How do you deal with Exams Stress?

I'm a Yuropoor undergrad (2nd semester) and have an exam (Optics/Waves/Thermal Energy) in about 2 hours. How do you deal with the stress Veeky Forums? It's always been driving me crazy, but these few years it's gotten worse. Any tips?

Stop for a minute and breath. Think that you are gonna do it right, and then think of something you like to do, and think you are going to do that after the exam

There's nothing to worry about. Either I did the work and understand the material, and will therefore be fine on the exam, or I didn't and don't so I'll earn a bad grade on the exam. Generally, one bad exam won't sink your chances of passing the course and a whole, so it's a good time to refocus how you're spending your time.

Thanks for the kind words anons! I'm leaving now (and hoping for the best).

i got gud

Read the Mindfulness of Breathing sutra.

Drink tea, drink water, eat spinach (filled with B vitamins that reduce stress and enhance brain functioning).

A hydrated brain is a far less stressed brain, tea I know reduces stress too.

If you want the best out of your spinach or other leafy greens which also are relatively abundant in some B vitamins, don't cook them. Cooking them destroys the nutritional content. (I prefer smoothies: spinach, bananas and berries (antioxidants from berries also relieve stress) all in coconut water, tastes delicious.)

Try googling other ways to relieve stress, I think cardio's one (definitely causes the brain to produce more endorphins)

Cardio and staying hydrated also boost mental performance (there's a correlation between lung and attention spans, water keeps it functioning more optimally.)

Hope that helps, brah

Pre' easy

But drink bottled water. Fluoride in tap water reduces cognitive performance

>Fluoride in tap water reduces cognitive performance

Or should I say: impedes cognitive performance over the long term. Reduces IQ. G'luck

Get hammered.
t. Alcoholic

I never learned how. But I can tell you to never ever use ephedra or junk like that to study and/or stay awake.

I have 2 weeks to learn all of undergrad physics for a stupid.

I already drink lots of water. Bottled too, in fact (I'm studying in a different city, so I don't trust the tap water here).Around 3-4.5 liters per day.

Thanks Don, Tony.

Never tried that, truth be told. Not even during High School Finals (here they're the "end-all-be-all" of what Uni you end up in).

----------

Anyway, I just got back, and I think I did pretty good. I answered everything apart from a 0.5/10 worth proof. I found some mistakes in some other proofs, but they were in the 0.5/10 range as well.

The exercises were a tad tough, since they weren't from class at all, and I never came across them in the textbook (I'm the Serway user from a few days back). I answered all of them though, and the results made sense, so I'm pretty optimistic.

I'm not studious enough for the 10/10 (I'm getting better at focusing, but I'm still in the "try to study for 9 hours per day, end up studying for 3" range), but I think I did pretty good. As time moves on, I'll get the hang of it.

And again, thanks for the tips everyone!

Jeez user, what were you doing all year? What's the curriculum?

only at you can pull this is if you get your ass on a desk, get the khan academy physics playlist and learn it all.

khan academy is substandard, but will get you a pass.

I'm 12 hours daily, prayer will get

Gravitation, electricity, optics, motion, waves

Just fuck me up desu

assuming this is entry level physics
>optics
it's all trig, a day or two
>electricity
assuming only DC, a week (KVL, KCL, mesh analysis, super position, thevenin and Norton, etc)
>motion
highschool stuff, you'll be fine
>gravitation, waves
woot?

also, no thermodynamics and/or fluid dynamics?

>I'm a Yuropoor undergrad (2nd semester)
you are a dumb frogposter first and foremost. This makes you stand beneath me. This is why I will ignore your post. You should feel insulted and rejected, my dear sir, and never frogpost again.

That's two semesters, right? Gravitation I pressume is one Chaper (Keppler's Law and whatnot). Electrity I haven't done yet at Uni. Optics is about 4 Chapters here (around 150 pages). Motion is a broad subject, but most of it is known since HS. Waves are about the same length as Optics.

It's a bit too much, but if you grind fast enough, you may pull a pass.

Damn user, you hurt my feelings...

-----
Question: A ball (you know, like a marble), what kind of reflector would you say it is? I worked it like two reflectors, a curved one, and a hollow one. I mean, I didn't know about the various n so it's not that... thing (curved in the front, like a board in the back). It's most certainly not a divergent lens. So the remaining options are a curved/hollow mix, and a converging mirror. I again don't know anything about the Rs, n and whatnot, so I went with "curved and hollow together" and solved like a classic "two reflectors" exercise. The results made sense, so I hope it's correct.

Bumping for Marbles.

>How do you deal with the stress Veeky Forums?
You won't have stress if you know the material.
Just don't be a lazy fuck, and study during the semester.

Not all books are good. Not all professors are good. Not all Unis are good. I mean, as a Yuropoor, I can't even choose my subjects. I'm not saying the "don't be lazy" part isn't true, but you can never be 100% ready for anything.

>Not all books are good
There's bound to be at least one good book on any undergrad subject.
>Not all professors are good
That's why we have stack exchange. Pretty much every question that could come up in an undergraduate course has been asked and answered.
>Not all Unis are good
See above.
>but you can never be 100% ready for anything
Of course, but you don't have to literally ace every exam to get a great GPA.

>There's bound to be at least one good book on any undergrad subject.
Well, Unis here just allow you to choose 1 book out of three or so (sometimes less). The best that being offered in my Semester was Serway's and it's a pretty sucky book. You need to know about authors and whatnot to be able to pick a good book.

>That's why we have stack exchange. Pretty much every question that could come up in an undergraduate course has been asked and answered.
Well, I haven't been here that long to know what this is... In either case, could you answer the marble thing here: Thanks!

>See above.
Some of us are Yuropoors. Our Unis are shit.

>Of course, but you don't have to literally ace every exam to get a great GPA.
Eh, fair enough. I did so-so in my first year. A 10, an 8.5, some 7s, but a few fails and barely passes as well. I'm improving though, I guess.

If you're done studying and you're just waiting for the exam to start just let go and trust in your abilities. Once the exam is done it's done, you can't go back and change your answers so you just gotta relax and do your best. Stressing over minor things is just going to waste your time. If you don't know something or have doubts, leave it and come back to it at the end.

get wasted.