IQ tests disproved in Major scientific event

youtube.com/watch?v=W3oUqKUx2o0

IQ has been completely debunked on Aug 23rd. It's amazing people still believe in psychometrics or IQ after this day. Join the pro-science ideology and accept climate change and blank slate theories. We all start off Equal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jSo5v5t4OQM
quillette.com/2017/06/11/no-voice-vox-sense-nonsense-discussing-iq-race/
youtube.com/watch?v=0z7p0oM4_RM
youtube.com/watch?v=CB-cAoBCU8E
youtube.com/watch?v=1C0zS2RAzlI
reason.com/archives/2014/06/13/are-conservatives-dumber-than-liberals
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3772897
onetcenter.org/dl_files/empTestAsse.pdf)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Their arguments are worse than their comedy. I want the old CH.

Man they're just getting worse and worse. Discussing the origins of IQ tests somehow debunks modern IQ tests?

Why is this considered a "major scientific event"?

You see, IQ tests are ineffective at showing how intelligent you are, because they were used to measure intelligence.

See? They were used to measure intelligence! While male! You're racist!

have we seen any far left comedy swing back to politically neutral?

>Left spends all its time defending retards
>Right spends all its time being retards
Holy shit, are humans TRYING to cause their own fucking extinction?

>adam ruins everything
i hate this dumb smug faggot and i have no respect for people that only criticize things and offer no valuable input or solutions

No real scientist has ever held IQ tests to any kind of high standard. Only dullards give such a simple test any value. MENSA can suck my dick, elitist pricks.

>IQ 145

not an argument

Actually, at the end of every episode they do this big thing where the character being ruined by Adam gets depressed and then Adam comes in for a final monologue about how to solve the problems he just exposed and how there is still a bright side to all of this.

Last episode I saw was the one about dating and he spent the entire episode saying how dating sites are scams, personality testing is a scam, the idea of alpha and beta males is a scam and love in general is a scam and then the other character (who was a girl who has been lonely for years and is trying to get a bf) gets depressed and says that she will never find love because how everything about dating sucks and then Adam tells her that she isn't wrong, but that she isn't right either. That a lot of people find love despite their partner not being some perfect idealistic "alpha" caricature so they should still try. And that knowing the truth about dating sites and Myers Briggs, who are both trying to scam her and other people, will make her safer because she will no longer fall for predatory tactics made by people trying to exploit her loneliness for money.

So he does offer solutions, they are just at the end of the episode as you would expect.

Why do you use all capital letters when writing Mensa? It's not an acronym.

IQ tests, as in all things reported to be a science, are contingent.
Obviously.

How can you debunk something that doesn't claim to be the final conclusion to intelligence testing

It's simply a way of measuring a set of skills that may or may not be linked with intelligence. Its your fault for putting more credence on it than it warranted

Is the guy in that video 'Adam'? Looks like a prick.
>If you do a test over and over again you get better at it
Yeah no shit, so should we get rid of exams on the principle that if students took that same exam again and again they'd get higher grades? The point is to take it once and maybe again in a few years

>Sketch comedy
>This is science fact

Wweeeewww lad

>not getting your science from leftist media

Hurricanes only happen because of climate change and CO2 levels

>truTV

Well if they say it HAS to be tru right?

The only thing this show proves is how low the standards are on TV regarding science and evidence.
Let's see what real experts have to say about it:
youtube.com/watch?v=jSo5v5t4OQM
quillette.com/2017/06/11/no-voice-vox-sense-nonsense-discussing-iq-race/

Their solution is to deny science.

It's really incredible how the right is always characterized as science denying. The utterly sad thing is that the like/dislike ratio probably means that the video was successful in reassuring IQ deniers.

All men were created equal.

>real experts
>Jordan Peterson

say what you want about his philosophical knowledge, but he is not a bad psychologist
also he did a lot of psychometric work, so he must know a thing or two about iq testing

see His philosophical knowledge leaves much to be desired, but as a psychologist there isn't much to criticize him for. It's also the consensus of most intelligence researchers.

hurr durr I don't like his beliefs so he must suck as a psychologist

>americans rely on comedians other various non-experts to get informed about complex scientific and political matters

He's a fucking Jungian. Someone who takes psychoanalysis seriously cannot be a good psychologist

He s a low in brainlet, what do you expect.

But user, how would his jungiannes influence the statistical outcomes of his studies?

> pro science ideology
Please end this country

At least he's not Freudian.

Denying science is fine as long at it's in support of the moral crusade.

>psychologists
>good
pick one
Psychology is maybe a half a step up from alchemy in scientific merit.

The video has a point. Why do you think that firms or universities don't ask for IQ-tests from their applicants? As the video correctly says, IQ-tests mainly measure how good you are at IQ-tests. Nobody really gives a fuck about them in the real world. Discussion about IQ are so widespread on certain parts of the internet because certain parts of the internet are filled with insecure white guys who have nothing else to be proud of then scoring well on an IQ test.

>Why do you think that firms or universities don't ask for IQ-tests from their applicants?
Because it's illegal?

>I want the old CH.

youtube.com/watch?v=0z7p0oM4_RM
youtube.com/watch?v=CB-cAoBCU8E

Gee I don't know how could you say that.

Instead they carry out their own psychometric tests which by proxy gauge a person's IQ.

No, asking for an IQ test is not illegal, and I don't know why you are coming up with this lie.

China and South Korea both ask for IQ tests on applications on basically everything.

No they don't, they use SAT results in the US and in Europe they go by your exam grades because those are actually much more reliable indicators for how well the student is going to do. IQ test remain bullshit lonely white guys circlejerk over because it's the only thing they are good at after doing dozens of them.

SAT is designed to be a proxy IQ test

So that's why it mainly tests knowledge, huh.

No, many institutions have additional tests during the preliminary interview phase. These are psychometric tests.

Most people take the IQ after roughly the same number of years of schooling.
How fast you are able to learn is determined by IQ.

>Major scientific event
bravo op

take the SAT*

That's a solution? What a pretentious prick.

t. psychology = psychoanalysis

In America, it is absolutely illegal to make job candidates take an IQ test, and everywhere else, I'm sure it's seen in bad taste

And the amount of effort students put into school varies wildly, as does the amount of studying they do for the SAT. Knowledge =/= intelligence, period. Only statistically valid at large scales, completely worthless for gauging an individual.

>Alfa males are a scam

Damn, this is some hardcore progressist bullshit.

>the amount of effort students put into school
also correlated with IQ

The only reason why they are saying that IQ isn't real is because blacks always have lower IQ than whites on average which is to them obviously racist to them so they then say that IQ must not be real

youtube.com/watch?v=1C0zS2RAzlI
:)))

Except for the fact white republican voters actually have an iq similar to blacks and whites overall having a higher average iq is due to democrats.

Source?

Trump won the college educated white vote

reason.com/archives/2014/06/13/are-conservatives-dumber-than-liberals

>found that the IQs of young adults who described themselves as "very liberal" averaged 106.42, whereas the mean of those who identified as "very conservative" was 94.82

He won that narrowly, while winning the uneducated white vote in a landslide.

>implying liberals wouldn't make a study that is biased to make them look smarter
Also 94.82 is no where near as low as average for blacks
Liberals are incapable of independent thought everything they do comes from a hive mind.

>Why do you think that universities don't ask for IQ-test
>what is SAT score for $50
also it's illegal in most countries

>no argument besides "it's only for white peepole"
Nice try, IQlet.

Who are you replying to you must not be a "high IQ liberal" if you don't even know how to reply to a comment

the deviation from black to white iq when controlled for all environmental effects is 5-10 points, in that study the deviation between liberals and conservatives is roughly 12 points. so indeed the gap between liberals and conservatives is actually much bigger, than between conservatives and blacks.

why you guys rely on lying so much:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3772897

>It is legal (at least based on the guidelines provided by the US Department of Labor: onetcenter.org/dl_files/empTestAsse.pdf)

Liberals are still dumb enough to allow allahu akbars into white countries and ignore when they perform mass rape
Welfare given to blacks has been given to them by liberals causing them to stay in poverty
I can give many more examples of liberals being fucking stupid

If you actually read that thread you would see why it is still, in practice, illegal in almost all circumstances.

>what is the meme arrow?
N E W F A G
E
W
F
A
G

>as long as (a) they do not select against certain protected traditionally disadvantaged classes more than it does for the average applicant

Honestly, if you allow white men into your country, you're just begging for economic and environmental collapse and any country that does so deserves it.

>no argument

>no

IQ is real, and climate change is real. You don't get to cherry pick the truth.

I love how "Not an argument" is the new "TRIGGERED"

And everything I just said is 100% irrefutable. DEAL WITH IT.

>You don't get to cherry pick the truth.
Watch me

Sketch comedy isn't Science.
They deny IQ because their IQ is low.
Everybody who deny IQ has a low IQ.
Scientists have higher IQ.
Dumber people & Comedians have lower IQ.
Deal with It low IQ Brainlet.

Modern IQ tests focus on quantitative/qualitative reasoning and pattern recognition, giving results that highly correlate with intellectual achievement

Did you even read your source? It debunks that myth thoroughly and concludes libertarians are smarter.

This.
Libertarian Right (classical liberals) are smarter.
Neonazi Rednecks & Leftist (SJW, Cucks, Blacks & Brown immigrants) are Brainlets.

Low IQ people can't intuitively accept the concept of IQ because it's basically impossible to judge the intelligence of someone smarter than you. You can know they are smarter, but not by how much.
Because they can't see the vast spectrum of intelligence that exists, they think everyone is roughly equal and anyone smarter than them is just a nerd who studied more.

libertarians are a small minority group within republicans.

This. Yes exactly.

Comedians tend to have high IQ.

>Adam ruins everything
>comedy

No they're not. The overwhelming majority of white males already have inborn libertarian-friendly views. Libertarianism proper was just a marketing campaign by the rich like the Koch brothers to play off the greed and selfishness of men. There's a reason almost all libertarians are white and male.

there is literally a libertarian party you dumb fuck.

Gee I wonder where that came from? By the way, it's also clearly full of insane people.

When you know Undergraduate Physics, Calculus & Analysis.
It's cringy to watch Normies struggling with quadratic equation & even elementary school math as multiplying fractions. That's not even pre calculus.
Normies don't know how stupid/retarded they are.
PhDs in Math, Physics & EE use much more advanced math that Normies can't even imagine.
>Normies do not have any Idea of what is a Path Integral, a Manifold, a Partial Differential Equation or a Vector with infinite dimensions.
>And above that Normies can't even imagine how that's math can be applied to create all modern technology that these Brainlets enjoy. That they could not enjoy without us.

Lol go try to say this on /r9k/ and you'll get over 100 replies saying you're "no better" than them and you're not as smart as you think and you're "projecting" (they don't even fucking know what the word means).

>It's cringy to watch Normies struggling

No, this post was cringey to read.

>a clinical psychologist doesn't have good knowledge about IQ
yeah, you're a dumbfuck.

as true is this post is you sound very unlikable. if you talk to an expert in math or a professor pretty much all of them acknowledge the obvious deficits in math education, but none of them are going to be as condescending and conceited as this.

the beauty of anonymity

you sound like the typical undergrad smug mint-student and from my experience i can tell that the smugiest are actually the ones who are struggling the most with keeping up and the ones who fail the courses. people who do actual research are more bothered by all the things they dont know and dont understand than that they are smug about knowing more than non-academics.

The same reason Mensa writes MENSA INTERNATIONAL in all caps, I assume. Just brainlet things.

You are right I'm Undergrad & Smug as fuck. Muh A+s in STEM.

Enjoy those As while you can, kiddo. In grad school there is no fake grading anymore, no cookies for good boys for memorizing their textbooks. It's "Produce new results, then publish or perish!".

>t. about to start 2nd year undergrad at bumhole state U
come on m8, at least use some difficult concepts in your argument

personally, im amazed by the amount of crap a lot of average people can memorize about stuff like celebrities or music in the same way they might be impressed by the maths that I do