How can anybody compete?

Jonny Kim-Graduated from Santa Monica High School in Santa Monica, California, 2002. Earned a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, summa cum laude from the University of San Diego, 2012. Earned a Doctorate of Medicine from Harvard Medical School, 2016. Served his medical internship at the Harvard Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency at Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, 2017.
A mustang(enlisted, then comissioned). Do you think he is born with his intelligence and drive or strives for challenge or both?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uq-FOOQ1TpE
nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/jonny-kim/biography
youtube.com/watch?v=ONyUWirIWfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i dont get the hype around this guy, he is a rare blend of intelligence, ambition, and discipline he isnt unique by any stretch but he is exceptional

He's impressive, but I'm more impressed by this kid, Jacob Barnett.
youtube.com/watch?v=Uq-FOOQ1TpE

>hs grad 2002
>undergrad 2012
wow it's fucking nepotism

Hi Jonny Kim try to beat Terence Tao:

At 9 yo, he scored a 760 in the SAT math section.
At 10yo, Gold Medal in the International Mathematical Olympiad.
He received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees at 16yo from Flinders University
At 20yo, he got his PhD from Princeton University.
He was 24yo when he was promoted to a full professor in UCLA, the youngest ever at UCLA.

>doing any kind of physical work in your life
>ever
>not being known exclusively as a BRAIN BULL like Witten
Jonny Kim might as well have gone to trade school desu

Imagine being an undergrad and having your professor be just a few years older than you

That's common with grad instructors.

[math]\mathbb{P}[/math]

Is he the Asian Chad?

>rare blend
>but not unique
Come on, getting into and being a Havard med graduate is already exceptional. And so is being selected for and completing the training to be a Navy Seal. Multiply the chances of achieving both of them together.

Why is there green shit on his left leg? Is that phenotype juice?

this guy had the drive for challenge.
this guy was born intelligent.

>enlisted
Thas because he was broke as shit after his genius carrier.

He spent most of the period 2002-2012 serving in the Navy Seals. That tends to interfere with one's studies.

>leaving out that he was a Navy SEAL for 12 years

The guy must be a hard worker. I think most people separate that from intelligence per se. Though they seem to go as hand in hand as stupid goes with lazy.

>Shit tier undergrad
>medecine
>women's hospital after HMS

He's a brainlet for sure.

>medecine
>He's a brainlet for sure.

>12 years of being a SEAL
Damn I forget what I learned in school six months after leaving.

Something something [math]\mathcal{PHENOTYPE}[/math]

He was also recently selected in the newest NASA astronaut class. So in a couple of years you can add astronaut to the list too.

How do i achieve this level of badassery?

So this is the power of pure math degrees, you have to work in the SEALs to find any employment.

drink pussy cum, like any real man

I'm not homo, but if I were, I'd want this guy to fuck me. He's the embodiment of alpha male.

>Proving he can be exceptional through scholarly studies then proving he is retarded by using his scholarly studies to count dead bodies.

grats you cant read, notice how i said he was exception but not UNIQUE, the implicit being that the hype is unwarranted because there are thousands of people like him who no one gives a shit about

I think he spread out his degree until he commissioned at like 30. No way he could finish it in under 6 years as a SEAL being deployed all through the Afghan and Iraq Wars.

>tfw he's an astronaut now too

Just became one this year as part of NASA's 2017 class. He has a chance too of walking on Mars in the future.

>nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/jonny-kim/biography

yeah but does he know how many types of interneurons humans have? no. because no one can know that.

>unique
>particularly remarkable, special, or unusual
Learn English retard.

>there are thousands like him
Even if there were, that would be less than a hundred thousandth of the US population. Which would generally be considered remarkable or special. And it's not even thousands.

There are 2,450 active duty Navy SEALS, less than 1% of the army. You need a near perfect MCAT score to get in, which is low single digit percent of the population. Then Harvard med school has a 3.7% admission rate. Statistically it's only around one person in the world who is like him, assuming all of them applies to Harvard med. Although this might be likely skewed downwards because there are intelligence requirements to be a SEAL.

perfect MCAT score to get into what?

The things that Asians will do to get a white bitch

Meanwhile, Jimothy the Bank Teller is getting the same pussy as him because he's 6' 2" and white

For me it's the Quickrundownbros.

He's almost like Demaine.

no one will ever compare

Harvard med school

>Statistically it's only around one person in the world who is like him

when your argument is based on semantics you should probably kys

when your second argument is based on his exact situation instead of the topic i mentioned (intelligence, ambition, discipline) you should kys and your kids

>argument based on semantics
>how dare you interpret words in their natural meaning
Nigger you're the one who said unique without knowing what it meant

And if you've missed my argument for the second time, it's that the degree of accomplishments makes him very unique and having intelligence, ambition and discipline won't cut it. You can have ambition, discipline and intelligence and not even do half the things he did. If it's so common, find say, a hundred other people who've accomplished approximately the same level.

>Near perfect MCAT
That's a bit misleading because MCAT is almost all studying. As long as you aren't a dumbass you can get a high percentile score. You have people that can't get an A in calc I getting high scores.

>Harvard med school
Med schools look at diversity and experience heavily. A former navy seal with a successful academic career? I would be surprised if he didn't get into Harvard with that resume.

>that feel when my background is similar to his and I will be more competitive than him at his age.

It is both and also only one. He was born with the intelligence (like we all are), and he was born with the drive.

I dont get how people can think intelligence is genetic and behavior is not.

>women's hospital
Brigham and Women's Hospital isn't a women's hospital. It's the result of a merger between a few hospitals in 1980 which included the Boston Hospital for Women. "Women's" is just part of BWH's name.

Inb4 a political career

he didn't make this video though, underated youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=ONyUWirIWfk

Nigga, he was a navy SEAL before he went to school.

He was a Navy SEAL BEFORE he went to school

fucking what? every head of state and high level politician, every major ceo or financier of any kind, every luminary or landmark figure in all of academia. Even within the military what about the rest of the people under SOCOM some of whom are even more high trained than he is. Or what about the 2450 SEALs you originally mentioned who IIRC are mostly (more than half) college educated.

where did he find the time
i can t imagine doing all that and being good at them