dalkeyarchive.com/product/in-partial-disgrace/
dalkeyarchive.com/product/in-partial-disgrace-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

[2/4]

[3/4]

[4/4]

>Hard Rain Falling

nice

i still don't understand the point of these threads, and it's been years.

I like to see them, sometimes a book title catch my attention and I look it up.
I've found some nice gems here and there

Niggas want to take book selfies like the numales they are

Do you have any other Barth or did you read Letters without doing so? I want to talk to someone who did that.

>picture of books
>see books you know
>see some you don't
>maybe I'll like the book I don't know
>look up unknown book
>have new reading material

two copies of ada? respect

Is this good? looked like the latest nyrb meme

>no IJ

Amazon sent me two for some reason. I'll pass it on to anyone who wants it.
Out on loan. A lot of my books are loaned out. My copy of V. is in AUS right now with a friend and my copy of The Recognitions has been to Cuba.

I saw it at a second hand book store and bought it. I've only read The Floating Opera so far, but I have all his other work on my Kindle

rate my meme stack

shelf threads are so lame because it just shows how we all circle jerk over the same crap. You rarely see anyone with a shelf with a very specific interest (say, birds/ornithology for example). It's all memes and greeks, and deadwhitemales.

>implying people with developed tastes and interests have any reasons to come to Veeky Forums let alone post their shelves

I'll take it

[email protected]

not sure if this is real. email me your address if you're serious. I don't mind spending $2-3 bucks to pass it on.
[email protected]

sent

got it. I'll send it before the weekend.

I have an e-reader so I can't show off, but I have an interest in primary sources of war atrocities, history books, ancient military tactics, and Chinese literature.

screen cap your books file

Here are some of mine. [1/5]

[2/5]

literally, meme loving fuck

[3/5]

[4/5]

memes are good for the soul

I thought it would be pretty cool to have Guevara's book on my shelf. Turns out I was wrong.

[5/5]

Thats one of my gfs I haven't read it.

1/4

2/4

3/4

4/4
Shitty mass market fantasy and sci-fi with some stragglers hidden behind

Whats up with the butterfly books
Are you some kind of butterfly scientist

>railway guide

T H I C C

I just like butterflies and nature in general.

t. Nabokov

I see that ken follett, scum! 3/10 patrician status revoked

I always wonder wtf is up with editions of books, like your Frankenstein, and what reason they have to be so fucking big. I have like a small ~100 edition of that with an academic intro and good font and it's like a 6th the width of that piece of shit.

Is it shit? I bought it a long time ago for like two dollars, and haven't picked it up due to hearing that its merits might have been greatly exaggerated.

Do you regret getting memed into bottoms dream?

Malazan book of the fallen is the only acceptable fantasy to have shelved

That's why it's the only one that was given a spot. It's my favorite from my fantasy reading days, and the only one I feel can be called literary.

>KJV
manthrowingup.jpeg

I read The Pillars of the Earth in high school. I loved it, and still have vivid memories of a few scenes. Imo it IS worth reading, but this opinion was formed by a teenager so...

Mostly just giving you a hard time m8.

>manthrowingup.jpeg
>not noticing my pantheistic shelves
>not noticing I have Dawkins
lits kys. (sic)

How is Rothfuss? A friend of mine talked him up as the greatest since sliced bread and I bought both books. Couldn't get into The Name of the Wind, though. Does it get better?

your shelves are tippy tops, user. i like your french and russian choices.

no faggot, he is speaking of the KJV being the worst bible

It's wish fulfillment fantasy with a Gary Stu protag, and above average prose as far as fantasy goes. It's good for a quick, easy read if you're a fan of fantasy, but there's much better books out there.

Thanks, brah
Oh. I went through 12 years of Catholic School, and my mom is a Catholic school teacher. KJV seemed to piss my whole family [except my rich WASP Uncle] off so I bought it

That's too bad. If this is "good" it's no wonder genre publishing is suckin'. Tor, despite publishing in English, is no longer accepting traditional (Euro-centric) fantasy, and specifically asking for stories that draw from other cultures. I can't imagine what the slush pile looked like. Thousands of Gary Stus on white horses, endlessly avenging their lady love.

I would love to see an African Galeotto.

it piss me off too, dont fall for the protestant dogs lies

This.

KJV is terrible by today's translation standards.

Not him, but is the RSV a good translation?

Yea, it's pretty good.

So it's easier to understand than the KJV? I've just started on Genesis, pretty sad about Adam and Eves children.

>tfw no bookshelf
I keep my books in stacks around the apt or even a box

>tfw bookshelf I made years ago but some books stick out
>tfw only have a few anyway

it's the only way we can be certian it's not just 3 of us fucking with each other.

also you can develop taste. although i've never seen anybody post here with better taste than me and that faggy youtuber Cliff

Yes, and more accurate.

Unread/10

You have almost all of the meme bases covered. I love Vollmann. That hardcover The Dying Grass looks nice, I have it in paperback and I'm regretting it now.

Have you read Dying Grass?

I looked up that book "In Partial Disgrace."

Why is the hardcover 600 pages and the paperback 337 pages?

dalkeyarchive.com/product/in-partial-disgrace/
dalkeyarchive.com/product/in-partial-disgrace-2/

Doesn't say abridged anywhere.

Yea I did. I loved it. My favorite of his so far, probably.

4channels i need ur aproovles, see pic

got that choice old world shelf (respec)

memein' ain't sinnin' boy you read those books

evola's got some interesting titles don't he. quality?

jealous of your stax pardner. wish i had the room.

hope u read all thother westerns first, don't spoil yaself

Have you gotten around to reading any of it yet?

that ain't aproovle pardner, an i cant read. makin that sore point in public isjus rude

I'm new, pls no bully

Hey man how's The Familiar? I'm reading House of Leaves right now and I'm loving it, and I figured I might as well try out the series.

Too small, can make out more than 3 or 4 titles.

I'll post a better one tomorrow

I actually just picked those up about 4 days ago, so I'm not sure. Going to read the first one after I finish Underworld. I've hear almost exclusively good things, though.

You deserve to be bullied based solely on your camera skills

nice unread copy of infinite jest

Dude you don't have to repeatedly run Infinite Jest over with your car to prove to Veeky Forums you actually read it.

;) I buy a new one for each reading. That one was my first

it was a serious question. I'm pretty sure that's the shelf where the original poster claimed a few months ago to have not read any of it but bought them with the intention of working through it all in the future.

You're Esichio and the guy she tells you not to worry about is Verkrah.

I loved house of leaves but was not a fan of the familiar, though I have only read the first volume. I've heard it gets significantly better but with like 24 more volumes planned I'm not sure I even want to give it another shot.

That's what I heard. The first two are supposedly meh, but the 3rd and 4th are supposed to be amazing.

(you) musta ben my preconseeved notion of an erryday Veeky Forums fella. i reckin that was me. top's done, middle is cookin, bottom is ice cold. im in shelf fer tha Like reeacts, bud. u gunna bulb my poast or whut.

>Tor, despite publishing in English, is no longer accepting traditional (Euro-centric) fantasy, and specifically asking for stories that draw from other cultures.
>other cultures

What a bunch of cucks lel

Seriously though who cares as long as it's well written? If Tor wants to draw on other cultures they had better be prepared for a bunch of enraged sjws accusing them of "cultural appropriation"

Brand new books, spine never cracked. Add to that the need to make shelf selfie, I conclude that you are, without a doubt, a fucking pseud sempai

Wow good eye, I never would have noticed that. That's one of my favorites up there so I'll email dalkey and see what they say, I checked the amazon listing and they have the same number of pages so it can't be a mistake. It is probably just a typographical change but you never know.

Pleb incoming. I need more space.

Really, Hitchhiker's Guide? Do you read for fun or something?

>Swastika

EXPLAIN

We'd get on well user

1of4

2of4

3of4

4of4