Deep Sea Science

I want to study to become a deep sea scientist
What courses should I take to achieve this?
Marine biology would be needed to study the creatures that inhabit the deep sea, but physics would be needed to create the technology to explore the deep sea to observe these creatures?

Anyone?

You want to be a deep sea scientist so you should just go the marine biology path.

That's what I was originally thinking, but then I realized I would need to learn how to create machines that can explore the deep sea in order to study deep sea creatures in their natural habitat, since my country has no deep sea technology at all

Go full geology woth focus on basin stratigrapht and paleontology. Take also some natural resources because money!

Are you fucking retarded? Did you learn programming to build your own browser so you could come to sci?

I wouldn't want to do natural resources because of moral reasons
I don't care about money that much

Scuba Diving
Biochemistry

Your not going to be building anything, even if you were you are not going to be the one using it, it's going to be the scientist. Become a marine biologist and move to a different country.

Physical oceanography aswell
Ecosystem science with a concentration on dynamics
Prepare for a life of grief, I've been studying marine biology my entire life

Ohhh and duh, evolution, ecology, phenology.
Read the scientific literature and encyclopedias. I went into study marine biology and was offered to be a TA as a sophomore before I dropped out because I was so far ahead from reading. Get familiar with field practice, sampling, experiment design, the methodology and how to experiment, also it can't be stressed enough how important networking is. Now that I mention it, network science too.

Experiment design, and drafting, aswell as grant proposals.

Worth mentioning, you need to study the entire ocean to understand part of the ocean

HG Wells martian detected

It is normal to work in interdisciplinary groups. If you have the biology background you only need to communicate clearly what you need to achieve for the physicist/engineer/programmer to make what you need.

Anyways, what attracts you to this field? Pic. related.

In my country you have an expensive student loan that you have to pay back.
If I left the country, they increase the already large amount of money I have to pay back much more

Wait why has studying marine biology given you grief? Studying marine life would be exciting

The deep ocean is the last frontier on this planet. A whole world very unexplored that I would love to discover new things in
Our knowledge is very limited, the exploratory potential is huge

Not that user, but everyone and their mom wants to do marine biology. It's a very competitive and harsh field. You have to be prepared to do completely dull grunt work and still pretend to be excited by it.

Why don't you start with general biology courses first and then decide in which direction you want to go?

What are the dull grunt work that I'll have to do?
It shouldn't be too competitive where I live, since I live in the temperate zone, not the subtropical or tropical zone

>Wait why has studying marine biology given you grief? Studying marine life would be exciting
[/spoiler]
ITS ALL FUCKING DYING

>marine biology
>plastic

>>plastic
im confused where did plastic come into this conversation?

So this comic is accurate?

How fucked is the ocean, exactly?

Dealing with catastrophic ecosystem collapse would be heartwrenching
What are marine animals that will likely survive the sixth mass extinction with human help?