What you reading and drinking, il/lit/erates...

What you reading and drinking, il/lit/erates? It's about time we masturbate in a circle over how pretentious we are again.

An Australian Massale Pinot Noir and finishing off The Vegetarian, a translation of a South Korean work. It won the newly transformed Man Booker International. In so far, it doesn't hold a candle to previous victors, like Ismail Kadare, but it has been pleasant and above fodder.

Drinking Red Bull and reading a manga about cooking competitions, my snobby comrade.
Also just got done pretending to like the Gulag Archipelago and throwing it away a couple of hundred pages in.

I'm not drinking anything, and I'm reading what I'm writing in this sentence.

You are reading shit, tasteless pleb. That author is garbage.

What didn't you like of the Gulag Archipelago?

Because what I read can be divided into three distinct groups like this:

1. Obvious statements. These I would agree with anyways, but the author backs them up with citations and references.
2. Urban myths and hearsay. These I wouldn't believe without citations or references, and the author doesn't provide any, yet acts as if they are fact.
3. Conclusions based on the previous two. Since the statements from point 2 are hard to believe, and the author gives no reason to believe them, the conclusions fall flat and I find myself disliking the author.

Honestly reads like propaganda, and when you remember that this book is meant to be anti-propaganda, it makes it worse.
I am sure there are plenty of factual problems with the gulag system, and plenty of proven cases of cruelty or neglect, why tell these exorcist movie plots is beyond me, and serves to dull the point.

A thorough, satisfying answer.

I usually drink Monster. The flavour depends on what im reading at that moment (If i'm reading something exotic i go with Ripper. Never go Low-cal)

holy...I want more

>2017
>drinking alcohol

this desu, no alcohol, no smoking, no stimulants whatsoever, living the vanilla life is exciting

>screw-top wine
>the vegetarian

I feel so sad for what your life must be.

Not OP but you're a bad person, let the man enjoy his drink and his book. cheers OP.

Screw-top young wine is fine. You are trying to be elitist, without knowing what for.
Can you even list legit reasons why screw-top is bad when buying $10 bottles?

>2017
>not drinking alcoholic beverage of choice with a dash of your own piss
Checkmate Atheists

>tfw 23 days sober

>he thinks screwtop is bad
>tfw you try to be condescending as a fucking pleb

>tfw day 10 no booze

I'd been drinking all the time for maybe 7 years: loads of beer/wine after work every day, on days off drinking moderately throughout the day and getting drunk in the evening.

All the drinking fucked up my gallbladder. Now if I try to drink I get sharp, super painful gallstone attacks.

Drinking being bad for you is no meme. We all know people in their 50s and 60s who have been drinking forever and seem basically fine but you can definitely give yourself real painful medical issues even if you're not 30 yet.

When people say sober, do they mean "not having been drunk", or "not having any alcoholic drinks at all"?
Are you sober if you pour yourself some wine, or stop after the second small whiskey?

Generally it means "no alcoholic drinks at all"

Wew that happens?

I'll be drinking black coffee and reading Silas Marner once I'm done doing calisthenics.

Black coffee and Suttree

I kind of have to quit or else I'll fuck up even more. It's boring and depressing though and I don't enjoy anything anymore.

PRETENTIOUS
R
E
T
E
N
T
I
O
U
S

Pic related and a Ted Hughes biography.

Two of his wives gassed themselves in an oven HAHAHAHAHAHA

I have quite the night ahead of me

do you have the stereotypical beer gut? because thats a lot of beer

It's how people who struggle with alcoholism refer to how long they've been able to resist any alcoholic drinks at all.

The complete short stories of Ernest Hemingway. I drink whatever I have on hand. That's usually Heineken, vodka (Finlandia at worst), and whatever wine I want to try. If I have cream liquor on hand I'll have white russians.

I just want to get drunk f a m.

>white russian
my nigga

how can you, or any of you, stand wine though? Ive never found one I like

>how can you, or any of you, read books though? Ive never found one I like

wines are all basically the same though

>inb4 hurr so are books theyre just words xd

Exactly. Your statement is retarded. Eat less sugar and train your palate or continue to be an equivalent of a "tfw to smart too read books" poster.

would it be possible to train your palate to enjoy the taste of dog shit too

I'm reading "The Phenomenon of Man" by P.T. de Chardin and drinking quince syrup with water.

I DONT HAVE MONEY FOR EXPENSIVE LIQUOR

I DRINK GRAIN ALCOHOL BUT ONLY IN JOB

I READ MOSTLY PHILOSOPHY AND BIBLE SO I DONT WANT TO DILLUTE EXPERIENCE BY THIS PLEB DRUG. I PREFFER PSYCHEDELICS AND OPIATES FOR READING

edgy

I've always liked wine. Not enough to buy the pretentious stuff, but I like it nonetheless. Try cooling the glass and the bottle before drinking maybe? Also, make sure it's not the cheapest stuff you can get.

It also depends on location tbf, I had generic American wine and I didn't like it, while I was blown over by Spanish and French wines of the same price. Hungarian wine is the most accessible to me so I use that as my standard of measurement.

It's 2PM so I'm on my fifth beer and reading We, The Drowned.