Look at my FUCKING Linear Algebra syllabus:

Look at my FUCKING Linear Algebra syllabus:

"Class meetings will frequently involve working in small groups on challenging problems, sharing your progress on these problems
(however tentative), and providing others with questions and comments on their mathematical thinking. Active learning
methods have been shown to strengthen student learning and achievement, foster students' confidence in their ability to do
mathematics, and increase the diversity of the mathematical community (cbmsweb.org/Statements/Active_Learning_Statement.pdf). It is
your responsibility as a learner and as a class member to participate, rather than being just a passive observer or note-taker. In
addition to working together in class, you are encouraged to find study partners or to form study groups outside of class."

Are you fucking kidding me? Just teach me the definitions and theorems and let me prove in peace. We spent 15 minutes today working in groups and writing/explaining our answers on a whiteboard. Fuck this gay as shit.

Q: Are you a dumb engineering freshman?
A: No, this course is for Math majors only whom have already taken a computation-based course in Linear Algebra

Q: Do you go to a brainlet university?
A: I go to a decent state school. I've had outstanding profs before, idk what the fuck this is. The prof is doing research in "mathematical learning" so we're her guinea pigs

math is collaborative, deal with it

(((active learning))) AKA course handicap for brainlets is gay and has no place in mathematics.

lmao you sound like such a faggot yhahahaahaha
>WAAGHHH THE PEOPLE SCARE MEE :(((((((((((
>WAAAAA I CAN'T HANDLE IT I CANT TALK TO PEOPLE :""""( IM A GROWN FUCKING MAN BY THE WAY :((((((

hahahaahaaha what a fucking retard you are lmao you're such a typical math majorhahaaaahaahahaha

t. more prestigious, more important, bigger penis, smarter, and harder working than you

haHAHAHAHA he KEEPS CRYING!

When I want to talk to people I will. Just want to sit down and learn some math, not explain things to brainlets who don't get it.

can't you test out of the class, or better yet take a grad level course in linear algebra? especially if you have already taken a more remedial lin alg course

i think the reality is that you are an insecure brainlet who is afraid of working in groups because you don't want to expose how mathematically incompetent you are

The funny thing is that's what all the research points to as the best way to learn for nearly all students. Too much of an autistic fag to understand that tough.

>whom have
Droo out and take english 101

>When I want to talk to people I will
AKA i want to gauge everyone else before revealing my power level because i'm an insecure faggot

Not OP, but more likely just don't want to be responsible for an unmotivated person's learning. That's supposed to be the Profs job

>Droo out
Fuck off and take spellcheck 101

Drop it.

A linear algebra class won't have anything but people who are already pretty decent at math... i doubt you'll have to carry any brainlets, its not Calc 1 with nursing students in your class who hold the class back because they can't grasp delta-epsilon proofs. Not sure what the big deal is.

>math major
>already took a linear algebra class before this one
>school separates computation-based linear algebra from the full course
you just need to come to terms with the fact that your school sucks

They're right though. When I went to math lab and worked with other people it helped a lot, especially explaining concepts to other students would reinforce my understanding.

>(((her)))
>(((active learning)))
I'm sorry user :( best advice I can offer is that women teachers looOOOoove when they feel like they made an average student better. I swear, they 100% favor students who "improve" during their class (like C's or B's on first few assignments and then A's at the end) over kids who just get all A's and don't find the class challenging. It's so obnoxious.

Colleges do these things to weed out unemployable autistic people like you.

>we're "her" guinea pigs

That's your problem.

Want to be a mathematician? So stop winning and learn how to express your ideias to a group of people in the same area, because that is a totally necessary ability for a good mathematician.

You can be fucking terence tao, but if you can't contribute to mathematics as a community you are as useful as brainlet.

And it is fucking linear algebra - one of the most straight up and easiest topics in math, but abstract enough that explaining your mind might be challenging, your math course seems to be better than you OP.

> this course is for math majors whom have
> need to take a computation based course in linear algebra in order to take a proof-based course in linear algebra

change your major to engineering

when my calc II prof is asked a question she replies you with another question and proposes you do try/solve the problem on the board. Is this "active learning"? Because it's maddening.

Sounds like she's trying to fuck you over. Some profs are just rotten people.

Could be worse. For my Graph Theory course we had to do group poster projects. Penultimate lecture was going around and looking at each other's posters. Also everyone got 100% on the poster because A for effort. Literally middle school tier assignment.

What year were you in?

ru? if so can i guess the prof

>stop winning
Bad advice dummy

>computation-based course in Linear Algebra
>decent school
Any school in which linear algebra with proofs isn't the first linear algebra course you take is shit. Might as well change your major to engineering because your math major from this shit school will get you a high school job at best