Fuck this movie

This movie sucks and is dumb.
First, how fucked does one have to be to study entirely on his own, get a job as a janitor at Harvard, solve super difficult problems, and then be like this shit don't matter to me, because muh bad life, which I also don't care about btw. That's just dumb.

This is a romanticisation of being smart and poor and abused and merging that with smart but lazy for no reason other than to inspire a plot. In real life, when you grow up poor and abused and smart the only thing you want is to get out. Sure there may be some smart but lazy guys who like to rub it in intellectuals' faces that they're smarter even though they're poor but if they really were smart they wouldn't sequester themselves among low iq people just to remain comfortable. I'd love to not be the smartest guy in the room for once.

Life sucks. Bad things happen, people closest to you fuck you over, opportunities just pass by like a tease because you're just that broke. Everything takes time. You work 80 hours a week and save up and buy a car and It breaks down and you lose the better job you just got because you have no way of getting there. Your family and friends die and move away. And you just continue the grind. And it just takes time. And the other facets of you just die off. No fun times. All work. Poor kids get shitted on the moment they're born. Good luck trying to do extracurriculars and whatnot. No you're not allowed in honors classes you're poor lol. Good luck paying those application fees. Too bad your counselor won't give you any waivers. Good luck understanding the financial aid system and how it pertains to your specific situation.

And then someone says man you have so much potential I can't believe you didn't go to college you're like good will hunting lol

FUCK good will hunting. That shit is retarded

.t poor brainlet

wow, someone is assmad

OP sure has a point here.
however, he presents a most pessimistic pov.
some people are friends towards each other, even if they are poor and stupid. also those lower classy people in that movie are not poor. they can go out and party and get cars as gifts.

wicked smat

It's not your fault.

OP is a whiny bitch.

It's not your fault

It's not your fault.

Do you like apples?

n-n-no...you

Yes. I am with you. That smarmy fucking Matt Damon. "Oh look how smart I am, how bout them apples?"

Plus Minnie Driver reminds me of Dani Filth.

Whenever somebody tells me I just have to see a movie, I make it a point not to. Movies like this are why.

Fuck Goodwill Hunting.

10/10 I audibly kek'd.

If I didn't know better I would say you just don't like stories featuring flawed characters. Oh wait I actually don't know better and your comment really does make you look like a contrarian "I don't watch movies other people like" hipster asshole

Well I am an asshole, so you're right there.

You sound like one of the fags that actually liked that shit movie...

ITT: non-STEM pop culture fans

Spotted the brainlet

The movie is basically the superego of Veeky Forums.

Then there are men like Rick Sanchez.
Weighed down by their incredibly complex mind. They seek nothing but escape and/or sheer destruction. (suicide) via a blameless method so as to protect their ego.

But Robin Williams is in it and he was my favorite actor

LOL best post

Of course that's your contention op. You're a first year grad student. You just got finished readin' some Marxian historian -- Pete Garrison probably. You're gonna be convinced of that 'til next month when you get to James Lemon, and then you're gonna be talkin' about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year -- you're gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin' about, you know, the Pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

tl;dr

the only really bad part is his cringey rant about the NSA

aka, what stupid people think being smart is like