Is an artificial womb even fucking possible? I see this on /pol/ and they're talking like it's the next new thing

Is an artificial womb even fucking possible? I see this on /pol/ and they're talking like it's the next new thing.

Can the scientists here give a yes or no.

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/video/technology/future/2017/05/01/scientists-create-artificial-womb.cnnmoney/index.html
telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/03/02/artificial-human-life-could-soon-grown-lab-embryo-breakthrough/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We already got a goat out of one, didn't we?
Also, you just triggered the Reddit niggers by mentioning /pol/. Expect two or three retards samefagging nonsense.

It should be theoretically possible,even though there may be side effects we are not aware of or we downplay(just like genetic engineering).
The biggest obstacle is definitely """"moral"""",that is,feminists won't like it.

Feminists won't like it? I thought some would, as the entire reason women make less over time in some cases is because they lose productivity to having children.

I can tell you that the Catholics won't like it, and many other Christians, because natural=good is a core axiom of the belief system.

What would be their excuse for being against artificial womb ?

Something something OH NO "THEIR" DISTROYIN FAMILY FUCKING MILLENIALS, NEXT "WERE" GONNA HAVE ROBOT SEX something something

Because nobody would need women if we could make babies without them

But feminists hate being mothers

Maybe you should actually talk to a girl sometime. Everyone I know was celebrating when the artificial goat womb was in the news.

Catholics won't like it? A mechanism that takes the burden of pregnancies away would make one of the best compelling arguments against abortions, and the scriptures say nothing about how a pregnancy must be carried.

I can tell you that the naturalists won't like it, they fear machines taking their lives from their control.

money.cnn.com/video/technology/future/2017/05/01/scientists-create-artificial-womb.cnnmoney/index.html
it's already been done, nerds

Only at 24 weeks

>killed most of them
:^(

Throwing this out there I'm a feminist and would be down for an artificial womb.

Artificial wombs will be for poor people just like c-cuts and mixtures.Rich women as always will have the privilege to experience pregnancy like a normal human being a not need to have her child from a fucking bag.

It seem that you believe that artificial pregnancy>natural pregnancy. If yes, why ?

If you have to question the scientific ramblings of a board titled "Politically Incorrect," im not sure there is any helping you

It depends on the factor you're trying to maximize, neither is universally better.What I believe is that in the age of artificial wombs, normal pregnancies will be a luxury.

>expensive, sensitive procedure
>for poor people
Plus, you really think rich people won't pay a premium not to deal with stretch marks and bladder problems and pain?

>"expensive, sensitive procedure"

technology gets cheaper ...

>"Plus, you really think rich people won't pay a premium not to deal with stretch marks and bladder problems and pain?"

Not everyone needs to go to assembly line healthcare, if you have money you can hire personal doctors who pay visits, monitor your clinical condition, answer your calls and etc.Also, aesthetic problems like stretch marks are easily fixable with plastic surgery.

Regarding the "paying a premium" part, yes, rich people will pay a premium, but in a different way you're thinking about -- for them the premium will be the woman practically speaking taking a 9 month vacation to "experience her pregnancy".

/pol/ here. You must have met one of the delusional trannies that show up now and then to start shit. Pay no attention.

>possible
Yes.

>Likely in the immediate future
Possibly, but I would tend to doubt it -- I am going to guess that, even if technological hurdles are surmounted, social and political factors will block it. But that gets off topic for Veeky Forums, I guess.

If you want to explain to somebody how a group of other people think, the first step would be to understand it. Resorting to ridicule before understanding would be a hindrance.

That seems an odd use of "naturalist," did I miss a word changing meaning while I was doing something else?

Luddites won't like it.

>normal pregnancies will be a luxury.

Can't see it as a "luxury" unless you fol in the concept of "fashionable, trendy and a fad." ANYTHING can fall into that category.

>and etc

How many people do you know nowadays who can sustain a house wife and kids by himself? It's obvious that when artificial wombs because cheap enough, companies will cut maternity leave and other welfare for women to only cover the artificial pregnancy costs. That will undoubtedly make normal pregnancies a luxury regardless of any trend.

become cheap enough*

If you had the option to go through pregnancy and childbirth for a little (largely unpaid) vacation from work, would you? Doubt it. Women will welcome artificial wombs.

When can I have a child with my robo-waifu?

Well, don't have any data for you here so I'm stuck with predictions.In my anecdotal experience, I've never met a woman who didn't like the idea or enjoyed having a pregnancy.

It's one of those things that even if possible shouldn't be done. It's highly immoral and not even ethically questionable, just outright wrong. The implications of such device on the social order is so profound you might as well start a nuclear war instead.

>A whole Artificial waifu fembot with womb & Artificial Intelligence is possible.

this will never happen in your lifetime sweetie, better start learning how to deal with biological women while it's still time

>implying "lifetime" will be a finite measure of time in 20 years

>implying we won't all be debt slaves at a global state in 20 years

top frog, people will most likely be trying to get euthanized than become unwearable by time

My mom works with extreme preemies and she's very excited for all this to hit hospitals. The bags they use now are kinda shit and the baby inside tends to fall apart.

i dont see why not but i doubt there are many funds over it considering how overpopulated earth is and how many unused cheap wombs there are out there

It's easier just brainwash/mind control/hypnotise a girl to behave like a Kawaii/cute anime waifus.
Brainwash a girl to forget about feminism & slut behavior turning her into a submissive girl who serves me without complaining.
Through Brainwashing/Hypnosis/Mind Control.

How is it wrong and immoral ? It would just be womb but artificial and no risk for the mother.

*a womb

Being cute, intelligent and modest requires work while being a slut doesn't.Our waifu mind control would never win against the jew mind control, it would be like trying to build a rocket for a competition while our opponent isn't affected by gravity or air resistance.

Why do they complain when female babies are aborted or abandoned in trashcans?

Artificial womb = 100% female abortion.
States stop pandering female needs because states can bulk up their own citizens at will.

Feminists were not impressed. They were complaining about women's rights in regards to abortion and similar issues. There were many threads on Veeky Forums and a few interesting threads on Veeky Forums

To reiterate all you need to do after that is take a good mothers heartbeat and record it while the life support womb softly whurs in the background.

Try making a matrix machine for rats.

Moreover, once such a technology matures there won't be a need for subjects to have a sex.

Poor little animu...
Don't cry in confusion

:(

Why are most of the discussions and arguments ITT about artificial wombs as they would work commercially?

Artificial wombs would be great tools for observing and learning in full detail about human development, and how/where developmental signals kick in, how to avoid developmental disabilities, and the like.

One of the greatest mysteries of science that we have only breached, and never really come to the bottom of is developmental biology. An artificial womb allows for a controlled environment to perform tests and gather observational data.

>Artificial wombs would be great tools for observing and learning in full detail about human development, and how/where developmental signals kick in, how to avoid developmental disabilities, and the like.

Whoa, Veeky Forums really has an optimist community ... I expect it to be used to only expand the legal abortion time span.

"And so the western wizards built a woman out of pure magi-tech."

Man I fucking love the future.
It reads like a sci-fi/fantasy movie.

We should make a few race of monster girls.
Wouldn't it be fucking hilarious if this already happened before and in 10,000 B.C there was a huge extinction event that wiped out a super high tech race like outs and we had to build everything from scratch but the myths of ancient Greece and Rome etc were just left over chimeras from that platinum age where technology was called magic?

huuuuuuuuuuummmmmmm I think we'd do better just going for real women really

That's the thing though. Artificial wombs could remove the pain from birth and thus reduce abortion.

Copying nature is one of engineerings most powerful abillities.
You want the ultimate in efficiency of externalised wombs?
Here is a monotreme egg.
The platypus and echidna.
The only mammals that lay eggs.
Make an invention based on this baby (excuse the pun) and you are set for Star Trek.

I don't think most people get an abortion because it hurts
But on the other hand, you wouldn't have abortions because of accidents with artificial wombs.
On the other other hand, people might not consider an artificial womb in the same way as a regular one, so we could see an increase in abortions because of second thoughts.

Pic related.

>muh efficiency

the most efficient way to end poverty is nuking poor people

>Being this bland and unimaginative

Then who will work the irrigation systems? Someone’s gotta grow all the food

People would pop out kids like pop rocks if they knew how to make life easy and smooth.

Bad teachers?
Robotic teachers. Simulations.
Vulcan style schools.
Pump out math majors like it was easy as art.

Easy births? Gently attatch a zygote to a Monotreme styled birth support system.

Fun fact the monotreme egg can be frozen and hatched just like a chicken.

Which means a life support machine based on this baby could double as a cryogenesis chamber.

On top of that the liquid is transparent. Perfect for a rapid fire scan system on a body to check for cancer, artery clogs etc. No need to take the subject out. Lazers can do the rest. Coupled with a spider bot surgeon the body can be operated on 360 degrees and healed faster than in air. (Yes, a Bacta Tank) Electrodes attatched inside for perfect muscle exercising and simulation experiences.

(Ripped Nerds)

Who would be able to pilot an assortment of humanoid drones from within (long distance ghosts in literal egg shells). Virtual life for eternity. The ultimate spell of the men of the Left hand path.

>if they knew how to make life easy and smooth
If you can have someone raise your kid for you and for free, sure.

Or what if you could program a robot to record a set of protocols to raise your kids for you?

That's the most retarded thing I've heard in a while

>women have no purpose if they don't have to go through pregnancy to have children

It'd be like if i thought mgtow was triggered by bone marrow kits allowing women to have children without guys, its really dumb

Im sure eventually guys will get some parallel and I'll be about as not mad as I ever was

Huuuuuh I'm sorry sweetie, this is a boys-only thread, ok? Didn't you see the anime girl (male) on the OP? You're NOT really welcome here.

Imagine this : artificial womb + sexuel robot waifu

>why do no women use Veeky Forums

*licks lips and runs hands together*

yes

>women don't have to go through pregnancy

Gee why would they ever want artificial wombs

>Artificial womb = 100% female abortion.
It still requires egg cells.
It's just an artificial womb not and artificial egg generator.

It's possible but the child would likely not live for very long outside of the womb. they would need to create an environment to where it would be able to build up it's immune system and you would likely need the mother that provided the egg's antibodies, hormomes,etc. in the (minimum) last three months of gestation. Even then there are so many factors that may lead to the baby's untimely demise. It would be cheaper, less time consuming, and easier to just pay for a surrogate mother. If anything it would be interesting to see how fucked up the kid would end up being having a completely absent mother through it's "incubation" period , and being able to see the outside world through a clear womb. After millions upon millions of years since placental mammals roamed the earth you'd think this would fuck the poor baby over somehow. The real moral implications is if it dies, that would probably hinder progression in the biological sciences. So we should definitely just stick to animals for now and wait a few hundred years until we perfected it.

shes alright

the only thing I want is a robot that makes and serves tea to me wherever I may be in my house

I don't care about wombs, will I ever get to kiss Kurisu and feel the warmth of her body, hear the fast bating of her hearth and see her sincere face express love after we finish?

Back to topic,
This.

> scientists here

We won't need eggs in the future.
telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/03/02/artificial-human-life-could-soon-grown-lab-embryo-breakthrough/

I come from a very catholic area and while yes i have female friends that think its cool (which is the extent of their excitement) i know a lot of religious folk who were very against it and their passion for protesting would be a lot higher than my friends who think its a cool concept

Only r/The_Donald refugees post that, fascist and NatSoc's boil in rage when you mention "The Jewish plot for turning goyim into products"
>mfw I almost wrote "rapeugees" instead of "refugees"
Thanks, /pol/

chuckled a bit, God bless you friend

that's why they're only really considering it for cases like premature births where the child is mostly formed already and just needs a stable environment to finish developing

>implying Veeky Forums wants more women

That's why we shouldn't let religious people make decisions. Any normal woman would be glad to offload the burden of pregnancy.

That's the main concern. It's the intentional biological imperfections in the womb that allow for healthy children to develop. It's not impossible for artificial wombs to be made, but the technology just isn't there

>cutting off half the human population and therefore half of human ideas, opinions, knowledge is a good thing because [redacted]

>what is the need for food and living space
>what is overpopulation

>implying medical technology won't allow for >150 year lifespans in the near future

Humans are natural, humans do it, it's an extension of nature.

Not that hard to comprehend. They can follow a book thousands of pages long but are incapable of critical thought and objective thinking.

Plus vegans i guess

Literally what does that have to do with this

((You))

>Wait till' we perfected it

The platypus is way ahead of us.

It's a serious medical necessity. Will become the norm very soon. Being able to optimize for womb environment can prevent many problems like transgenderism and homosexuality.

Copying it isn't that easy

All I am saying is...look at the lunar lander and look at a virus side by side.

>baneposting

I just don't see the argument against artifical wombs, at least any argument against them that comes from feminists. Why would they ever dislike the idea

Artificial wombs remove the argument "my body, my choice!". Limiting female control in matters of reproduction/development and limiting general gynocentrism overall.

no, not full development it's for premature

I am more curious if the passive immunity would be negatively effected as a result

I know this is hard to believe, but not every feminist has the same opinion. There are some who would support it, because it would remove a gigantic difference between men and women, and those who would oppose it because it reduce the importance of the woman as creator of new life.

Binary politics like in the USA are a bad idea, they remove all the shades of grey.

Dude, isn't about feminist.

>Can the scientists here