Be me

>be me
>youngest grad student in the new lab at 24 years old
>am Ph.D with a Masters while others are 28-35 year old masters (I don't think this makes me special btw)
>have a "lab manager" (what the fuck does that even mean)
>she's a 28 year old girl who got her Master's 2 years ago and apparently just takes care of organizing the monkey work undergrads do and filling out order forms
>feels the need to exercise her "authority" constantly
>every time I ask her a question about how the shitty beaurocracy things work around here she stares at me like I have downs for asking a question and acts like everything should be obvious

If that's how it is, then I'm not even gonna talk to her or ask questions if she's gonna be that much of a bitch. Is this a good idea to just ignore her? I came from a Master's lab without a "lab manager" so the concept is totally foreign to me anyway. Is she threatened by me? Is me being the younger, more advanced in their career student making her insecure and feel the need to prove "hurr durr I am smert I have da authority"? What do I do? Everyone else I've ever interacted with in grad school has been cool.

Yes, ignore her and make her feel like it's a privilege granted to her by you when you interact with her.

ask her on a date

Ignore her.

You know what to do

Give her the d-doctorate treatment

EXPRESS YOUR PHENOTYPE TO MOISTURIZE HER

PANTIES

Give it to her, user

she clearly centers her self esteem on that position, avoid feeding her ego as much as possible

Reason I stay away from academic fields with lots of stacies and roasties. Call engineering for faggots but at least we don't have stupid women talking down to us like we're subhuman. Only reason I voted Trump was because I wasn't ready to have a woman dictate what laws should pass and what shouldn't. Women belong at home caring for kids and making me dinner.

Umm you clearly are a virgin. How about you try being nice to her instead you fucking autist? Women exist in science, deal with it.

Evaluate how much power she actually has over you, i.e. can she throw you out of the lab, can she make your life really difficult, can you change labs without much hassle?

If you answer these questions, then you should get an idea on how confrontational you can be to her. Usually there is not much harm in just playing along and pretend to take her seriously, but should she start to interfere with your work I'd escalate.

>be me
>youngest grad student in the new lab at 24 years old
>am Ph.D with a Masters while others are 28-35 year old masters (I don't think this makes me special btw)
>he's a 28 year old guy who got his Master's 2 years ago and apparently just takes care of organizing the monkey work undergrads do and filling out order forms
>feels the need to exercise his "authority" constantly
>every time I ask him a question about how the shitty beaurocracy things work around here he stares at me like I have downs for asking a question and acts like everything should be obvious

If that's how it is, then I'm not even gonna talk to him or ask questions if he's gonna be that much of a dick. Is this a good idea to just ignore him? I came from a Master's lab without a "lab manager" so the concept is totally foreign to me anyway. Is he threatened by me? Is me being the younger, more advanced in their career student making him insecure and feel the need to prove "hurr durr I am smert I have da authority"? What do I do? Everyone else I've ever interacted with in grad school has been cool.

show her your Ph.Dick

>Being so inexperienced you don't know how much work goes into basic lab organization

here's questions mixed with advice from a girl

1) Do you smell bad? Wear the same clothes every time you see her? I find it harder to be nice to gross guys honestly, regardless of how nice or intelligent they are, and I've never met another girl growing up (unless they were gross) who didn't feel the same. You don't need to be a great smelling, attractive chad, but bathe regularly and do your laundry. Spraying axe or something over body odor doesn't help either. And before anyone is like "t. shallow roastie hurrrr" I'm just being honest and I think most people like that simply don't self-assess and realize how gross they are.

2) Has she caught you staring at her? Or have you done anything that she might interpret as showing sexual interest? She might be constantly like omg what a creep, even if you gave her little reason to feel that way. If she is below a 6/10 this is probably not the case. Either way: ignore her

3) If she is not an active student and that's just a job to her, she might hate it and wish she was working on her own project. Does she act this way when other people ask her questions? If yes, it's just envy. Ignore her and don't take it personally.

5) Is she asian/indian/arab? Being a subhuman AND a woman will add up to quite the inferiority complex in a male dominated field, so you should just ignore and avoid her at all costs and go over her head. (after evaluating her power over you as suggested).

6. If you can't go over her head, completely ignore her unless you absolutely have to interact with her, then be a bit snarky back.. Like "ok.. how was I supposed to know that" and just be short with responses like "k" If she's just a power hungry bitch, you being polite and even seemingly apologetic for "bothering" her (aka expecting her to do her job) only makes her feel more empowered.

I already said I get what she does I just think it's basically organizing monkey work in a biology lab and it's a waste of money the professor could do herself

I think I don't smell bad I bathe regularly and try not to come off as gross. She is kinda cute Hispanic girl so maybe she does think I stare at her even though I try to make a conscious effort not to. People have told me they think I can seem like a creeper though even though most people tend to like me once they get to know me and just realize I'm a bit awkward. I dunno I think I can ignore her

I don't hate her because she's a girl I hate her because she's a condescending bitch to me.

why are you even asking these questions? even if OP is a smelly dickwad, like he probably is, he's just going to pretend he isn't so that we all rage with him

more than likely OP ironically thinks everyone else is insecure of his intelligence

Larger or well-funded labs will often have a manager, who typically has a master's degree, has been with the PI for a while and is intimately familiar with the work the lab does, and does exactly what you describe: deal with undergrads and handle the day-to-day management of the wet lab while the PI focuses on other things.

Sounds like you've never been in a decently sized lab, and to be a PhD student not knowing these things probably would be a bit annoying. A lot of people coming in to grad school have worked in these sorts of labs as an undergrad. Frankly you sound like an entitled cunt, and I'd be condescending to you too.

>youngest grad student
>am Ph.D
doesn't follow m8

also lab managers are critical to labs if they're doing their jobs right. we couldn't live without ours

I was in a small lab for my masters. Both my current PI and old one are young and not that well established. I don't ask her about tons of shit she does I just ask her about the piles of paperwork this shitty place has me do that my previous one didn't and she treats me like a retard. im new to the whole fking university like give me a break

Okay cool I get it she does a job I do a job too why does she have to be a cunt about it mine doesn't involve organizing mundane bullshit so when I ask a question why is it so hard to just give me an answer. I don't treat anyone like that even if the question is stupid from an undergrad I just answer it like a decent coworker

>5) Is she asian/indian/arab? Being a subhuman AND a woman will add up to quite the inferiority complex
Uh, none of those groups is usually stereotyped stupid/bad at science outside of poo in loo /int/ memes. In fact, the big meme in society is that Asians are the best at math.

Tits or gtfo

subscribed to this blog

how'd you get your phd so young?

I think he's a phd student.

>tfw too stupid for a masters
>barely passed undergrad after 7 years
I should have worked at a grocery store out of highschool and never went to school

You're frogposting, which probably means you're some creeper/NEET-looking manchild. Generally puts you on any woman's "avoid or be a cunt to" shitlist

Best bet: wear some cologne, always look as well groomed as your can, ignore her, let her try to provoke you.

Honestly I think you're viewing her more of as an obstacle than an asset. If you could befriend her you could easily use her as your own personal secretary to basically do everything you would ever need to do on an administrative level for you.
Now I'm assuming she isn't a complete bitch, but on the off chance she isn't all you need to do is get your shit together and she could be an invaluable asset.

It's a misconception that women want to be in power, they want to be secretaries but to men who possess a greater level of power. Be a powerful man and use her to keep lesser men than you in line.

Should have *gone* and judging by your grammar I agree

>doing your phd in a lab
I'm so sorry

This. That's what brainlets do at my uni because they don't have the choice and have to settle for shitty experimental physics. Also, they are even less likely to land a tenured position than in pure maths, despite the much better prospects, because they're usually not-so-good. They just can't admit that at this point, it is better not to complete a PhD at all and an hero instead

Roastie beef, get the fuck out.

...it even means she writes the reports and the personnel evaluations,
which in turns means you kiss her ass to retain your job.

Did anyone think about getting a position in Saudi Arabia?

no only about dropping atomic bombs on saudi arabia

> t poltard

Yeah I go to an American Engineering school (pls no bully) thats 80% white and the people here still don't understand classical mechanics as Freshman.
I actually had a guy freak out when assigned to find the values of the other trig. functions given cos x = - 3/5
Feels bad man

youre 25 dont lie

please be my gf

ama about saudi, I'm a national and currently living there

mudslime plz go

>white woman
>can't count

checks out

idk man do you need to rely on her? i always try to rely on my superiors as little as possible while volunteering to be their bitch when i absolutely have to. it tends to keep them off my back because they respect me more, and gets me into the track to authority. the downside is you kind of end up being someone's bitch and you have to suck it up and deal with it.

>try to understand where she's coming from
this is the worst advice i've ever read. fucking women.

I shall not

>Everyone studies math or physics

>I bathe regularly

The answer to that question is not regularly it's every morning you disgusting fuck

>regardless of how nice or intelligent they are
Of course, its not a suprise that there will be even less intelligent and nice people in the near future and women will be once again treated like the cattle they are as it seems that they truly love it.

everyone who's worth considering obv
rest is garbage and certainly not phd-worthy except perhaps for meds, sorry

>it's /pol/ to hate a country actively aiding in the growth of islamic terrorism, is a massive component of the oil industry, are some of the richest people on the planet not by any virtue or industry of their own but just because britain was fucking stupid and gave resource rights and a free ticket to being a world power to a bunch of evil backwards dirt farmers, builds entire cities dedicated to hubris and excess complete with towers of babel, which beheads women convicted of adultery (the required proof for this under sharia law: her husband and a few of the husband's friends need to say so), and employs tax slavery against immigrants to do all the dangerous work in the country

>1, 2, 3, 5, 6
>literally unable to count
Typical. Don't you feel stupid now little rostie? I do like your moxxy though, even for an uppity cunt - because lets face it, subhuman arab/orientals/poos really do ruin the atmosphere of the lab, even in small numbers. Having to pretend like you understood wtf they just said outta their mongrel snout, no desire to communicate properly leaves me just pretending to understand them, i just worry that one day they will have something important to say. Their teeth and b/o is the worst though. Trying to not let your utter contempt for them flash through your eyes.

>He gets into bed dirty
ewww, do you change your bed sheets daily?

What is easier, to get a math/stats/cs/etc -related job, or the position in university?

> it's /pol/ to hate a country actively aiding in the growth of islamic terrorism,
> It is terrorism only when muslims do it.

> which beheads women convicted of adultery (the required proof for this under sharia law: her husband and a few of the husband's friends need to say so), and employs tax slavery against immigrants to do all the dangerous work in the country
Nothing wrong, sounds like heaven to me.

What did you study in those 7 years?

>Do you smell bad?

what the fuck does it matter you roastie cunt, I'm in uni to research my autistic mathematical mind games, not to smell good

I fucking hate women, jfc you superficial creatures

clearly you dont know anything about bioinformatics, computing, and the modern facets of biology

typical autistic physics/math student too autistic to see outside his tiny irrelevant field

If you are a beta male, you are lower than dirt to woman, working with one in that setting is hell.

t. low test autist.

what are you even trying to illustrate here???

this

top tier bait, well done

This is only a problem if you don't learn how to become a man and/or get real world experience first.