Tomorrow I start Calculus 2 and Physics 1. What am I in for?

Tomorrow I start Calculus 2 and Physics 1. What am I in for?

Physics is easy unless you're retarded, and calculus is easy unless your professor is retarded.

>calculus is easy unless your professor is retarded.
>tfw woman instructor
>she's not even a professor
>makes us get into groups and do "fun little activities" where we cut out paper shapes and tape them together as part of some "dynamic learning" bullshit
This shouldn't be allowed at all. I haven't learned anything in class, everything I have learned has been through book work and homework assignments.

>Need to take trigonometry over summer because I sucked at it during high school
>Professor is an old Indian lady
>Her accent is straight-up incomprehensible
>Not even being racist or anything, everyone complained about it behind her back, including students from Mexico and Africa
>You legit cannot understand more than half of what she says
>Everyone got 70%~ in the class except me, and I only did well because I went online and watched youtube videos of whatever we were studying
The next semester I intentionally chose the professor whose last name was Johnson.

>The next semester I intentionally chose the professor whose last name was Johnson.
Pretty much me. After learning the hard way, all my professors are male, and if I can help it, their last name is something pronounceable.

Starting both those classes tomorrow as well OP. Looked over syllabus for physics 1 and it looks like pretty much basic high school physics class just with clac. As for calc 2. Calc one was brainlet tier so I don't think calc two will be that much of a step up

Both are easy unless you're retarded. Math doesn't even get remotely hard until maybe differential equations and even that's only hard if you're a brainlet. Physics 3 is usually the weird one for most normal people.

But differential equations are in Calc 1 anyway.

>well above 70 IQ
>still can't do math

>He think seperating variables is actual DE

The brainlet of brainlets

Brainlet classes

>only talks to his TI-85
Fuck you, Casio FX-9750GII for lyfe

Diff Eq was significantly easier than Calc II
And I had the same professor for both, ad took Diff Eq over the summer so the course was two weeks faster.

A brutal semester

>Take linear algebra
>Professor is a Chinese man with a speech impediment
>Clearly extremely depressed, comes to class 10 minutes late, cancels class once a week and only covers half the material in the syllabus. Most students talk about how they're worried about him since most people had him for diffy q previous semester and he was apparently a lad
>Everyone gets an A because he was too depressed to actually grade anything and just checked completion.

Honestly this should be the other way around. Physics is very easy but only if you find it intuitive, which isn't something most people can get on their own. The material in Calc 1 is easy as shit no matter what and honestly everyone should be able to teach themselves unless they are retarded or just didn't pay any attention in high school.

For me, what is most important is that the classes are two sides of the same coin. Physics take ideas and back them up with math. Math develops a system and uses physics ideas as examples. Keep both of them in mind when you sit in the others class.

Freshmen here, went out of my way to only pick classes with male instructors, learned too well in high school.

College grad here. Good strategy, but just watch out for faggots. Sophomore year I had a iphone yielding, starbucks sipping, scarf wearing fuck that taught real analysis and he wouldn't even be at his own office hours and would scoff at pretty much any question asked in lecture to discourage the class from not following his pace. Ended up just taking it instead with an eastern european guy and it went wayyyy better

Im taking cal 3 and DE this semester. Cal 3 is easy enough but DE prof is a burned out hippie who laughs to himself about nothing. He's the complete opposite of the aforementioned Chinese guy. He's just too happy to care ...

I hate professors who think their shit doesn't stink. They always tend to be the younger ones in my experience too.

High School

Busy work.