Pi is an infinite number

>pi is an infinite number

Only in the sense that any number is infinite.
>1.0000000000000000=>to infinity

>Number.
>Infinite.

>Never heard of ordinal numbers

Only in the sense that we are only able to accurately calculate that number up to so many digits, so we will just assume it's "infinite" until we reach a supposed end

>tfw to intelligent too think pi is an irrational number because I calculated it past 73 duodecillion decimal places where it starts to repeat from the beginning

Number is unironically a social construct.

>doesnt know about p-adic numbers

No, this is not possible.

According to Riemann's paradox, pi's actually infinity minus infinity.

its Riemann's rearrangement theorem

.>reals
>infinite

wew lad

I thought it was somewhere between three and four.

It's been proven to be irrational and transcendental. The only way to express the value is with an infinite sum, which converges quite nicely into a finite number.

>the only way
Or, you know, it is the period of [math]e^x[/math] divided by [math]2i[/math].

Nice try; e is also transcendental. You still need an infinite sum to calculate its value.

"Calculate its value" is different from "express its value."

[math]e[/math] is the unique number [math]a[/math] such that [math]a^x[/math] is its own derivative, and [math]\pi[/math] is the period of [math]e^x[/math] divided by [math]2i[/math].

There, I just expressed the value of both without any infinite sums (and in a way that is meaningful and intrinsic).

>unique
heh

Aside from 0.

>pi is a normal number

>You still need an infinite sum to calculate its value.
>sum
Not necessarily a sum. Is dichotomy a sum?

When I said 'express its value', I was referring to a mathematical expression. Regardless of how you construct your expression, there will need to be an infinite sum somewhere for it to be equal to pi.
Dichotomy isn't a sum, but if you were forced to reduce the expression to integer coefficients, you would still have to use infinity.

>When I said 'express its value', I was referring to a mathematical expression. Regardless of how you construct your expression, there will need to be an infinite sum somewhere for it to be equal to pi.
And that is what I am saying is false.

Mathematicians don't give a damn what [math]\pi[/math] or [math]e[/math] numerically are. Those numbers are important and intrinsic due to , which is also their definition and mathematical expression.

You seem stuck on thinking that a mathematical expression has to be a sum or something. A mathematical expression of a number is any definition of it.

>pi is a number

>A mathematical expression of a number is any definition of it.
Considering that the terminology of 'expression' is literally refers to a phrase constructed with numbers and operations, you could not be further from the truth.

ita food !!xdd

just say its not algebraic, branlet
you know he means this stop bully

>I just expressed the value of both
nope

okay now tell me ''what is the value of e+pi''

dumb thread, dumb response

Post instances where pi or e show up unexpectedly. I'll start:

1 + 1/4 + 1/9 + 1/16 + ... = pi^2 / 6

> Post instances where pi or e show up unexpectedly

Both:
Inclination of Earth axis to ecliptic is almost equal to: