Do you need high IQ for medical school?

Do you need high IQ for medical school?

Other urls found in this thread:

math.ualberta.ca/~mlewis/publications/10Holmes 1994 E.pdf
books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=BpESDAAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PR5&dq=theoretical ecology "principles and applications"&ots=aXo_uIAxgd&sig=9hNY0lDoNx0KPquEophsimN4oOA#v=onepage&q=theoretical ecology "principles and applications"&f=false
sciencedirect.com.sci-hub.cc/science/article/pii/S0304380099001854
onlinelibrary.wiley.com.sci-hub.cc/doi/10.1890/07-0451.1/full
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Medical school is for brainlets that were too retarded for biology.

I don't think that's necessarily true, but I do believe biology REQUIRES a lot more abstract and critical thought- though people in med school can have those qualities, and it makes for good doctors. Recent trends however have been pure memorization to grind through it, and cheating in order to get the paycheck so asian parents don't disown you.

lmao no medicine is straight memorization at every level you just have to grind forever

90% common sense, 10% art

Yes you need high IQ just to get in. But the study isnt too difficult.

t. medfag

I honestly hope you're joking. Reminder that Veeky Forums is an 18+ image board. Underage btfo

>not take easy courses that require 90 IQ to ace in
It's your own fault you sold your soul to get in when some dumb bitch elsewhere got in with his 3.8 GPA sociology major.

t. undergrad who picked his major off of an Ms paint tier list
almost any post grad biology program is in a league well above medical school

the fact that you need a website to tell you if your applicable to get into medical school by comparing digits proves that you have no chance on succeeding

>T. Europoor eastern slav subhuman
Sure if where you live truck drivers and doctors make the same amount of money

you have no idea what you're talking about. and that's coming from a 4th year BC PhD candidate. They are very very different programs, but to claim one is better than the other is retarded. Both require more hard work than intelligence, like most things in life

I mean you need to be intelligent to get past the MCAT. The coursework varies from school to school

Generally speaking I'd say that getting into med school is 75% grinding, 25% talent

>what are prereqs (i.e the only courses med schools actually care about and indicate success)

we're just talking lad, calm down

>I am from /pol/
Makes a lot of sense desu. Now fuck off retard.
Yeah I wasn't being allittle superfluous, and I honestly do not know much about medicine besides it's lack of science.
The biology degree maters aswell, BC is not equatable to something like theorhetical ecology.

> I honestly do not know much about medicine besides it's lack of science.
that's not untrue, but let me tell you, following the scientific method and the theories behind most common scientific knowledge are much easier to learn or pick up than what is required for medical school. Im not shit talking one or the other, medical school requires an assload of just hours put in, and is a completely different and generally more taxing lifestyle. Whether it's easier is based more on personality, but id easily argue med school requires are more rare personality to be really successful than most graduate programs. Graduate programs are hard sure, but medical school is designed to break you if you're weak, graduate programs help you succeed (if you are receptive to the help of course)
>theoretical ecology
is that even a thing? I have 1 ecologist in my year and god we already relentlessly mess with him because of it, even if what he's doing is pretty interesting and applicable (something with water treatment/purification)

If only this were true.

I have talent enough to work moderately and ace the A levels, do I have a shot in getting in?

you are going to be working with a patient thats been ur lifeline for past 15 years. Youve seen him progress through it all to finally living a regular life.

Its true I took the hard route, now im stressing when some humanity fag gets i with ease

please no bully the ecologist, you might need him to feed you one day
>is that even a thing?
its a huge thing here are some examples
math.ualberta.ca/~mlewis/publications/10Holmes 1994 E.pdf

books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=BpESDAAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PR5&dq=theoretical ecology "principles and applications"&ots=aXo_uIAxgd&sig=9hNY0lDoNx0KPquEophsimN4oOA#v=onepage&q=theoretical ecology "principles and applications"&f=false
sciencedirect.com.sci-hub.cc/science/article/pii/S0304380099001854

"Spatial variance and spatial skewness: leading indicators of regime shifts in spatial ecological systems"

onlinelibrary.wiley.com.sci-hub.cc/doi/10.1890/07-0451.1/full

oh damn that's more interesting than i thought actually. and we don't like bully him, just joke about ecology being a slightly softer science than the other programs (bio, BC, BP). it really comes from a place of jealousy, he has so much less work than us from a research perspective

I'm a med student and some of my classmates are absolute retards. I'm going to assume the same applies to literally any field ever.

And he probably gets to do field work

YUP, you nailed it, he gets to go to so many pretty and awesome places on the unis dime. like i said we are all somewhat jealous

Nope.. Just a set of balls I guess.