>2017
>Not realizing that Computer Science is the best major by far

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/home.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends on the specialization. Webdev is currently being fucked by automation, as will other specializations, although much slower than most other kinds of jobs. Pure CS is safe pretty much forever though

By what measure?
Income?
Sure.
Learning actually cool things?
No, that would be Math and/or Physics.

>actual cool things
>software isn't cool
>computers aren't cool
>logic isn't cool
>calculators aren't cool

No because computer science has the most free resources online than anything I've ever seen. The best degree would be one that you couldn't just learn for free, make a GitHub, and look better than 98% of computer science BS holders.

>Webdev
>Computer science
It's like saying a cashier is applied mathematican. But I suppose it is true that some CS students take webdev jobs after graduation

>itt: freshmen cant tell the difference between job postings and majors

I must be a brainlet because I don't understand your post. Can't tell the difference between job postings and majors?

>A fucking lesbian vegetable

I agree.
At my college web dev is (I'm pretty sure) only associates (2 year degree) with mostly no coding other than html and a little java, with no calculus required according to my ex co-worker.

This seems reasonable. I don't disrespect webdevs, they are needed too, conversely I will not be disrespected by some webdev who claims they studied CS.

In any case it is clear that CS is, if we disregard pretenders, top tier. I repeat what I usually say: anyone who blatantly say CS is brainlet degree is clearly comparing some webdev degree at their own subpar "college", for if they'd attend a respectable university then they'd know CS is a solid degree.

Electrical enginnering with physics is superior though!

He's implying that OP favours computer science because employers are looking for computer scientists.
In society CS is understood to be programming, whereas in academia it's rather theoretical and does not necessarily include any programming at all.
The poster's picture is about some more academic job listing, in which the writer has deemed it necessary to distinguish programming from computer science by noting that the latter is more about mathematics than programming.

Don't waste your time majoring in CS just for Rajesh to come in and take your job and work for pennies a day.

Computers are a tool, a means to an end. If you aren't teaching yourself compsci and majoring in something else such as business or even EE, physics, pmath, amath, economics etc. you're only wasting your time.

it's not even the best major that contains the word "computer"

CompE, Computer Engineering aka EECS/ECE

How misguided can one be?

EECS + Mathematical Physics = Veeky Forums Master Race

You are making up scenarios. You are weak.

Where do you think computers come from

I majored in CS because it was easy and I had taught myself everything while in highschool. Had a comfy job for a while, lost it when employer realized that an Indian without a CS degree does just as well for less.

You are most likely a white high school or college student who likes to circle jerk about IQ in their free time on a Mongolian basket weaving forum. You do not have a place in this world.

They are manufactured by Chinese companies using techniques developed by people with a variety of degrees. However, compsci is the least valuable of those degrees. The jobs done by a CS grad can be done by anyone with industry experience.

Look at you. You're browsing Veeky Forums because of some delusion that you are intelligent. You have no ability to determine who is misguided and who is not.

I am currently majoring in Electrical engineering, how does it compare to computer science or software engineering in terms of job prospects and income?

amen bruther
I can program dank data structures and at the same time do complex analysis suck my feet you gay ass donkeys

You are making up stories again. I'm BSc CS, MSc physics and just got a job as researcher at scientific institution. But yeah, I have never lost my job to an Indian.

EE can take CS & SoftE Jobs. While CS can not take EE jobs. So EE is give you more job options. However EE is harder.
>
Computer Hardware Engineering (intersection between EE & CS) is the 2nd best paid Engineering degree after Petrochemical Engineering.
>Source: bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/home.htm
In CS pay varies a lot. Research pays the most. Web Dev Code monkeying pays the least.
CS has more jobs now. EE has less jobs.
But be aware that there is a risk Economic Tech Bubble. CS & EE ironically can be automated. CS & EE can kill their own jobs.
Pajeet outsource is also a big problem. Most companies choose outsource EECS jobs to Poor EECS Pajeets willing to earn half of US minimum wage.
There are good jobs in EECS now. But the future is uncertain.

>Implying anyone with a master's degree would be on Veeky Forums
Gtfo larper

Nope, not lying actually. Network engineer at jewgle, lost my job to an Indian guy.
>At scientific institution
Given you fail to use determiners I am pretty sure you are Indian, and I highly doubt a scientific research institution would accept any researchers who cannot even speak properly.

I do believe you lost your job to an Indian, for I do not assume that you're lying. But you do make up stories about who I am.

Are we really gonna point out grammatical errors (due to writing sloppily on a cellphone)? Bitch please

computer science is so fucking easy you don't even need to major in it to get a job

Funny, 2017 is the year I switched from CS to math.