>STEM subject
>Professor walks in
>Hands out syllabus
>Goes through major points
>"OK, now let's get started on Chapter 1"

>First day of class
>Non-STEM subject
>Professor walks in
>"Hi class, welcome to Anthropology. Did anyone do anything fun over the summer? I did blah blah blah"
>Reads every word of syllabus
>"OK, now I'm going to call roll. Let's get to know one another better! When I call your name, tell us where you're from, your major, and an interesting fact about yourself."
>Brianna Adams
>"Hi I'm Brianna! I'm from Nashville, my major is Psychology, and a fun fact about me is my family breeds Poodles"
>"Prof: Neat! My wife had a poodle. Her name was cupcake"
>"They're the best!!
>"Ok, David Carter"....
>This takes entire class period

at wpi it was 7 week quarters. i had classes with a quiz on day two and a major test 2 1/2 weeks in

This

Thank god I only need to take 1 comm class to get my humanities satisfied

>tfw I just take my general curriculum and any elective I want

I was so happy when I finished my last gen ed non stem class.

The people who go to college/university for anything other than stem or medicine are actually retarded. These people aren't worthy of the life they've been given or the air they will breath.

Out world can truly benefit from another great war that culls out the bottom 30% or so of the poor and stupid.

>engineering autists

Nothing wrong. That means the few that can communicate with people without going into a socially awkward fit get better opportunities and connections.

you still sound like a robot. just take the fucking banter.

>The people who go to college/university for anything other than stem or medicine are actually retarded

This. They literally ask questions that the prof just answered constantly.

Today in history class:
>"You have a writing assignment due every week. This week it's due Friday, every week after this it's due the following Monday"
>Literally 5 or 6 people keep asking for clarification on this
>"I'm confused. So when is this week's due?"

It's true.

humanities was my fav class. was so fucking easy. op stop being an autist

100% true, at least at my uni.

Socialization is for high school and weekends, user. Why would I take a 3 lecture per week babysitting class when I could just hang out with friends and go to parties/gatherings?

>Why would I take a 3 lecture per week babysitting class when I could just hang out with friends and go to parties/gatherings?
you answered your own question

banter doesn't work on Veeky Forums outside of dedicated threads and specific circumstances, adhere to the board culture or go to /int/ and fuck off

>Veeky Forums
>board culture
are you serious?

Veeky Forums is where grad students go to bully undergrads. i can't think of any other use for this forum.

No. It's where undergrads pretend to be grad students to bully undergrads. Maybe 5% of posts are actual grad students.

keep telling yourself that buddy

This shit is pretty gay.
I never have to take another non-STEM class again.

>shitty undergrad failing intro circuits detected

I had plenty of stem classes that did that shit, where you go around the room and introduce yourself. It was always funny when the prof would say something like "Let's get to know one another better!" or "Lets get in groups and introduce each other." and people would immediately get up and leave.

Can confirm this shit happens and its awful

>tfw undergrad student pretending to be a grad student pretending to be an undergrad who is pretending to be an undergrad student

t. grad student

>The people who go to college/university for anything other than stem or medicine are actually retarded.
this

fucking normies

i go on facebook, look at what people i grew up with are up to, their lives all look pathetic or mediocre at best, and i'm supposed to be the mentally challenged one

100% true I can confirm.
It keeps on not only in First day of class, but such behavior also continues through the entire course.

This is why I went for tech certs, because fuck getting the idiots who pay their way until they get that AA in Starbucks.

I'm not hard enough for Veeky Forums, since I prefer the socials (archeology and sociology, which works out to anthropology, but with less models that can cause bias).

So what advice do you have to cut down on the cost of going to college? Waiting for the economy to collapse and then trading food for textbooks and class time?

college costs decrease when the economy does well because less people attend. When demand increases during economic crashes prices rise. When people lose their jobs they try to get re-trained or educated.

I know this shit. Fucking drives me up the wall. The worse part is knowing that I am fucking paying for it out of my fees, so some lazy ass can have a no work day.

At the University of Washington (for math classes), they don't even give a syllabus. My first day of Real Analysis was "hi, my name is professor... Find the syllabus on my website. Lesson 1.1..." and we had about 10 pages of notes after a 50 minute session. Pretty nice to not be a humanities major.

>STEM
I think you'll find it is STEAM, actually

>tfw catholic university
>have to take 5

We also share places to download pdf's of books.

Should be SEM desu senpai.

Undergrad detected for sure.

>10 pages of notes
Stop writing so big you autist.

delete this

Humanities' retards probably think that humanities is better because of that

If it's easy you're wasting your time

S&M

M&M

>tfw that shit happens to me in STEM classes too

MtoF

just SE because math is a science desu. Also you're gay.

>engineer calling others gay
like pottery

An engineer creates the dragon dildo that a reddit user wants but the scientist must study dragon dildos that most satisfy the reddit user. Which would you rather do, create the dildo or study previous versions of a dildo in a reddit users rectum?

being able to effectively communicate and write is a skill most STEM students don't have.

>engineer can only do analogies with dildos
like pottery

What is this bullshit? My uni doesn't force me to take any humanities. That's high school tier structure.

Yea except they don't actually teach how to write or speak in these classes. Instead they teach social marxism.

>analogies
>anal
>dildo
What did the (((scientist))) mean by this?

>engineer relating everything back to gay sex
like pottery

>Looking at Facebook
Normie

My school on the same schedule system works the same way, it's great. Syllabus is online, they maybe talk about it for five minutes but usually you just have to read it before you come.

nothing wrong with knowing a bit about the people around you, autistic user

M&M=Male&Male=Gay

Engineers created the dildos used by Veeky Forumsentist like (you)

see

>The people who go to college/university for anything other than stem or medicine are actually retarded.
There are plenty of tards in stem, from my experience.

This. Worthless classes like these just perpetuate the "college is a daycare for adults" stereotype.

>(((scientist))) has engineers living rent free in his head
What did (((he))) man by this?

I used to do a lotta shitflining back when there were more troll threads and people arguing about their major more often

> Which would you rather do
I'd kill the redditor

As you can see, Veeky Forums is basically devolved into scientists and engineers calling each other gay now.

The question begs then, are you the scientist that studies what kills the redditor or are you the engineer that creates what kills the redditor?

I know, this is measurably less fun and less intresting

>Modern dildo are created by engineer (male)
It share similarity to a form of literature that uses aesthetic and rhythmic to evoke meanings in addition to, or in place of, the prosaic ostensible meaning.

see

I've seen some STEM retards in my days. Unis really have to find a way to bypass the ones who just do homework, do mediocre on tests, and still somehow end up passing with a B

a D is a pass, that's like two whole letters lower than a B
plus they're actually doing something worthwhile so obviously it's harder
it's better to try to do something meaningful even if you suck at it than to do some bullshit that you can do easily

Should just be S&M desu senpai

D is fail, C is pass at my uni

>Be in compsci 1
>"Alright here's your first programming assignment"
>Majority of class groans about it
>"Alright class we're going to talk about recursion"
>Majority of class hates it and thinks it's literally the worse thing ever
>I handle it just fine and think it's cool
>"Alright class pop quiz"
>Entire class groans over a 1 question quiz
>Repeat throughout all of the required compsci classes even up to junior year
I don't understand. You signed up for computer science classes what were you expecting? Maybe I'm just not a normie.

There are a lot of normies/lazy fucks even in high end CS/Math classes.

Are you fucking fully retarded,? I would literally smash your head in with a rock if you were anywhere near me

But I'm a NEET-o-burrito user.

Veeky Forums is a board not a "forum" you nigger

A ton of these scrublords come to computer science because MUH GAMES or often the case with females MUH BLOGS AND WEB DESIGN and they really couldnt care less about no algorithms or recursion.

> Alright
> worse thing ever

Pretty sure you're a normie

It Should be CEMP
Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Math & Physics.

Replace the A in STEAM. Replace "Arts" with "Archeology".

>Be new grad student, need to TA spatial statistics class
>Prof sends email an hour before class with the syllibus and "good luck user email me with any questions"
>I thought I'd just be marking papers or some shit
>Never done anything close to teaching
>Accidentally spaghetti hard and introduce myself as the professor
>Skip the rest of syllibus day and go straight into chapter 1 before they can ask questions
>Pop quiz whenever someone raises a hand
>End of semester, several students still think I am the prof
They give the actual prof shitty reviews on ratemyprofessors that are cleary aimed at me

fuck, if we're making the A a specific field it should be astronomy.

Haha. It's your first time, so it's no big deal. When I had my first class, I made a few errors here and there.

>professor walks in
>gunnars, long hair, spiked wristband tells us to call him Tim
>highest level undergrad math course
>seems knowledgeable and explains clearly
and today was a good day

this is exactly what i use this garbage board for