I swear to God that fucking picture makes my blood boil

I swear to God that fucking picture makes my blood boil.
All those pretentious maggots (for understandings sake I refer to them as normies) that put themselves on a high pedestal and proudly emphasize that they, indeed (ladies and gentlemen you may or may not believe it!), read books. How does their mind work?
>"I read books,that means, I am smart"
You can notice them on the way they speak about themselves. Whenever they emphasize how much they read books, as well as taking tasteless photographs of themself posing (as unnatural and "cute" as possible) with a book or just letting everyone know how much they've read without you asking, you know exactly what you're dealing with. In my experience females show such behaviour way more than men.
I assume in their retarded thought-process they think back to the one time they paid attention in history class and how only scholars and higher ups had the ability to read and that's why they associate the act of reading with being intelligent. Added with the romantizing of reading books in media and social circles they try to sustain that image of themselves. Books are a medium like any other and vary strongly in terms of quality, but they act as all books are inherently good pieces of fiction and everything else is below.
Depending on what you read you may gain more insight on certain subjects, however the most important part and the one normies don't even think about for a second is, that you have to process it (,but of course how could they, if their oh so great mind is completely occupied with gossiping, celebrities, spending money or if or if not Jake is cheating on them!). You have to form your own opinion of what you've read and think about what you would've removed/added to make the piece of literature better. If you read let's say a philosophical or religious work and agree with each and every point and do nothing but quote the creator without processing both your worldviews or not adding a piece of your mind, your thoughts and life experiences you're nothing more than a parrot. It's just frustrating that normies that associate themselves with literature think of their mind as a deep, sky blue ocean, when it takes a non-retarded person two minutes to realize s/he it's a dirty puddle by the roadside.
I hope you are not like that.

not sure whats worse

a gymcel with an ugly face or a wittgenstein shitposter

why do you care so much? get a life, nerd

lol ok

>t. nasty boi
aren't you~ spicy!

user with the Diss!

Does the nerd/jock dichotomy even exist anymore? I feel like everyone with half a brain is embarrassed to be a normie now

wew lad

Be the best version of yourself
If you're a jughead, you're wasting your wisdom and are already dead
If you're a weakling or unattractive, you're wasting your physique and are already dead

>inb4 palsied autistic replies to me

That picture is pretty accurate then, since a giant head is shorthand for a gigantic ego.

This sums it up nicely.

>"I read books,that means, I am smart"
I know you're quoting normies but you're also quoting Veeky Forums

anyone who thinks they are smart because they consume or understand a type of media are maroons of the worst cut. you're not smart because you like jazz, you're not smart because you like philosophy, you're not smart because you taste wines. You can be made more knowledgeable and worldly by these things, and in some cases they can indeed make you smarter if they impart skills or unlock new avenues of thinking, but simply "consuming" them does not imply that you are "made smarter" by them in any way at all. And honestly, I feel like people are more often made insufferable by their esoteric interests than anything else—especially online.

What a stupid fucking picture. You know a non-white drew it. It's always non-whites with these dumb cartoons.

Now do tiny head and tiny body and call him Veeky Forums.

what if you're a peabrain weakbody

asking for a friend

>What a stupid fucking picture. You know a non-white drew it. It's always non-whites with these dumb cartoons.
Nice try reptilian.

This has reptilian stink all over it.

-rupi kaur

4 u

So we're the most handsome out of the bunch? I dig it.

After re-evaluating the shoop through the lens of your comment I think this image is quantum in that it exists in a superposition state of insult and compliment simultaneously until decided by the user.

Quantum memes are the future. Invest now.

*subscribe*

kek this is epic. Just need to put /pol/ over the ripped intellectual and this is accurate. Fuck the leftist numale brainlet cucks here

I can't tell if this post is satire or not.

>t. bluepilled who hates whiteness and masculinity

Gosh, you care an awful lot about discerning the real secret truth about other people's intelligence. Let me put it this way: 27% of U.S. adults didn't read a single book last year. Not a single fucking book. So I'll take the pretentious maggots, thanks. I've tried the illiterate jocks.

>people either read books for pretentious reasons or play football
wat

ok

>maroons of the worst cut

intelligence is a spook senpai

it's a joke ya maroon

keep up

Try again. Your comprehension is faulty. Perhaps if you read more.

nah you just paint dumb word pictures

you probably have a cape that says "subtext master"

i know your kind

But Veeky Forums isn't the way you described. If Veeky Forums thought you were smart just for reading books, you'd see Ulysses and Harry Potter treated as equal value here because they're both books. One of them simply has more value to offer, and also requires more skill and knowledge to obtain that value.

Value is entirely subjective.

Bu... Bu.... But I just finished my Rare Pepe Crafting apprenticeship over at r/Veeky Forums

I suppose I did go off on a tangent unrelated to the main point. Fair assessment, user. Duly noted!

Though it cannot be denied that there is a large contingent of well read morons on Veeky Forums who became morons because they thought "i am smart i want to be smart i'm gonna read the smart books these are the smart books hey those aren't the smart books i know the smart books i'm the smart books guy not you" and they just...don't get it at all.

I suppose this boogeyman of pretentious morons led me to unfair comparison in context of the overarching topical point of this thread!

I
AM
GUILTY

LOL

SELL SELL SELL

TH BUBBLE IS POPPING

>he believes in objective quality
user we have to talk

more meta moral dilemmas!

Love this

>top track
two insufferable cunts
>bottom track
six worthless peons

user this is easy

Killing two mutants is clearly superior to killing five normal people, but would he empathize correctly, if the switch puller were a mutant?

But the mutants are marvels of nature—grotesque and disfigured sure, but capable of great things. Feats of strength and intelligence, that surely the switch puller would benefit from.

Does history mourn the deaths of random normies? Or do we rather look back on our Andre the Giants and weep for what once was?

Surely the normie would kill the mutants though? I'm curious, if the mutant would kill the normies instead of the mutant does this mean he has a thirst for blood? Is he taking sadistic revenge on the masses of normies by using this situation to his advantage or is he just looking out for his own kind? Is his quest revenge or is it altruism? Loyalty, or utilitarianism? Where does the journey begin for this individual? What would he do in any of these problems?

oh man this is actually a funny thread

>that pic
at last i truly see

it's time to kill myself

Wrong. Smart people don't use stupid phrases like "manlet".

Where's the punchline

manlet detected
samefag manlet trying to psychologically project himself as taller by stacking his posts

What does a very smart person call a manlet, I wonder?

Admit it! Despite your pseudo-bohemian appearance and vaguely leftist doctrine of beliefs, you know nothing about art or sex that you couldn't read in any trendy, New York, underground fashion magazine. Prototypical non-comformist, you are a vacuous soldier of the thrift store Gestapo. You adhere to a set of standards and tastes that appear to be determined by an unseen panel of hipster judges giving a thumbs up or thumbs down to incoming and outgoing trends and style of music and art. Go analog baby, you're so post-modern. You're diving face forward into an antiquated past. It's disgusting. It's offensive. Don't stick your nose up at me.

What do you have to say for yourself?

You spend your time sitting in circles with your friends pontificating to each other. Forever competing for that one moment of self-aggrandizing glory in which you hog the intellectual spotlight, holding dominion over the entire shallow pointless conversation. Oh, we're not worthy. When you want by a group of quote-unquote normal people you chuckle to yourself, patting yourself on the back as you scoff. It's the same superiority complex shared by the high school jocks who made your life a living hell and makes you a slave to the competitive capitalist dogma you spend every waking moment of your life bitching about.

Yeah, what do you have to say for yourself?

two sentences in and I already feel molested

good job

>It's just frustrating that normies that associate themselves with literature think of their mind as a deep, sky blue ocean, when it takes a non-retarded person two minutes to realize s/he it's a dirty puddle by the roadside.

The irony is so delicious. Or is this bait? Did I fall for bait? Either way 6.5/10 thread, I had fun.

this, to be hombre fambro

i have a hard and fast rule that never fails

if you think you're smart you're probably retarded

t. some dead asian guy (paraphrased)

/k/, /r9k/, /pol/, Veeky Forums

left to right

>not /qa/, /trash/, /mlp/, /adv/
ya blew it

Shit, I hate that too.
I just would like to note my slightly disagreement with the last part. I don't think agreeing with everything you read on a book is inherently detrimental. You might just happen to agree. That's even more obvious if you take simple theorems as example.
But if a person can't strongly disagree with anything they read, the only options I see are:
They are stupid;
They reached a level so high they are capable of putting everything in a universal mental model where everything has a dialectical interaction with it's environment. i.e. They left humanity behind and ascended to the plane of the aesthetics gods, to forever get mired by qt3.14 and rave with Zyzz. Or in the words of the men himself "fuaaarrkkk we are all gonna make it brahh".

wew

shawdy

these self-identifying-as-a-book-nerd people don't even read anything difficult or all that often

The fact that we use Art and literature as a tool to reassure the meaning of our existence, instead of taking it as a tool to understand the world around us, is despicable yes.

Also, the petite bourgeoisie is good at thinking s/he is a good-thinker, while covering themselves with what is integrism; never having an opinion on whatsoever. And the whole selfie-with-book thing is their way of saying they have culture, which means shit.

But don't get frustrated over that user. If you are brighter than them they will eventually be self-aware of how small of a person they are. I mean, they started to read books or own them, right? (haha, right?) Just be humble though. Nobody likes to learn from someone who is showing their intellect: you'll appear condescending.

>tfw you lift and are on the swim team but you also read dosto in your spare time

why do people have these binary images of everything? why can't I be massive and smart at the same time?

It's just a good old cliché I guess. It's kinda dumb.

>When you want by a group of quote-unquote normal people you chucke to yourself
What did he mean by this?

Idk, your critic is A-OK but I think there are worst post-modern hips out there then OP appears to be. He didn't even cite some prestigious writers or anything. Was sharing some frustrations is all.

>tfw 6"1 unattractive peabrain

Should I work out, read more or just kill myself?

Smart people do what they like

what are you attempting to incite

All hope is probably lost. If you aren't at least 6'5" with a 12" dick then you should probably kill yourself, women's standards are very high these days.

>reading Dostoevsky makes you smart
Holy fuck lad

>implying they care at all if you can make them laugh and have a job
It's *really* not that hard

Just Don't. Be. Awful.

I would say that I'm sorry, and that I want to understand it so that I might get better. What would you have me do?

It's a joke bud.

Wow. Joking. In the current year.

Now I've seen it all.

>What if I told you there was a place where no one reads books? A place where people only read headlines, lists, and pictures.

Its better than not reading it,

a daring synthesis :^)

So you would fuck a guy with a vagina

absolutely

and right when I cum I'd slap s/him on the ass and say "good game, now hit the showers"

nigga you gay

tell that to my five beautiful children from my HANDSOME MANWIFE

checkmate traptheists

If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down on his shoulders what would you tell him to do?

I haven't laughed this hard at Veeky Forums in a long time

>make them laugh

If a woman likes you she will laugh at everything you say. I think you have made a false association based on your limited interaction with giggly whores.

>understand the world around us
literal ideology

Drop it already, geeze.

well, we're the only one that doesn't look like some kind of mutant creature

many of them just read shit like harry potter or percy jackson or infinite jest too

what a bunch of morons

No one cares. Shut the fuck up.

I read the OP, but can anyone summarize this thread for me?

underrated

Seek help