciation because that's what I read in fishing and culinary books, but I guess it could go either way. I'm also American raised by Southern parents, if that matters.

Flathead is breddy gud.

le monkefish
almost whenever i get the chance at a restaurant

Im in NZ and bluecod from way down south is amazing. It's like the tail meat from a cray (rock lobster) but far nicer.
Not sure if it exists in other waters under different names.

swordfish for me, i love swordfish

I eat like a can of tuna every day and have been for like the past two weeks, should i be worried?

trout

No love for Dover Sole?

Milkfish
Red tilapia

Orange Roughy by ten miles, best fish ever to inhabit the seas.

That is one ugly and scary son of a bitch. I usually hate knwoing what most fish look like, aside from says wordfish or sea bass, but that fucker and alligator gar are downright scary looking.

Has anyone ever tried blob fish before?

Sardine, swordfish, catfish, anchovy

You're one reason we get a ton of shit on this board.

Flounder

Mojarra is pretty good. Had it way back when on Southern Mexico, I had the entire fish grilled, then prepared the meat in tacos with red onions, salt, lime, and shrimp.

Tilapia or gtfo

Hum that got to be red mullet and sole (not sure if that's the english name)

>And please don't say salmon. I find....
You're asking us what OUR favorite fish is, what does that have to do with what YOU like?

I'm not going to lie. I just really like salmon. I know it's not particularly unique, or hipstery, to consider it a favorite, but it just is. Closely followed by herring.

Dial it back to about 2-3 cans a week and you'll be fine long-term.

What is the ugliest tasty fish?

eelpout

monkfish
why it's fallen out of favor in the past few decades is beyond me

Fucking disgusting.

I hope you enjoy your Chinese raised shit eating fish.

I like Alaskan polock.

Overfishing. They'll hella expensive now.

Also millennial faggots are scared to eat them

they only heal 16hp

>eating trash fish
You might as well eat tilapia. Mahi are sport fish at best.

Eel

>swai
>$1 for a giant filet

based

I can see why. They look scary.